The Bond Experience

Comments

• ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent

We’d call that a flat cap over here, but it may have a more technical name and I’m being a philistine?

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited June 2021

the shape of the first one looks like a fedora

2nd is a Side cap

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    edited June 2021

To my admittedly untrained eye, the first one looks more like a Trilby hat than a Fedora. The latter is more pronounced (think Indiana Jones) than a Trilby.

the second appears to be a military side cap (as Noi notes) aka a 'garrison cap'.

The third is an ivy cap, aka a flat cap as Thomo notes.

Who knew there were so many names or types of hat? I do hope that Choogle will lock this info down now 😉

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent

Great post. Thanks

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

I think I have enough to go on now- thanks, everyone, I'll put a post here when the result is ready!

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Thanks again for the help. You can see the results at Imaginary Conversations - Page 45 — ajb007 Post 1323

• JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent

This may have been covered before, but I've just been watching David's excellent video on sandals and wondered what the first pair were he mentioned? The ones that he describes as 'almost custom made'. Thanks in advance!

• JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent

Yes these are the ones! Thank you, and thanks for flying the flag for sandals. I’m on board and I’m 27 🩴

• Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent

So I walk out of my office, thinking about making some toast as a snack, and who do I see gracing my TV screen (looking not particularly suave at all I might add!)

Mr Zaritsky himself!

Congratulations sir and have an amazing time whilst in my home town!

HC.

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent

Good old this morning , you've now made it David ! 😆

I'll get it on catch up, yes have a great time in our wonderful country

007 reporting for duty
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

David, you did Bond fans proud with your interview of Daniel Craig. I think you surprised him with questions that other interviewers had never asked. Thank you for thanking him for the joy he has given us.

• ChicoChico Posts: 56MI6 Agent

The Bond Experience, excellent interview with Daniel, it is a celebration and a look through to his journey to Bond and you didn’t ask him about the future of Bond, you spoke for all of us Bond and Craig fans, a direct link as if we were asking them too. Now we say, thank you David.

• JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent

Daniel Craig is likely exhausted from the NTTD media tour, so it must be hard to get a decent interview at this point. But Dave knocked it out of the park. He was sincere, and I think DC picked up on that. DC must get asked so many repetitive, and lets be honest, dumb **** questions on these press tours, so you could tell he was happy to speak on things he cares about. Good job Dave, and thank you for this kind of content.

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

I definitely agree with @JMac88 above! How often do we see press junket interviews that are complete train wrecks? In my viewing experience they tend to be only that or full-on cringe-fests, and this one was neither. The advent of the 'influencer' must have also changed the game re: Press junkets and I can't help but recall Hugh Grant's accidental and unprepared ('Horse & Hound') journalist in Notting Hill (wait, that reference probably ages me quite a bit haha), in a scene which has probably grown even more accurate with time.

DC definitely looked exhausted but the length and detail given with some of his answers should be taken as a real compliment. Congrats DZ/TBE on the interview and the acknowledgement. All the best, S.

...a brother from Sydney
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent

Great interview. So different to some of the usual repetitive questions we see and hear during these things. It would be great if there could be a longer follow up interview in the future.

Yes. Considerably!
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters

A most enjoyable interview David, great job!

I'm sure that must have been a amazing, once in a lifetime opportunity, but hopefully its not the last. I'd love to see more Bond fan channel/podcast engagement with the stars and filmmakers of the Bond series going forward.

• dennitodennito Posts: 11MI6 Agent

Congratulations on another amazing interview David, I'm delighted for you. You continue to make our Bond community look good.

Also, I'm really looking forward to hear your spoiler review and discussions, and how you're coping post Bond 25.

Hi, I have a question that maybe or maybe not can be answered. I’m messaging this forum to see if this is something common or just an individual thing.

I purchased my Sunspel Riviera Polo in two colors one in navy last year and one in green in October and one in November of last year. It was a couple of weeks ago that I saw this on both of my collars and placket.

Its a slight discoloration, if you can manage to see it, I don’t know if you have had the same happen to yours. I’ve googled online and found people say it’s the salt in sweat or the bleach in my detergent, but I didn’t see it in the product info. Other than that, adore this shirt and the fit and the feel of quality, just seeing if there’s anything to be done to avoid the fading. Thanks

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    edited June 2022

Looking at the wear in the threads and the colour loss, it looks like the result of over aggressive washing. Best bet is to wash these inside out placed in a cotton bag and using very minimal colourfast detergent. Also, no heat and on a very short gentle cycle. Then dry inside out flat on a towel on the floor. I’ve found that doing this preserves the thread and colour for years and keeps them looking newer for longer.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Thanks for the tip! I’ll definitely try this and hope for the best. If not, I always planned to get another one and will practice more care for it

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 244MI6 Agent

What do we think of the Bond 26 fashion picks in the latest video?

David is still dressing Daniel Craig's Bond. Also, I really do not want Henry Cavill....I want a young Bond in his 20's. I want him to dress his age. David's picks skew to an older Bond. Instead, he needs to imagine Jacob Elordi or someone similar in the part. Perhaps it's time for James Bond in a hoodie? Anyway, the brands you need to look at are Burberry and Prada.

• SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    edited September 2022

Literary Bond is 35-45, more or less, he has a distinguished career in the navy. Love to see Cavill for a least 3 films, but open to a lesser known actor as is standard. (think they need a big name though after that ending)

sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

A Thrudark Black Ops hoodie for downtime could be appropriate...

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent

If we are getting the timeline that DZ said in the video then we are getting to point where Henry Cavill will be getting too old for the role as well now, much as i think he would be a great choice. He is touching 40 and they wont be filming for at least 2yrs. Not especially keen on the clothing choices in the video - look quite old mannish. Things need to be spiced up a bit.

• You Know My Name007You Know My Name007 Posts: 91MI6 Agent

James Bond in a hoody your having a laugh or not hope that will never happen if its one thing bond stands for its class and style

and not some snotynose brat with a hoody

• Bottled_in_BondBottled_in_Bond Posts: 19MI6 Agent

Agreed. The only thing worse would be Bond in board shorts.

• MailfistMailfist Posts: 236MI6 Agent

When I saw this I was thinking to compliment the hoodie ripped jeans, infeasibly large trainers and some bling. A Bond for the 21st century😀

As the Bond of late seems to have surrendered the fights to Bourne and the stunts to Mission Impossible the one area where 007 still stands out is style and sophistication.

If we need a spy in designer casuals we have Ethan Hunt and if we need a spy in non descript blend in style we have Jason Bourne.

• CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    edited October 2022

Nah, even newer generations' push to "youngify" everything in the effort to make the the world more relatable to them has its boundaries. As mentioned, it's hard to place Bond in his 20's if he joined SIS following (or even concurrent to) his tenure as a seasoned Royal Navy officer. It's just the reality of that career track. Besides, a well-trained and well-traveled Bond shouldn't be devoid of social skills while hiding behind a hoodie, EarPods and a man purse on an electric scooter from mission to mission. 😋

I edit, therefore I am.