Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

Thanks, Barbel!

I have lost a bit interest as the new forum software is a pain to find new posts and quotation is just nuts!

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

If you expect me going ballistic and search all over the forum for it - nice try - but try harder 😁😁

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,208Chief of Staff
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,764MI6 Agent
    edited June 2021

I just worry about your mental and physical health, Higgins . I have been since I saw your sneakers and your posts about Dalton "crying". 😁

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,929MI6 Agent

welcome back Higgins!

Higgins said:

the new forum software is a pain to find new posts and quotation is just nuts!

is the reason its been so quiet lately because the new forum software is difficult to use?

our competition at "the other place" uses the same software, and is even less user friendly. At least here we have a more complex Search tool and the latest page number (and date) appears for each thread whether we're logged in or not. and the dark palette is easier on the eyes

Just checking in to see if Barbel is sober again after the glorious tie from yesterday

*I know that he‘s zero interested in football

Today my sixteen year old nephew went on a short hike and a "dådyr" (European fallow deer, according to Google) calf came out of the forrest and followed him for about 100 meters. The animal wasn't just the size of a cat, it behaved like one too. It even snuggled up to his feet. 😊

I'm only vaguely aware that there's some sort of football thing going on! It hasn't affected my alcohol intake in any way at all.

edited June 2021

Don't worry, Barbel. We know your consumption is as high as ever, not letting that boring football affect it att all. 😉

Yes, thanks N24! You're quite right. I'm just waiting for M to send me to Shrublands.

🤣

edited June 2021

TV is so boring now while this sports competition is going on 😒

edited June 2021

👍👍👍👍

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,669MI6 Agent

He's looking out for the camera. Lesson learned there. 😉

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Where those pics from a surveillance camera?

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,669MI6 Agent
    edited July 2021

Yes, apparently it came from the leaked footage of a CCTV camera, presumably one in the room itself. The footage was then uploaded on YouTube by the British tabloid The Sun and made their front page headline the other day.

As you may have heard, Matt Hancock resigned earlier today as his position as Health Secretary had become untenable. He was replaced by former Chancellor of the Exchequer, Sajid Javid.

Earlier tonight when I visited Sajid Javid's page on Wikipedia I saw that someone had had a bit of fun with the editing feature on the site just before it was changed back again:

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

That's very good! 😁😁😁

The next second I looked it was gone again. Managed to get a screenshot of it before it disappeared! 😀

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,148MI6 Agent

England 2-0 Germany.

Well done England! And well worth staying up into the early hours to watch it 🍻

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

I wish the best for members who are in places experiencing a dangerous heatwave. (there is a heatwave here too, but the temperature will stay under 30 degree celsius). Stay safe! I also urge everyone to update themselves on what the science says about climate change. 🤒

I want to reccomend the youtuber known as Lindybeige. He's a very British man who posts short videos on a number of subjects with an abundance of charm and enthusiasm. He's so enthusiastic some mistakes are bound to happen, but instead of reading from a script he corrects himself via texts in the videos. His short videos often has interesting and (for me) new perspective on different aspects of whatever he's talking about. Much of it is about warfare in ancient times up to WWII and sometimes the current age, but there are other topics such as travel in the middle ages. Because the videos usually are short and Lindybeige is funny and interesting I believe people who aren't normally interested in history will like his videos.

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent

I don't know anything about computer games and I don't know where to put this so place it here in the hope that it might be of interest to games players.

Apparently some fans have made a new James Bond computer game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV3LFzBbkqY

Happy constitution day to all US citizens! 🇺🇲

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,148MI6 Agent

It looks like I’m the only English football fan on AJB, but I don’t care 😁 well done lads, into the final on Sunday against Italy. My sleeping patterns have all gone haywire because of e time difference but it’s worth it!!!

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent

Yeah, in days of old we'd have a football thread going but it's all fallen asleep here. Getting football withdrawal symptoms when it's not on.

Seriously, the chances England missed tonight... why can't they get more white shirts into the box? Who are they going to cross to?

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

I thought it was a nail-biting match - plenty of skill shown on both sides and a brilliant result for England. I wonder if DC was in the crowd?

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

On the subject of the Danes, has anyone clocked the actor Claes Bang? I first saw him a while back playing Dracula, then at the weekend saw him in The Burnt Orange Heresy.

At 53 he's too old to play 007, but he's a good actor and looks uncannily like a cross between Pierce Brosnan and George Lazenby:

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."