Mission:Impossible Dead Reckoning Part I -thread (shooting, wardrobe, etc.)

Comments

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Fred007 wrote:
    The Matchless Spectre jacket was made in black nappa leather.....

Agree it does look like it and this version i have seen on sale quite often at half price.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Looks nicer then Bonds one

Least its safe to wear :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    The jacket according to Matchless is a unreleased one.

Must be a tweaked Craig so guess a Tom Blouson will be launched near film release
    Yup. They just told me will be launched with movie release
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    It is a Matchless? Wow, good work!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    I was looking at the Daily Mail pics to try and glean more details on the leather jacket.

Any differences from the Craig Blouson are subtle. The MI7 may be a little shorter

In any case the retail version will no doubt have that ridiculous badge on the sleeve.

Can anyone identify the black jeans worn with the Matchless? They look to be a slim straight cut as compared to the AG jeans from Fallout which were much skinnier below the knee.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Judging by the clothing, that’s most likely a stand-in, but that‘s not Ving Rhames.

CBE6-F977-A679-4-AD1-BA97-B123-A7-EBFC09.jpg
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    I was looking at the Daily Mail pics to try and glean more details on the leather jacket.

Any differences from the Craig Blouson are subtle. The MI7 may be a little shorter

In any case the retail version will no doubt have that ridiculous badge on the sleeve.

Can anyone identify the black jeans worn with the Matchless? They look to be a slim straight cut as compared to the AG jeans from Fallout which were much skinnier below the knee.

What’s wrong with the badge? Looks discreet to me and barely noticeable and plenty of high end brands have a badge on the sleeve such as Belstaff. I think the Craig blouson is an incredible jacket and don’t see this version as nicer at all IMO.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    edited November 2020
    I really like the jacket and would buy it if it wasn’t for that badge. It ruins it completely. Same with Belstaff. I have a few of their jackets, but the branding on their products is a right turn off now. It’s the ‘look at me’ statement they represent. I like subtlety and the style of clothes to speak for themselves not the overt branding. It’s lacks taste and finesse, which is what Belstaff used to have.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    I have to agree with Asp9mm on this. That badge just ruins the jacket. The appeal of the Craig Blouson is the lines of the split seams. It's ruined, imo, by the metal badge on the sleeve. It looks like a beetle or giant tick is attached to the sleeve.

I own the John Varvatos Split Seam Jacket which was copied for the Spectre Morocco jacket. The only external branding is on the zipper pull. Same with my Dunhill Layer Cake jacket and Tom Ford Harrington. Let the styling of the jacket speak for itself.

I also worry what other changes Matchless may make on the retail version of the MI jacket. The owners of Matchless have a history dating back to their ownership of Belstaff of making blatant changes to screen jackets but not disclosing the changes in their marketing.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    I have to agree with Asp9mm on this. That badge just ruins the jacket. The appeal of the Craig Blouson is the lines of the split seams. It's ruined, imo, by the metal badge on the sleeve. It looks like a beetle or giant tick is attached to the sleeve.

I own the John Varvatos Split Seam Jacket which was copied for the Spectre Morocco jacket. The only external branding is on the zipper pull. Same with my Dunhill Layer Cake jacket and Tom Ford Harrington. Let the styling of the jacket speak for itself.

I also worry what other changes Matchless may make on the retail version of the MI jacket. The owners of Matchless have a history dating back to their ownership of Belstaff of making blatant changes to screen jackets but not disclosing the changes in their marketing.

I wonder if Matchless would be willing to do a one off run of the Craig blouson without the metal badge say 25 to 50 jackets?
    I know where you keep your gun!
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I really like the jacket and would buy it if it wasn’t for that badge. It ruins it completely. Same with Belstaff. I have a few of their jackets, but the branding on their products is a right turn off now. It’s the ‘look at me’ statement they represent. I like subtlety and the style of clothes to speak for themselves not the overt branding. It’s lacks taste and finesse, which is what Belstaff used to have.

I've got Belstaff jackets in my cupboard from 10+ yrs ago and they all have Belstaff branding on the sleeve! It used to be a metal badge and then they swapped out for a cheaper material badge instead. Each to their own and i can see how some people would prefer not labelling ( i would be happy with either version) but people who buy a high end jacket often want something to signify that it is not a run of the mill jacket. Look at Barbour with their name plastered all over their jackets...to me that looks awful. On the darker suede craig blouson black or navy you can hardly see it, but yes its more obvious on the beige.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I like subtlety and the style of clothes to speak for themselves not the overt branding.

I have that issue with polos. It's so hard to find a nice polo without a ridiculous contrast colour logo on the breast. Subtlety is rare in modern fashion. Sunspel is great in that regard, but unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of the fit.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Yes, I have the same problem with Barbour international. But you can pick those labels off quite easily using a stitch pick.

Polos, yep, same here. Lacoste make great polos, but that contrasting alligator looks terrible. Good news is, you can pick those off very easily too. I know a few people on here that do just that.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Yes, I have the same problem with Barbour international. But you can pick those labels off quite easily using a stitch pick.

Polos, yep, same here. Lacoste make great polos, but that contrasting alligator looks terrible. Good news is, you can pick those off very easily too. I know a few people on here that do just that.

Lacoste is now releasing some polos with the crocodile same color as the polo....or sweatshirt or shirt......very classy !!!
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    I'd buy one.
    MikeG77 wrote:

I wonder if Matchless would be willing to do a one off run of the Craig blouson without the metal badge say 25 to 50 jackets?
    News from the M:I-7 front...

Everybody surely still remembers when Tom Cruise made headlines in December for verbally destroying some crew members for not sticking to Covid-regulations. Believe there were two guys standing too close to each other at a camera screen or sth...

Well, apparently the new movie is being shot again partially in Dubai, which is like the world’s new hotspot for Covid according to various news reports.
    Following are some recent (from this weekend) pics of Tom meeting with some local ???

You decide if that’s appropriate.

Talk about hypocrisy... :)) :)) :))

8679422-B-E901-4-C39-B11-A-84-A4-A2-BF5491.jpg

D3308-B79-6221-4272-8544-20-B317764926.jpg

5-AA91-D2-E-B541-4-C0-C-9-B43-A072-C2-F71-C33.jpg

• cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent

Everybody surely still remembers when Tom Cruise made headlines in December for verbally destroying some crew members for not sticking to Covid-regulations. Believe there were two guys standing too close to each other at a camera screen or sth...

Well, apparently the new movie is being shot again partially in Dubai, which is like the world’s new hotspot for Covid according to various news reports.
    Following are some recent (from this weekend) pics of Tom meeting with some local ???

I don't understand why people are making fun of TC trying to do the right thing and abolishing those who are screwing up, potentially shutting down the entire production that he had personally fronted via his reputation and finance so as to be able to go ahead, providing jobs for thousands of crew members, and supporting the entire industry when nearly all productions has been forced to shut down. So he raised his voice and used profanity! Was he not talking to adults and professionals? Is hurt feelings and ego more important then potentially dying from a deadly disease, and possibly spreading it to those outside of the productions and creating another hot spot? It boggles my mind that there are people who cannot rationalise what he was doing because of their personal opinion towards him.

Oh and on the same trip:

145636534-795782031283775-7977661424692343309-n.jpg

145925031-742222426689520-5013224137860461459-n.jpg

146105625-887123545383896-2837658843749625484-n.jpg
    cmdr_bong wrote:

I don't understand why people are making fun of TC trying to do the right thing and abolishing those who are screwing up, potentially shutting down the entire production that he had personally fronted via his reputation and finance so as to be able to go ahead, providing jobs for thousands of crew members, and supporting the entire industry when nearly all productions has been forced to shut down. So he raised his voice and used profanity! Was he not talking to adults and professionals? Is hurt feelings and ego more important then potentially dying from a deadly disease, and possibly spreading it to those outside of the productions and creating another hot spot? It boggles my mind that there are people who cannot rationalise what he was doing because of their personal opinion towards him.

Oh and on the same trip:

145636534-795782031283775-7977661424692343309-n.jpg

145925031-742222426689520-5013224137860461459-n.jpg

146105625-887123545383896-2837658843749625484-n.jpg

My man, you totally misunderstood my post...

I wasn’t ridiculing TC‘s actions from November at all. I was pointing out that he apparently didn’t take Covid-regulations too seriously now (lack of mask and distance) whilst chewing the heads off of aforementioned crew members. It’s ironic, noting more...

I follow the production fairly close and know about everything he‘s done. He‘s also one of my favourite actors...

So again, not „complaining“ about his rant from December, just pointing out the current irony.

• frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    The "local" TC is meeting with in those maskless photos is the head (and executive staff) of DMI. Those folks have a considerably shorter vaccine line to wait in than the rest of us. I'm willing to bet all the money in my pocket that everyone in those photos got the vaccine back in December. But I agree. He should probably be wearing his mask regardless.

Christopher McQuarrie posted this to Instagram, giving us another look at the costumes.

Will they ever finish shooting this movie? :D

• bondfan10bondfan10 Posts: 79MI6 Agent

It seems Tom Cruise is a big fan of AG jeans no? Think it's safe to say they are AG in this pic.

There also seems to be a cast member I didn’t see announced in this pic, seems to be Greg Tarzan Davies.

Here are a few more looks at the Craig Blouson Tom wears in Venice. Matchless may claim its a new jacket, but to my eyes it's a Craig Blouson (aka a copy the John Varvatos Split Seam jacket).

In these pictures the jacket looks black. However, @sunny01 was in a Matchless store where the manager said the jacket was a green Craig Blouson. If it is green it is an incredibly dark green.

Here we have a good look at the sleeve seams, no matchless badge in sight. So of course the retail version won't be SA. The details of the inside collar match the Craig Blouson nappa leather versions.

Here you can see the back seam.

Could it be dark green or is it a trick of the light?

Yeah I think in the last couple it is looking green.

If you watch Fallout Simon Pegg wears a green leather jacket which actually changes colour when he puts the baddie mask on! :D

@Westward_Drift Hi I have just had a response from Matchless on the jacket:

Yes it's the craig blouson in green nappa leather.

based on the response and a quick search on google I think this could be the one:

https://gotlands.de/en/matchless-craig-men-s-leatherblouson-green.html

Quite possible. The stitching isn't apparent in the location photos, but the screen used jacket(s) are different from the retail product. The color looks spot on with some of the BTS pics.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

That green Matchless is a gorgeous looking jacket.

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

Hi all! Reviving a dormant thread. I normally don't post links to my site outside of the Budget Bond Collectors Resource thread, but I Just wanted to let folks know that I did a post on alternatives for previous Ethan Hunt jackets today. You can see it here:

I gave a shout out to the fine folks here on AJB for providing so many of the details on the various jackets. Most of the credit for the research goes to those members.

Cheers!

John