Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent

Yes, good luck!

What I'm doing tonight ...

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,134MI6 Agent

I thought that was Royal Beluga, north of the Caspian, at first glance, N24 😂

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Best of luck, Joshua, let us know how the interview went.

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent

Thank you for your kind wishes. I have had a couple of other interviews but I have had no success. As Thunderpussy pointed out here, I can apply for jobs without my employer knowing (until I get one).

Healthy breakfast 😁

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,191Chief of Staff
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

@Barbel -- I have never plucked an onion in my life.

Vox clamantis in deserto

Sounds like something the French spend time doing, don't you think?

edited August 2021

**** is naturally a synonym for ...... manure. 😏

HB- one line lower, the one re Texas.

Thank you. I didn't get the job. I will continue to search and try until I find something I can be successful at. At least the longer I stay in my current post as a supervisor, I am slowly building up the experience that employers are looking for.

I watched Goldfinger on Sunday (my wife was at work, that is why I was able to! She does not like Bond films at all!) I have a question. Was Sean Connery the man in the gun barrel scene? To me it didn't look like him, he appeared different in stature?

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,267MI6 Agent

No, it was stuntman Bob Simmons for the first three. Connery only first appeared in Thunderball in the gun barrel probably because it was widescreen and had to be redone, and it's not great, he wobbles slightly at the end.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

I took this picture yesterday, fancy playing Flowers In The Rain on it, Barbel? 😂

Better luck next time, Joshua, your perseverance will pay in the end.

CHB- Wow, that's impressive!

N24- it ties in with a separate conversation we were having elsewhere.

Night and day on Mactan Island.

Night and day in Scotland:

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

😂😂😂

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    edited August 2021

The horrors of having a large garden with a good harvest. Most of the apples and berries will be eaten by birds an worms ... 😩

Beautiful photos CHB!

Barbels photo reminds me of how the weather usually is here.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,929MI6 Agent

@CoolHandBond and @Number24

Both you characters have magnificent views of overlooking salt water right out your front door! I am very jealous!

That Norwegian fjord reminds me of the coastline of Canada's West Coast where I spent many happy years, though I assume the temperature range and length of daylight is rather different.

edited August 2021

I've heard parts of Canada's west coast is together with New Zealand are among the few placed that looks like here.

I don't know the temperature ranges and daylight hours om Canada's west coast, so I don't know. You don't have the Gulf Stream and if there aren't any comparable warm major sea streams running along the coast I assume it's much colder on the same latitudes.

I just looked it up. The far south of Norway is about as far north as the furthest north of Canada's west coast. Most of Norway is about as far north as Alaska. Thanks God for the Gulf Stream!

All joking aside, beautiful pics, guys, much appreciated.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,929MI6 Agent

it may not be the same Gulf Stream, but the major ocean current in the Pacific functions the same way, I think: a big counterclockwise circle from the equator towards the arctic, so that warm equatorial waters are being pushed north along the west coast of North America .

Around Vancouver, Victoria, and Seattle, temperatures in winter rarely get as low as zero, and in summer rarely more than 25. Very civilized. Whereas on our Atlantic coast I gather they get winters much worse, because that big circular Atlantic current is pushing cold water south. My friends in Newfoundland said they saw icebergs drifting by in July, whereas in Victoria I would see roses blossoming in January.

Places like Kristiansand, a big town in the far south, has temperatures much like Vancouver. Innland temperatures, particularely in the north, can get as low as minus 30, 40 and in extreme cases as low as minus 50.