The bringing back of the DB5 and it's continues use

I get that it was brought back in Skyfall because of the 50th anniversary but to see Craig driving it in the trailer for NTTD is possibly taking the joke too far.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

It's being used as part of the Bond image. He's had to stop smoking, cut down on drinking, be more respectful to women, etc, etc, so they're clinging on to it and using it as long as they can.

• John from CorkJohn from Cork Posts: 111MI6 Agent
    edited August 2021

A little bit off topic but It's interesting how much cinema has changed that the latest Bond movie will still be yapping on about Vesper and stuff that happened 15 years ago. Back in the Brosnan era is was considered a bad Idea to be going on about stuff from the previous movie, let alone 15 years ago. Can you imagine if in Die another day, the events of Licence to kill were still having an impact on bond 😆

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

I can think of one way they did- no Felix! 😀

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

I've got no problem with it (if it were the Bentley I'm sure lots of fans would demand it stays) but I imagine it'll probably get rested for the next Bond.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I love having the DB5 continue. It's a gorgeous car and iconic for the films. As wise old Barbel so sagely sings, it's also one of the few non-character continuities as well. Having destroyed it and rebuilt it from nothing after Skyfall, it will be interesting to see if it gets repaired after the apparent carnage of Matera ready for the next outing.

I want Bond's connection with Aston Martin in general to continue, but if it was ever switched to Bentley I would very happily accept that modification!

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

Only 8 years until the internal combustion engine is banned from sale in the UK, so enjoy it whilst you can for it is going the way of the Morland!

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

The DB5 is synonymous with Bond, along with his Black Tie and the 007 logo. It will never roam far from him, I'm sure.

Depending on the direction of the films post DC's (or EONs) tenure, we may see Bond driving another brand other than Aston Martin. Zhejiang Geely might chuck a lot of money at the franchise to have him driving the new Lotus Esprit for example. But as I say, I don't think the DB5 will ever be too far away.

"Any of the opposition around..?"