Jennifer Lopez as Bond Girl / Singer?

tsholdtshold TorontoPosts: 212MI6 Agent

Ok, hear me out on this one. Jennifer Lopez pulls a Madonna and sings the next theme song and has a minor role in the next Bond film?!

If they go with a younger Bond, the 52 year old JLO could have some serious Cougar vibes with the new 007 in a steamy scene that would completely change the typical dynamic we see in a Bond film. If there is anyone able to pull this off it's her! Thoughts?

Shop the latest thing from the SIS Training Collection!
https://sistraininggear.com

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

When I look back at Bond-dom, I believe the biggest mistakes included: the use of BMWs instead of Astons; Sean Connery's toupees; and Madonna's acting. I strongly suspect that JLo would join that esteemed company. 😉

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

not sure I've ever seen j-Lo act, but...

if Bond26 ends up being another origin story, and they choose to adapt Horowitz's Forever and a Day, there will be an opening for an actress with a serious Cougar vibe as you say.

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,178MI6 Agent

Let's not be mean about the ever gorgeous J-Lo. Brilliant actor in Out of Sight and Maid in Manhattan, the last with our own Ralph Fiennes. Lovely to look at from any angle and not a bad singer either. Can dance a bit.

• Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent

I'm surprised J-Lo has never been considered for a Bond Girl.....

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent

The gamble is: Will we get the J-Lo of "Out of sight" and "Hustlers", or the one we saw in ...... Gigli? 😱 😱 😱

• Trigger_MortisTrigger_Mortis Posts: 100MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

We're long overdue for a female villain.

I see a lot of Elektra King in Jennifer; casting her as Bond girl is too obvious. I say have some fun with the creativity you could bring to her talent as an actress, particularly since the ball was dropped so heavily when writing material to capitalise on the talents of Waltz and Malek.