"Being James Bond" in Europe

OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 583MI6 Agent

Ok, so this is not about living the Bond lifestyle in Europe (although that's an important topic !) but about the documentary on Apple TV. I normally avoid Apple as best I can, but just tried in vain to find it anywhere, i.e. first in a web browser, then in iTunes (on PC) as well as the Apple TV app on my Smart TV, both downloaded specifically for this purpose - to no avail. Does anybody have information if and when it will be available in different countries? Instagram tells me people have already seen it, and I even saw articles about it in German, but no luck trying to find the actual thing... 🤔

"I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
"- That is something to be afraid of."

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,693MI6 Agent

Yes I watched it today; it’s very enjoyable. I have no info about other countries I’m afraid.

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,090MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

It's on Apple+ in the United States, which is a paid streaming service separate from Apple TV here.

It's not one of the five streaming services my family already has, so I will be waiting until it's available for rental or purchase from another service.

• dennitodennito Posts: 11MI6 Agent

I'm in Ireland and I also cannot get it to play, it says "Content Unavailable" on my iphone app and "Coming Today" on the TV app

• OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 583MI6 Agent

Thanks, that is somewhat helpful. I read that it is technically on Apple+ but that it is / will be available without membership, for promotional reasons.

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters

I was hoping to watch this documentary, but so far it seems that I can't view it in South Africa which is frustrating.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

Is out in the UK, watched this morning - fwiw I am an Apple+ subscriber.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,693MI6 Agent

Yes as far as I can tell you just need iTunes to watch it; it’s a free rental. I have an Apple TV subscription, but to honest I’m not sure if that’s the right name for it as Apple always seem to use the same names for several different products/services. I can watch Ted Lasso basically! :D

• dennitodennito Posts: 11MI6 Agent

It looks like a region/licensing issue in Ireland at least. I tried subscribing to Apple+ and that didn't work.

Then I remembered I have a UK Apple account that I set up many years ago. I signed in with that account and now I can watch it using a UK account in Ireland 😀

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

Def worth watching. Some good behind scenes stuff and a more light hearted DC.

Interestingly covers why both QoS and Spectre had their issues.

Some real emotional BTS stuff too

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • kristopherm3kristopherm3 Posts: 156MI6 Agent

Definitely, it's a very humanising watch.

• OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 583MI6 Agent

I was finally able to watch it yesterday, so it seems there was just some delay with the release. Great watch! 🙂

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters

I had to resort to some nefarious means to get my eyes on the new documentary, but nonetheless I thoroughly enjoyed it...an emotionally captivating retrospective of the last 15 years of Bond. I remember very well the day that Craig was announced...it was in the early days of my membership on AJB...and to still be here at the end of this era feels like a significant milestone. There was a lot of negativity here back in 2005. To be honest Daniel Craig was totally unfamiliar to me in those days, but I've really enjoyed the journey of following his tenure on AJB. Hopefully NTTD turns out to be the appropriate last hurrah!

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

It was… fine, I guess. I liked the general overview of Craig’s tenure and the bits and pieces of behind the scenes information, but it lacked depth to me, and was more of a PR piece than I would have liked it to be.

That being said, it was a good hors d’oeuvre for whetting one’s appetite before we can finally watch NTTD. Definitely worth your 45 minutes.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."