Danner NTTD

I'm assuming I am very late to this, what with all the super sleuths on the forum :) but just in case not...Danner have announced pre-order for the boots they suppLied for NTTD

Cheers and good health to you all.

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

I believe the Tanicus is the closest model. It costs US$150-170. I wonder what the limited edition 007 surcharge will be.

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Hi any idea on sizing I’m 11 in Crockett and Jones and RM Williams. 13 in Asics and 14 Nike thanks

Anthony
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I think I had better go and speak with my bank manager.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

I love Danner's footwear, but I'm not sure how I'd wear a pair of black duty boots IRL.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I will have the same consideration when they're released. However, we get some very nasty winters where I live and I usually spend a month or two ankle-or-more deep in snow, slush, and nasty puddles. In such conditions, no one would likely give me a second look if I wore something like this!

• crazycanuckcrazycanuck Posts: 15MI6 Agent

Are these just a re-coloured Danner Tanicus? I've been eyeing the Danner Tanicus for my jungle boots for quite some time. Much prefer the black suade over coyote brown

• crazycanuckcrazycanuck Posts: 15MI6 Agent

Danner has a sizing guide on their website. Click on "Do you need size advice?" and it'll ask you a series of questions.

Running shoes (Nike), I'm size 8.5. With my issued socks, I'm a size 8.5 in Lowas, Rockys, and Danner boots. With just athletic socks, I'd probably be a size 8

According to a post on DZ's Danner boot review the boots will retail for $180. If true, that's a reasonable mark up from the $160 retail of their regular Tanicus boots.

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent

the sizing chart isn't very helpful, i tried 3 shoe brands and the sizing chart suggested a different size each time

I wear a UK11 in C&J, Clarks, Loakes and a UK12 Church's and Drakes, if someone can recommend which size I should chose from Danner that would be really helpful, thank you in advance

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

I take the same size in my cnj and Danners

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

I have the Danner boots here, in size 12D US / 11.5 UK. (Confusingly it says 46 EU on box and 47 EU in boot, but that aside, I'll focus on US/UK size).

For C&J I wear 10 UK, while I have a 10.5 UK for the Drake's. I could/should have probably taken a 11.5 US for the Danner, but 12US / 11.5UK fits well and does give space for thicker socks. My toe definitely doesn't hit the front at all, some space left there. The heel does fit quite snug, I hope that loosens up a bit.

As requested by a reader of my site I took a photo of the insole. Not the best picture but the length reads 30,5 cm.

BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!

much appreciated that helped a lot ty

Would also share some measurements of your N.Peal Combat Pants too? the provided sizing Chart seems to the off

edited September 2021

sry doublepost, sometimes my posts get deletet...

• JTBondJTBond Posts: 112MI6 Agent

Same here. I have a narrow foot. I wear a size 10 in sneakers but I have a pair of Thursday Boots that I had to size down to a 9 for. I'm still not sure what I'll try. My biggest fear is buying a pair, them not fitting, and then the size I need being out of stock.

edited September 2021

@Noi Regarding the N.Peal: as mentioned on my website they are way too short for me. I'm 6"4' (193cm) tall, long legs. According to a revised statement from N.Peal all the trousers are 32" (instead of the 30" mentioned on their website yesterday) and they claim it should fit people normally wearing 32"-34". Measuring my pants here, I think they're more in between 30" and 32", it's definitely on the shorter end of 32". I need 35" to 36" normally, and these are too short for me, I need 4" extra length on these, but because of the complicated bottom of the legs (buttons, studs, zipper) there's no way you can make these longer. So I can't wear them, not even close. The waist is perfect for me though. I have a Medium.

Added Note: these trousers do have a low waist so should be worn on hips and since the legs are tapered the length doesn't need to be as long as regular pants.

BOND LIFESTYLE

edited September 2021

thanks for the reply, they are probably a pass for me. I looked forward to them, maybe I give them a try with zero hopes that they will fit... wonder whats the idea behind that 30 inseam. like if they wanted that this pants should be worn with the danners only

Thank you Remmert. I am 6'5" (195cm) with very long legs. These trousers are a definite pass for me.

Based on waist measurements I would take a medium, but the legs would be 3-5 inches short.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

When N.Peal says the combat trousers were "specially designed for Daniel Craig" (5'10"?), they aren't kidding!

I must add that this is only an issue for very tall people, I'm definitely not an average height/build. I'm sure it's fine for most people. And let's not lose sight of the fact that the trousers itself are very interesting and a unique release: basically a chance to get a replica of a movie costume, instead of a movie costume being an off the rack product. Lots of cool pockets, zippers, buttons, an I actually like that the legs are tapered. Just wish it would fit me!

BOND LIFESTYLE

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

I see the largest size being offered on the 007 store is 11.5UK.

I can only assume Blofeld is behind this conspiracy against people with proper sized feet.

More seriously if Remmert is leaping from a Crockett UK10 to an ideal UK11.5 it would have been nice to see sizes going larger, particularly from an American company.

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

I've ordered 8.5 (usual Danner size) and 8 and 9.... So we will see

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    edited September 2021

Note that I said size 11.5 US (as in United States), that would be a 10.5 UK I think.

BOND LIFESTYLE

edited September 2021

so you did. that's not so bad. I'm still sad they stop at UK 11.5. One of the joys of the US is they recognise the Bigfoot community and usually much easier to get 12+

just to clarify you're saying in an ideal world your Danner fit would match your Drakes?

So you did, that's not so bad. I'm still sad there are no bigger sizes from a US company. One of the joys of the US is they recognise the Bigfoot community and it's usually very easy to get UK 12+.

Just to clarify you're saying in an ideal world your Danner fit would match your Drakes?

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

All a bit confusing as my SPECTRE Danner Mountain Lights were US 12 (as I was thinking they would be a UK 11) but the label says they are a 11.5 UK hence they were too big for me

Instagram - bondclothes007

Note already sold out on 007.com

I see they sold out, on the UK 007 store at least, long before the store emailed anyone - even searched junk mail. Or Danner come to that - who have yet to update their website from the sign up form.

I know, having worked in it, that it’s all marketing balls - and this campaign has been difficult for brands - but all this “sign up to be the first to know” nonsense does start to grate when you see people miss out.

the 007 store currently has a habit of emailing at around 5pm uk time at the moment and this would be the fourth or fifth product that sold out hours before.

there are so many little things that make such a difference to campaigns, like actually emailing people when you launch something.

Agree - from my experience the emails always land hours after the product has been sitting on the website!!!

Hi Remmert can you confirm the label on your new Danner says that.

Only reason I ask is that my SPECTRE Mountain Lights were size 12US / 11.5UK (only half a size difference)

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

So they were never going up on the Danner site? 😂