Home Media Release Date?

DavidJonesDavidJones BermondseyPosts: 258MI6 Agent

When do you think it will be released on DVD/streaming?

I feel like releases these days are three or four months after the cinema release.

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

I'll be happy when it gets a cinema release. But these days the DVD and streaming releases come sooner and sooner. It may be available two months or so after it's released on the big screen!

Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

Given it's still scheduled for cinema releases in some territories well over a month after the UK I guess they'd have to weigh those territories import vs streaming, piracy etc.

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,742MI6 Agent

That would definitely be something to take into consideration. In the overall scheme of things, with cinema attendance down, once NTTD has had its run in cinemas, I would think that availability on home streaming and Blu Ray might come a bit sooner than previously for a Bond film. The other question that remains is who EON partners with for the Blu Ray release as their contract for home physical media release with 20th Century Fox has expired. Who EON and MGM/Amazon partners with for home physical media release has bigger ramifications beyond NTTD when it comes to the highly anticipated release of all the pre-Craig Bond films remastered in 4K HDR on 4K Blu Ray.

• DavidJonesDavidJones BermondseyPosts: 258MI6 Agent
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,123MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

Would love for the DVD release to be in-time for Christmas, but think January is much more likely.

Having said that, how many copies would they sell as Christmas presents?! Especially as quite a number of people that would usually go to the cinema to watch upon its release, won't this time around. It would be in quite a few stockings I imagine.

"Any of the opposition around..?"