Should John Glen have been asked back in the Brosnan era?

I think he should have been asked to do the world is not enough

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

Could you elaborate? What would he have brought to the film that Michael Apted didn't?

Vox clamantis in deserto
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

I can sort of see the logic. Its the John Glenn-iest story of the four Brosnans, with the complicated plot, the focus on character, and more realistic political context.

The other three Brosnans were more influenced by the scifi spectacles: Thunderball, Diamonds..., and the three Gilbert films.

And Apted arguably didn't pull it off, somebody else might have got the balance better.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent

TWINE is my fave Brosnan film. But Glen was old hat by then. I'm not sure he'd kept up with things either. Also, by then the films depended on having a new name on board to drive interest.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • WadsyWadsy Auckland, New ZealandPosts: 410MI6 Agent

John Glen is my favourite of the bond directors because I at least liked all of his movies. FYEO, and the two Timothy Dalton films are masterpieces in my opinion.

However, he had already directed the most bond films with five so no I don't think he should have come back. Even for a possible third Timothy Dalton film, the directors seat should have been handed over to someone else.

1. FYEO 2. OHMSS 3. LTK 4. FRWL 5. TLD 6. TSWLM 7. GF 8. AVTAK 9. MR 10. DN 11. SF 12. LALD 13. TB 14. OP 15. CR 16. GE 17. YOLT 18. TMWTGG 19. SP 20. TND 21. TWINE 22. QOS 23. NTTD 24. DAF 25. DAD 26. NSNA 27. CR '67

1. Dalton 2. Moore 3. Connery 4. Craig 5. Lazenby 6. Brosnan