Bond 25 SPOILER news

Comments

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

New UK Box office opening trailer has more new dialogue and scenes in it.

• LicencetochatLicencetochat Posts: 70MI6 Agent

Wow is this true? So if youre not seeing the film at an imax theatre there will be less footage? (Movie will be shorter)

If so, im curious what i will miss from the film going to a regular theatre?

At least i hope the footage will be released on the extra material when the bluray arrives?

Or will the imax footage still be on all cinemas but will miss the imax quality?

Anyone have a theory? 🤗

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9992681/No-Time-Die-EXCLUSIVE-James-Bond-fans-watching-IMAX-treated-expanded-footage.html?ico=amp-comments-viewall#article-9992681

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

From what I can understand, the 'extended' footage only refers to the extended ratio of an Imax screen, not the movie itself.

So think we're gonna see the same exact movie

• SeanIsTheOnlyOneSeanIsTheOnlyOne Posts: 402MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

Did some of you guys have the opportunity to listen to the full soundtrack ? If so, what are your feelings about it ?

From what I've heard from some lucky people who listened to it, the track "Cuba chase" is quite good and memorable.

Now we only have to see him in the actual uniform in NTTD

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Alright Mattia, the challenge is on: who made that uniform! 😁

I suppose those kind tailor of the Royal Navy. Knowing the type is probably bespoke😂

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

I'm really disappointed he's not wearing a woolly pully.

@The Domino Effect FYEO, it's called PCS Royal Navy combat uniform. But you'll certainly know these things

I wonder if Gieves and Hawkes do bespoke RNPCS!

Would be the best. British military tradition

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

Having a bit of trouble navigating around the AJB. Where can I go to talk about the new Greg Williams Photography x 007 prints??. Wowsers. Some iconic(!) photos therein.

...a brother from Sydney
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

Two new tracks from the sound track are available now. I'm not at all the most musical person but does the 'Materia' track have OHMSS cords in it?

edited September 2021

Yes, from 0:35 to 1:01 you can hear the instrumental version of "We have all the time in the world" from OHMSS.

Does it mean Madeleine will know the same fate as Tracy? Not necessarily. I only hope one thing, it's Bond will survive indeed. I just can't imagine my childhood being destroyed by such a devastating rumor becoming an actual ending. But I have no trust in EON, so I have to admit I'm not confident at all about that.

Furthermore, there would be some kind of contradiction with putting the gunbarrel at the beginning of the movie to finally having Bond killed off. This sequence is a metaphore: it has precisely been created by Binder to show the audience that this classy man walking through, suddenly turning round and then shooting to the screen is better than anyone else. The message is clear: "If it can remain only one, it will be him for sure...". Let's hope 😔

Don't even think that LOL and surely MGM would not be happy as it's one of their big revenue earners. What we want is .. James Bond will return.....

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

I suspect the memorabilia and collecting section would be best. but defer to others. The prints are amazing. So glad Greg has finally been allowed to sell his collection.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

I thought it was quite interesting to see Ms Lynch on Graham Norton not really answering the question about what her double-O number is: some members here accused her of mentioning it every time she was interviewed, which very much seemed to be not the case! :)

• Christmas TounesChristmas Tounes GloucestershirePosts: 164MI6 Agent
    edited September 2021

SPOILER ALERT

It has been revealed that the LAST track by Zimmer is extremely tragic, emotional, sad and prolonged.

Does Bond really die?

Really can't see how that is going to be a good thing for the movie or for the future of the 007 series. It will automatically become the worst Bond movie ever.

I predict the ending will be another throwback to You Only Live Twice with Bond being buried at sea, the last shot being the coffin hitting the seabed.

1. Goldeneye 2. OHMSS 3. Goldfinger 4. TND 5. Octopussy 6. FYEO
    7. LALD 8. TWINE 9. Skyfall 10. AVTAK 11. CR 12. TLD 13. YOLT
    14. TMWTGG 15. Moonraker 16. TSWLM 17. Thunderball 18. FRWL
    19. Dr. No 20. DAF 21. LTK 22. DAD 23. QoS 24. Spectre 25. NTTD
  • JohnBarryJohnBarry Posts: 11MI6 Agent

My concern with Bond potentially dying is that it seems like a gimmick. They would do it just to do something new and different and to add even more emotion to Craig's era rather than understanding what fans actually want.

Wasn't it reported that one of the main reasons for the falling out between Danny Boyle and his team and Eon was that he wanted to kill Bond at the end of the film? If so, it seems unlikely that Eon would still have gone ahead with that with the new writers and Fukunaga.

That's exactly what I am afraid of ! I just can't believe they took this decision. It's like watching my own childhood being destroyed by a few people who don't even realize killing Bond off is not a thing to do. I just want to enjoy the brand new adventure of my favourite character of all time with all the ingredients that make this franchise the object of my passion.

Bond not surviving at the end of the mission never appeared as a possibility in the 24th previous movies, then why would it in this one ? Keeping Bond alive is just part of the deal. Nothing less, nothing more. Otherwise, it would wipe out almost 60 years of tradition.

After all, for a child whose entry into the series occurs nowadays, what kind of experience would it be ? Isn't he supposed to identify with Craig's Bond, like we all did with the actor we grew up with ? Isn't it precisely because Bond always finishes to save his life that we want him back everytime, no matter his face ? I'm sorry but I have no sympathy at all for a FICTIONAL character accomplishing heroic things but finally unable to protect himself. It's not Scarface we are dealing with here.

I'm fed up with this trend consisting in killing our childhood heroes just to "let the past die" and I deeply hate that kind of (artificial) way to increase the emotional impact on the audience. LTK makes me feel much more emotionally involved in the plot than all the movies of the Craig era. The only thing I expect to die is this shitty concept of "Depressive Hollywood".

Furthermore, if Bond doesn't survive, then several questions/notes come to my mind:

1) Why having a gunbarrel at the beginning of the movie ? This sequence is a metaphore. Bond walking through the screen and suddenly turning round to shoot the enemy targetting him is supposed to mean something: there can remain only one, and it will be Bond for sure.

2) Including the "James Bond will return" label would spoil a big part of the emotion generated by Bond's death a few scenes before the end credits.

3) Even if B26 will probably feature a new actor within a new timeline, it will be difficult not to remember the character of James Bond died in NTTD, which doesn't give a lot of appeal to the launch of a new movie/reboot.

3) Bond's potential death is THE spoiler of the movie. If it turns to be true, teasing it in the trailers with some lines like "it will be the death of you" or "if I don't come back" doesn't appear very subtle from EON, not forgetting what Barbara Broccoli said in an interview about the fact Craig's Bond can't be back in another film. What a strange way to avoid any theory or potential spoiler about Bond's death.

4) Given all the losses (parents, Vesper, Mathis, M...) and the pains Bond has endured since CR06, doesn't he, more than any other man on Earth, fully deserve a happy conclusion ? Making him die would be very cynical from EON and the screenwriters considering his only aim was to find the solace and a love he ran after all along his life.

I must confess I've never been as worried as right now. The answer is near and although I have a very bad feeling about it, my heart tells me it will be all right !

That's the question. There are some theories about the fact it was Broccoli, Wilson and Craig who wanted to kill the character, and given neither Boyle nor EON gave the details of this break up, it's impossible to know from which side this idea comes from...

Being the director "responsible" for Bond's death is quite a thing given the potential reaction of the audience, especially for a man who always claimed he was a big fan of the series (remember Trainspotting).

• JTBondJTBond Posts: 112MI6 Agent

I really don't think they are going to kill Bond. Bond is cherished by it's loyal fan base. For me personally, nothing they did could make me walk out of the theater satisfied with the movie if he dies.

Cary had an interview a few months back that seemed to squash it as well. He said something along the lines of it being a traditional Bond film that ended with 'James Bond will return'. It would just be silly to kill Bond and then scroll that line.

I could see a Dark Knight Rises approach where he's assumed dead and he reappears at the very last scene.

• JohnBarryJohnBarry Posts: 11MI6 Agent

I considered the Dark Knight Rises ending too. Perhaps everyone believes he is dead but he is actually with Madeline somewhere.

It would actually be really nice if that happened and he somehow managed to subtly inform Moneypenny he is still alive, such as anonymously sending her M's china bulldog .

The general movie going public probably won't have too much of a problem with Bond dying but I think it would leave a bitter aftertaste for a lot of lifelong Bond fans.

Sad music could indicate the death of Madeline...or the china bulldog falling on the floor.

As I mentioned, I can't believe that United Artists (MGM) will like Bond being killed at the end, well I hope that is the case anyway

• JTBondJTBond Posts: 112MI6 Agent

Barbara loves Daniel so much that I don't think she would allow anything but a triumphant ending to his storyline. Where he's still alive, of course.

Unless they both considered Bond's death would be a satisfying ending for the character...

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

Whatever it is, it seems like there's some surprise in this film they really don't want to get spread around- they keep talking about not letting people see it, they've created a special NoTimeForSpoilers hashtag on Twitter.... there's something big in there.