The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

Nice to see the old place buzzing again.

It must be my round as I haven't bought one for ages!

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,703MI6 Agent

It is! Earlier this summer I asked everyone what their most exotic experience this summer was. I didn't get a lot of responses, but personally I saw a drought at home. Perhaps we can get the chat going tonight?

Absolutely nothing exotic has happened to me at all this summer. 😂

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    edited August 2021

Promo of new stuff was non existant Potts!

There was Cosplay, lots of stands and stalls, an area dedicated to fantasy and Sci Fi Lego, a heap of Star Wars characters running about (all eras) and everyone having a great time.

Oh and a Dalek wanted to recruit me as the Dalek Emperor's P.A.

There is another one in Bath in Sept, but their Covid policy is not clear yet?

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    edited August 2021

Oh Barbel, the classic trilogy is just that.

I enjoy the prequels too, more so since the sequels came out. They are dire.

As add ons, Rogue One has a sluggish start but picks up pace. Its a rattling good piece of classic Star Wars.

Solo is not bad, but it tries a wee bit too hard to join dots with points made in the classic films, spoiling bits of.its originality. How Han and Chewbacca run into each other meets expectations though.

The Mandolorian and the animated series are all very well done.

The Clone Wars alao reinforces the prequels, fills in all the gaps, plot holes and left in mid air pieces. The spin off The Bad Batch is jaw droppingly good.

On an unrelated note, Welcome home M'Lady. Its good to have you back. 🥂

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    edited August 2021

The classic trilogy is very much just that as you say, no arguments.

I enjoyed the prequels (not as much as the classics, of course) more than most people and have watched them many times (again, not as much as the classics but of course those have the advantage of time).

The sequels- as I say, I was happy with "The Force Awakens" and "Rogue One" (yes, I know it's not technically one of the series but I don't care). "The Last Jedi" has many faults and "Rise Of Skywalker" even more. "Solo" is just... terrible.

I haven't watched "Mandalorian" or "Bad Batch" so can't comment. "Clone Wars" the kids liked, and I paid it little attention.

I watched and loved the original trilogy. I even spent one afternoon with my father watching all 3, consecutively in the cinema.

However, I have never watched and pf the other films, prequels, sequels or the Mandarlorian.

I am unblemished. 😁

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

I once watched the original trilogy in one sitting in a room full of biology majors: they did a fine job of critiquing the science behind Lucas's menagerie of intergalactic lifeforms!

For example, the scene where the Millennium Falcon hides from Darth Vader in a cave in an asteroid belt, and it turns out they've been in the stomach of some sort of giant dinosaur all this time, one biology major said: "How does this creature get enough oxygen in a tiny asteroid like that, with presumably no atmosphere?" and another says "Never mind that, what is its regular food source, other than stray Millennium Falcons? How could it possibly maintain a metabolism of that scale?"

I wish I could have watched every science fiction film ever with this gang of hecklers!

I suggest watching Godzilla and Jurassic Park with these wonderful people 🤓

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Hi All, back after a couple of weeks away on hols. Hope you're all well? Drinks on me.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Nice to see you back! 😊

Thanks Barbel. It's good to be back.😊

Welcome back! Drinks om me. 😁

Drinks on the house everyone!

There may be a new watch along on Friday evening. Please check the approp thread.

Oh and don't say (looks around carefully)

P-i-n-k, P-a-n-t-h-e-r, out loud. Don't want Holly getting all over excited. (Sighs) Shes something of a fan.

We'll, it's Sunday morning and time for my favourite meal- the full breakfast, aka full English. Here in Scotland the full Scottish is very similar though we add potato scones to the usual sausage, egg etc. Square sausage is the norm, but I'm having the other kind this morning.

I hope you enjoyed your full Scottish Barbel. I always enjoy too many of those, every time I visit Scotland😋

So, in recognition of my 2000th post I thought a small celebration was in order and where better to spend it than in our esteemed establishment, amongst friends. I've enjoyed and continue to enjoy every bit of this site, getting to know you all and chewing the fat on all things Bond and beyond. It has only fuelled my 40+ years passion and I thank you all brethren.

I hope you'll join me in a toast to absent friends and to the continued success of our beloved 007.

Special Edition Bollinger 007 all round please landlord. 🍾🥂🤵

Congratulations, The Red Kind! 🥳

To absent friends and to James Bond! 🥂

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

Congratulations on reaching 2000 posts, @The Red Kind!

I'll drink to absent friends and the future success of James Bond! 🍸

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

🥂 to one and all on this fabulous site and a special 🥃 to Barbel for keeping order!!

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Cheers, thank you, and... Bottoms Up!

edited September 2021

I want to join the salute to AJB and Barbel. Keeping this forum up and running and moderating it must be a lot of work, even though I don't think I've done much to make his life harder these last few months.

To AJB and Barbel! 🎊🥳🥂

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

To AJB and Barbel! 🥃

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

AJB and Barbel🍻

Aw shucks, you guys. 😃

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Hic...to A-shay-bee and Barbie. Hic.

For Americans and others unfamiliar with traditional Scottish, this is an expression of embarrased gratitude. 😆

Large coffee, please.

At the moment I feel like a football fan (not that I know anything about football, you understand) trying to avoid hearing the result of a big game so he can enjoy it at home on the TV. Until tomorrow, I'm treading the paths of the internet with metaphorical fingers in my ears, eyes shut and singing "la la la". Maybe I should just curl up in bed with a good book and stay out of things until I go to the cinema?

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

I’d rather curl up in bed with a bad woman 😜

With cinema’s likely to be closed here until the end of October I fear that I will not escape learning of all the secrets 🙁

I read some reviews this morning and the terms “progressive” and “bowing to the MeToo movement” don’t fill me with much confidence.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

A nice pot of tea please barman.

I know what you mean chaps. I don't have Sky TV so never watch the F1 live and have to wait for highlights on C4 in the evening. Spend the whole day trying to avoid the result!

You're not the only one in AJB who's trying to avoid some spesific information today 😁