NTTD IN 4D

A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent

I saw NTTD opening day on large screen vue cinema, don't go in for the gold class shenanigans as its bout 20 reclining seats in front of a smaller screen.

Would be rude not to have a 2nd cinematic viewing. I notice 4D cinema screen where the seats move/rock with the action and scents, water are also piped via seat

Anyone seen NTTD in this format? View?

Or any other films in this manner. Any good?

The tickets in 4D are 3 times the price of normal but happy if its good and on Bond.

Comments

• Christmas TounesChristmas Tounes GloucestershirePosts: 164MI6 Agent

SPOILER ALERT

No but I plan to..

Having the water mist spray into your face as Spectre release the gas at the party would be cool

1. Goldeneye 2. OHMSS 3. Goldfinger 4. TND 5. Octopussy 6. FYEO
    7. LALD 8. TWINE 9. Skyfall 10. AVTAK 11. CR 12. TLD 13. YOLT
    14. TMWTGG 15. Moonraker 16. TSWLM 17. Thunderball 18. FRWL
    19. Dr. No 20. DAF 21. LTK 22. DAD 23. QoS 24. Spectre 25. NTTD
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent

Many years ago I saw a short film in 4D. The film was called Honey I Shrunk The Audience. I would think that movie would be as close to 4D as one can get. For instance, there's a scene in the movie that involve lots of mice. You're an audience member at a science presentation. The mice somehow get off the stage and run into the audience. They must of had some device set up that made it feel like these mice were running up your legs. There was another scene at the end where a dog sneezes on you and you get sprayed with mist in the face. The movie was at Walt Disney World and was lots of fun.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent

Sounds great.

Here's the warning on the booking page!

Disclaimer:

WARNING: 4DX is not suitable for women who are pregnant, the elderly, or persons with medical conditions (including heart conditions and high blood pressure), or injuries. It is also not suitable for babies, children under 4, persons under 3' 4" (102 cm) tall or people weighing over 265 lbs (120 kg). Children aged 4 to 7 need supervision.

No hot drinks allowed.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent

I'm sure you were thinking of 3D, A7ce. We've all made mistakes like that, don't worry.

Nope Number 24, it is 4D.

A 2D movie with motion in chairs and other scents/ sprays/ sensations etc.

Of course the same features with a 3D movie would make it truly 4D!

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,737MI6 Agent

IMO, seeing NTTD at a Dolby Cinema or good IMAX would be a better option than 4D.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Ah ...

Like I said, we all make these mistakes. 🤣

I'm seeing it in 4D tomorrow at Cineworld. It's supposed to be incredible in 4D according to a few reviews on YouTube. Seems that most 4DX screenings are ending today (14th October) No-one else seen it in 4DX?

• lilusakolilusako Southern California Posts: 311MI6 Agent

The Regal cinema by where I live offers 4DX (DBOX is also another seat mover type in competition with 4DX) and I am planning on seeing it in 4DX and 3D as soon as I can. Probably next week. But last day that my local cinema is offering 4DX is October 21. After that Dune takes over. Would love to hear your thoughts since I haven't heard anyone's reviews on it yet.

i heard Michael GW say there is a 3D conversion - 3D viewing in 4DX must be awesome- as i believe the 4DX showings are for the 2D format. anyway those above pleased to tell how it went. ta

edited October 2021

So I watched in in 4DX and..

It was just annoying and embarrasing to be honest with the seats jerking around; it didn't make the movie any better. It was also more expensive at £20 a ticket.

Plus the fact there are far less people in the audience which means the atmosphere is not quite as good, no one laughing at the jokes.

The air/wind effects worked well though at certain parts of the movie. There were no water or scent effects.

The picture, sound and general comfort at Cineworld and Odeon (with the over-hyped 'IMAX') were generally way inferior to my plush viewing experience at the John Barry Theatre at Pinewood Studios (a dolby theatre).

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent

IMAX and Dolby cinema are the way to go. Saw it in Dolby last night and prefer it over IMAX. Cant beat its sound and picture quality.