ANGRY!! Spoiler alert.

Comments

• FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent

I was genuinely disgusted at just one, very specific, point in the film - and that was the whole Dou Dou nonsense when Bond picks it up and puts it in his waistband!

What a load of nonsense that was - unless he was going to use it to kill Safire by forcing it down his throat…but that never happened either.

For me, the ending was the most logical conclusion and one I’ve had an inkling they were playing with since Craig signed up for this film. I mean, why come back otherwise??

He's rescued the franchise.

He’d walked away with Madeleine at the end of Spectre, which meant they couldn’t offer the same ending this time.

To come back, they have to offer him somewhere Bond has never gone before.

And hell, how many people will still think it will work out OK at the end ‘cos it’s Bond’???

Seen it twice now and whilst I think Safin is a weak character, the rest of the film is sumptuous and will bear repeat viewings.

And of course, it now leaves all paths clear for reboots/other missions/adventures for the new Bond - but in the same way Craig’s Bond defined how he got his 00 status, he made sure nobody could ever now define another end.

i think that is fitting for what he has done over the last 15 years or so.

Lets not forget the invisible cars and CGI surf boarding down and avalanche…

(Flame retardant clothing on…)

Yes. Considerably.
  • AlbinvAlbinv Posts: 1MI6 Agent

I am super sad. I just watched it and…like…it felet like a few parts were a James Bond movie, most of it an everyday hollywood action movie, some of it a buddy buddy action comedy, some of it felt super stupid, a lot of cringe moments usually seen in crappy hollywood movies, some stuff super predictable and some stuff just mega bad.

Ana de armas playing the stereotype girl who is New on the job, silly and all giddy then kills people with no problems.

the russian professor that is just a comedy character ä, walking funny and made the entire character feel like the parody of russian crazy professors from the 90s in american movies.

felix talking about saving the world again like a crappy hollywood movie line.

spectre, a super secret organisation throws a party out in the open. Like wtf?

the entire scene with the blofeld interrogation was just awful.

the New 007 was horrible written and clenching the jaws with small glasses trying to act badass.

all the silly lines, scenes etc. that doesnt belong in in a Bond movie. the dou dou stuff, when she asks Bond to be 007 again in hopes to give us bond nerds and orgasm for DC to become 007 again was just cringe. Even things that were decent or could have been good was just a major letdown for me.

the movie could have been really good but they just overdid so many things that if it hadnt been a Bond movie I would have said it was a decent 5/10 action movie to watch while eating kebab. But seeing as it is a Bond movie I give it a 2.5/3 out of 10. My girlfriend who loves ex on the beach, paradise hotel, the bachelor and such enjoyed the movie. Pretty much sums it up.

I have loved DC as Bond, I have had tons lots of pleasure with every movie (I even think quantum is a rather good movie) but this left me feeling gutted. Like watching the New stat wars movies turning into childish comedy bits.

I am writing this in affect, I am swedish and writing on my phone (hence the spelling and odd letters in the review) gonna sleep now, hopefully I won’t dream of the movie.

gutted, so avsolutely gutted about this.

• Glidrose007Glidrose007 Posts: 70MI6 Agent

I'm angry about this too. When the dust settles on this one, the knives will be out. This film will alienate the fan base like no other, and no way will this be fondly remembered as a classic like GF, OHMSS or CR. If anything, I'm sensing it will be remembered (or forgotten) as Craig's DAD. Another Bond travesty flick that will end up at the bottom of many fans lists.

NTTD is now on par with DAD in my book, but for vastly different reasons. Another film that has now been consigned to the garbage bin, never to be revisited again. This is only the second time I have felt like this after a Bond film. I have never watched DAD again after seeing how low the franchise could sink, but I'm afraid NTTD has plummeted to a whole new level - something I never thought would be possible.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,356Chief of Staff

Look at it this way:

DAD was an enormous financial success. Eon (BB & MGW) could easily have done the same-o, same-o, and kept their proven star Pierce Brosnan as Bond. Instead, they took a chance, and hired Daniel Craig in the process of making CR a reboot (or restatement if you like) of what Bond is all about.

We all know what happened. The film was a huge success, both critically and financially.

This is another leap in the dark. Eon have decided to take another chance. The last time, it paid off handsomely. Whether it does or not this time, we have to admire their courage in taking chances.

• JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent

I'm totally angry about it, not just because killing bond is an utterly stupid idea in and of itself, but also because it ruined a completely good film. I'm currently trying to overlook the horrible issue, which is why I rank the film high, because I really do love the film. But bond's death, no. Just no. I'm not happy about it at all and I can't believe they could be that stupid as to do it :(

1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent

Tbh I wasn't in the angry camp when I left the Cinema. Sad and deflated yes but not angry. But I agree with you now. The more I think about it I feel robbed of a good, rewatchable Bond by it's utterly pointless ending. I don't really want to see Bond die thanks. I honestly don't know if I will ever watch it again tbh. Right now I feel the Craig years end with Spectre for me.

• ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent

Good summary and that’s how it made feel coming out of the cinema - such a shame and sad too

I just wish they had him somehow survive at the end, rename the film to The Garden Of Death (they really could have) and I would be totally happy with the film. The nomi stuff does bother me, but I can live with it.

1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

• ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

I wonder if at anytime during the last 18 months they thought that since the world has been through a really bad time.....maybe we should get back to Pinewood and shoot a very short final scene which gives just a glimmer of hope?

Yes. Considerably!
  • Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 339MI6 Agent

I wonder exactly the same... Even maybe the idea of the nanobots... Was it always in?? Or was it more a virus like? Even when they show the nanobots... I feel it like a cheap "insert"

The lab at the beginning with ebola... Etc look more like it would be a virus but then of course... With the pandemic situation, they would have to change it slightly

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent

Its definitely courageous.

Again not angry just dissapointed. The much hoped for 'Garden of Death' was wasted, no Squandered. Mrs Zaphod called it 'the balcony of Death' Still dont find the Bond Madelaine relationship credible at all and Seydoux dull as...

So many good things about the film but all tempered with disappointment. For example the Nomi character was good and Lynch superb but under utilised. The much touted physical preparation manifests as just a bit of running about with a Machine gun. The lack of a proper physical confrontation is a shame. The fisticuffs in general were perfunctory and nowhere near top notch. Even the lamentable DAD had a great duel in the Sword scene.

Sets were great but music perfunctory but serviceable.

The main disappointment was in the 'Bond will return ' I find myself thinking 'does he have to'

When the dust settles on the Craig era I think both the strength and the weakness will be seen as the Daniel Babs love in.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 339MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

I feel the same.. A lot of nice scenes but so much waste.. Unexplained plots, connection,...

Nomi character was a disappointment too... I love mission with two agents working together (Alec, Wai-Lin, even Jinx und DAD)

All this hype for... not so much at the end...

- she kind of fight bond in Cuba but fail

- arrive too late in Norway and does not help bond exept giving him a ride

- does not find out anything...

- does everything to look cool and bad ass but... It looks too much and not really "bond style" to me.. Wtf is this drift with the Aston Martin at the airport??

- I like the infiltration scene a lot! Really nice moves and work with Bond!

but then...

- she babysitted the scientist

- get triggered by a racist provocation and kills him in cold blood...! Wtf ?! Is she a professional or not? A super spy? A 00? And cannot control herself?

- she leaves the island, leaving Bond do everything

- stays on this a rock with Bond family... Does not even offer to come back to help, pick him up or does not even offer to take care of his family when it's getting clear that there is no return...

1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Since 2006, EON/Babs/Craig refuse to give me the the light feeling that I used to have when I left the theater after a new Bond movie.

Since then, my feelings are sore, dark and numb, a bit like a hangover and it makes me more and more upset everytime that this happens.

And NTTD was the worst in that line!

NTTD is not a bad movie by any means, but the ending - I can‘t get over - and I am grown enough to be certain that they come up with something as an explanation with the next one - unless they totally reboot.

Anyone old enough to remember, how they got around Bobby Ewing‘s death in season 7?

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,267MI6 Agent

🤣🤣🤣

• ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent

I think the only real solution is to start another timeline. Connery to Brosnan is one Bond and one timeline. Craig is his own timeline. The next Bond will start a third timeline, and hopefully they'll keep that timeline for at least a couple of actors. I don't want another origin story in Bond 26, I want Bond starting as a fully formed agent with a new self contained mission every movie.

• FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent

Can’t argue with the above.

I just hope they don’t find some stoooopid way for to survive

Yes. Considerably.
  • I never missI never miss EnglandPosts: 47MI6 Agent

I saw it for the first time earlier today. I was spoiler free and made sure - for the first time in years - that I only watched one version of the trailer once during the past 18 months.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have loved Craig as Bond and it truly felt like the end of an era. As a previous poster wrote, the next Bond will be the first that is younger than me and that will feel strange. I loved Pierce but Craig has taken me from 29 to 44 and he has been very much my Bond. He fully deserved this send off.

• Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent

Even Christian Bale chimes in with his "interpretation." People continue to debate the ending for any number of reasons, the least of which is Nolan's penchant for ambiguous endings.

https://collider.com/the-dark-knight-rises-ending-explained-christian-bale/

And there have been scores of articles and debates on how definitive the end is, this being just one:

https://yahoo-movies-uk.tumblr.com/post/123726177293/did-batman-die-at-the-end-of-the-dark-knight

But if they want to bring Craig back, they can find a way. And, who knows, in the next two, three, four years (this production company never seems to be in a hurry to make Bond movies), they might discover they either can't find a new Bond or don't want to. Craig's career may be flagging -- it's never been remarkable outside of Bond and a few other things -- and he's changed his mind again, especially if they figure out how to pay him. If No

• AgentCJ19AgentCJ19 Posts: 52MI6 Agent

get some de-aging tech, use a stunt double more, and give us a movie between Quantum and Skyfall and i'll be a very happy boy

• dennitodennito Posts: 11MI6 Agent

I'm with you on this. I watched the movie last night and I left the theater in shock, today I feel sad and depressed.

I'm obviously too emotionally invested in Bond. I have a daughter a similar age to Mathilde, so that was bad enough. But then I watched my hero die. He's been an idol and hero most of my life, and also sort of a strange father figure.

For me it was the biggest build-up to a Bond movie I've ever experienced. I bought a lot of clothing from the movie and enjoyed the massive hype over the last few weeks. I didn't expect to be feeling depressed after watching it. I feel like the ending to this movie has changed things for me as a Bond fan.

• stripestripe Posts: 66MI6 Agent

Like others left the cinema feeling sad and let down, this was a ok movie, but not a James bond movie. Seems the actor has become more important than the character and I love Craig's bond, but this was too far. Bond doesn't have a daughter and doesn't die. There were also so many holes in the plot. As others have said, changes things for me as a Bond fan and if I'm honest I think some of what I loved about Bond has probably gone for good.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,141MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Again, completely agree with these comments and sentiment. Something was lost forever for me that night. James Bond doesn't die. He gets damn close. He can disappear and be at death's door. But he doesn't die.

To use a football analogy. "No player is bigger than the club". I have loved the DC films, he's been a good Bond and I've been generally happy with BB and MGW's ownership/custody (call it want you want) of the franchise, but giving DC the send off he and they personally wanted on screen was the wrong decision IMO.

Along with others, I also invested a huge amount of emotional energy into this film over the last few years and feel completely let down by the ending. Maybe we do take our love of Bond too seriously, but for me Bond is up there with my favourite football team, it's my passion and hobby, almost a religion! It hurts when it's screwed up so badly and with no chance of recompense.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • M 'n' MM 'n' M Posts: 105MI6 Agent

I've not written on the forum for a long, long time as I've watched the Craig series progress with some irritation. Like quite a few others, I was angry with the ending, for the simple reason that I don't think James Bond "belonged" to Barbara and Michael to do with as they pleased. Cubby and Harry had some legitimacy to claiming it was their right to do what they saw fit, but Cubby mostly respected Ian Fleming's vision and version.

However, in the last couple of days I've changed my view. Perhaps without realising it, Barbara and Michael have created a Bond multiverse. The Craig Bond is connected but very different from every other Bond and so "his" death was in keeping, but it doesn't really mean the end of Bond, just the end of Craig. And I say this, because it's largely inconceivable that the Connery Bond, the Moore Bond or the Brosnan Bond would ever die. They were always too smart. They were winners. That was just part of their DNA. Dalton and Lazenby? Perhaps they could have died.

Different Bonds. Different universes. Multiverse (but still annoying)

Good post and good user name, M 'n M. 😁

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent

I also 100% concur with the comments above. I am also 48 and a lifelong fan and this has really changed things for me and not in a good way. I feel they have gone ahead with DC's wishes and almost stuck 2 fingers up at the Bond Fans. I think my days of buying Bond clothing etc could be over, and I feel like this movie has tarnished the legacy. Its the first time I have been bored during a Bond movie....there was just no fun in it. I am gutted especially as i had seen the filing in Matera with my wife and kids and i expected a riproaring movie but everything was already in the trailer- my wife and kids thought the film was rubbish. Not a great experience for the first time my kids get to see a Bond movie!! Any chance of them understanding my obsession with Bond was stopped before it could start - I don't think the move will inspire a new younger generation of Bond fans that's for sure. At the end of the movie I was full of apathy, but I turned to my wife and could not believe it - she had tears running down her face - she was more annoyed than me and we are still angry about it.

In terms of the move itself others above have said it far more eloquently than i could. The plot had more holes in it than a piece of swiss cheese. I dont understand how lea Seydoux had such a massive role and how she was chosen to be his final choice. Maybe its just me but i thought she was awful, and about as sexy as an ice cold shower in the Antarctic. The one surprise for me was Ana de Armas - thought she great - sexy, playful and fun. WTF was the point of Nomi? Lets face it she was a bit rubbish. So many negatives....i could be here all day.

I think DC should have finished at end of SP - I wish he had not come back for this movie. I think he did some admirable face gurning during the emotional scenes but he looked really old.

• lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent

I agree with the comments.

I left the cinema feeling upset, my wife was a rite mess.

Most of the cinema was in tears 😢 including myself. I think it's a brilliant film but I don't think they should have ended it like this.

So what comes next ?

Re boot ?

Or bond didn’t die ?

Or his daughter is next 007 ?

But at the end of the film it says "James bond will return "

Time will tell ,but me ......I'm in shock .

edited October 2021

Their daughter won't be old enough for twenty years and she will litterally be a different character. Bond didn't die is also a non-starter. CraigBond deliberately made sure he couldn't possibly survive because if he lives he would kill Madeleine and the girl. But some fans forget about CR. The series has rebooted before and started om a new timeline. I can't see why this can't be done again. I don't think Bond to be rebooted too often and I frankly think this was top often. But rebooting is the only realistic solution and in it self it isn't a big problem.

One of the problems of killing Bond is that it easily overshadows the rest of the movie. ZI found rest of the movie was vibrant, exciting, funny and very entertaining, but this is easy to forget. Not forgetting in a litteral sense, but an emotional sense.

He literally got blown up by missiles though. He's dead :(