Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

The petrol stations by me have been absolutely inundated. Queues all over the place. Brought the town to a standstill at times. Today I couldn't get near my usual supermarket because the car park was absolute mayhem. I didn't even want petrol!

It's very frustrating because it was literally a handful of BP stations that had closed due to a lack of deliveries and 'someone' told the media and then it all took off. Absolutely ridiculous. There was/is no shortage of petrol just a small issue with delivery to a very small number of stations but now everyone is panicking so it looks like Amageddon.

As for the supermarket shelves being empty, there is definitely not the variety of stuff there was but I haven't had any great issue getting my usual stuff, apart from fizzy drinks.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,703MI6 Agent

That sounds pretty bad. Wait .......... did you say fizzy drinks? Does that include Coke Zero? Good God - that's horrible!!!! 😱😱 My thoughts are with you in these dark times. 😩

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Queues at filling stations, check.

Shortages at shops, partial check.

Yes, but how is the Coke Zero situation?!!!! 😲😲😲

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Never touch the stuff, myself, so can't help there.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Number24, out of curiosity: toilet paper or Coke Zero?

Good question. Hmmmm .....

Well, there's plenty of newspapers and leaves around. 😁

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

Yes, well NI is always that little bit different from the rest of the UK regions for reasons of geography and culture. Of course there was indeed panic buying of food and toilet rolls at the beginning of the pandemic just like anywhere else in the UK. As I said above, I do think the media has its role to play in whipping things up.

The UK Government plans to issue temporary work visas to foreign lorry drivers to try to alleviate the current shortage of drivers somewhat. There are also plans to keep the Army in reserve to be used as drivers in case things get worse.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

😂

Sweden lifted their Covid restrictions tonight (after a relatively short periode of actual restrictions).

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent

Panic petrol buying! There have been people fighting and one even threatening with a knife?! I think people have become used to being scared over the corona virus that they will now panic at every little thing the media tells them to panic about.

I have managed to get petrol when I needed it. Although it will be difficult for me because of the distance, if I cannot get petrol I will travel to work on the public transport if I cannot get more.

My wife works in a care home for the elderly, some of the staff have been having great trouble. There are also many carers who need to visit elderly people in their own homes to care for them. This, and doctors and nurses, emergency workers not being able to get fuel to get to their places of work is a real problem.

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,177MI6 Agent

Massive queues on a three road intersection where one of my local stations is. Another was fine in the morning, but once word got around, queues extended so far they disturbed the bus routes and traffic junctions at either end of a mile long high street. Social media doesn't help - as soon as a station has petrol, someone names it and anyone in the local (ish) area who's online chooses to go get some gas. Horrendous.

But the important questions are of cource if people have enough petrol to visit their cinema to watch NTTD and if there is Coke Zero available. Let's keep our eyes on the ball, people. 😐

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

Couldn’t resist buying these when shopping yesterday 😁

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    edited September 2021

Nazi criminal on the run! We don't read that headline often these days, most of us probably never expected to see that kind og news again. But a woman who was a secretary in a consentration camp during WW2 didn't show up for trial and the police are now searching for her. The woman is 96 years old.

It's easy to see the comical side of a 96 year old woman om the run, but it's chilling to read that she is charged with contributing to 11 412 murders.

edited October 2021

Swedish police warns citizens against taking selfies with elks. I love it when Swedes live up to our cliches from the jokes! 🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣

This November a remake of the Czechoslovakian/DDR movie "Three wishes for Cinederella" will be released. Many watch the origonal for Christmas or new years. But now some people have discovered a gaffe (mistake) in the new poster. Can you spot it?

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

😂😂😂

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,177MI6 Agent

😄😄😄

Answer: the bow is reversed. The string should be on the oposite side and the bow should be curving the oposite direction. It's not the ancient version of holding the gun backwards forwards because you probably can't kill anyone with this bow. Maybe it's comparable to putting the bolt and rounds pointing the wrong direction in the gun? It's stupid anyway and I hope they make a new poster.

David Zaritsky is interviewing one Daniel Craig om TheBondExperienve in about eight minutes. If you're interested in that sort of thing ....

edited October 2021

Wow, that's quite a coup for him. Saw David was on This Morning recently too.

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

Back in June, we had to make a decision re. Covid vaccination:

1. Get the unpopular Johnson & Johnson vaccine knowing that the efficacy is only 65% but it will very much likely keep us away from the ER incase that we are getting infected. J&J was the only available vaccine for our age group back then.
    2. Wait for another 4-8 weeks to receive a MRNA vaccination and then get a booster 4 weeks later which wohld have meant that summer would be over.

We decided for 1. *and our vaccination commission (Stiko) yesterday advised that all J&J vaccinated people should get an MRNA booster shot now.

Happy to report that we‘ll receive our Biontec shot next Wednesday.

*We both agreed to behave just like we would be unvaccinated to prevent infection as good as we could.One reason, why I did not attend the NTTD premiere in London last week

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

Do you think a complete removal of Covid-19 restrictions in Germany is close or months into the future?

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

I don‘t think so.

Our vaccination rate is too low to open up - there are simply too many unvaccinated people around and they will get their infection in the coming months presumably.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    edited October 2021

Pity. We're lucky here in the Nordic countries.