Operation Vengeance - my Bond25 script - now available to view

SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,537MI6 Agent
edited November 2021 in No Time To Die (Bond 25)
UPDATE (10/11/2021): Operation Vengeance - my Bond25 script - is now available to view, scroll down to my most recent comment for the link.

Hi all,

*UPDATE 7 November *
I've removed the links as I keep getting alerts people are trying to download a defunct link.
*UPDATE 7 Novemebr*

As an amateur screenplay writer I am always interested in constructive criticism of anything I write.

I had a gut feeling after SPECTRE that they would continue with the same characters. It's a shame Mr Hinx is not back for NTTD.

So, I offer my script to you all, to view, I hope you enjoy it. Nasty comments will be ignored, constructive criticism might be commented on.

You can view it but not download it as I would not want an unscrupulous person to remove the title page and then play merry hell with NTTD script claims.

On a more positive note, with many months still to go before we get to see NTTD, I hope Operation Vengeance will satisfy your need for fresh James Bond content.

Please put any comments regarding specific plot points in a spoiler box so anyone perusing the thread can go on to read the script without any surprises being ruined.

I looked through ajb007 and could not see a dedicated script discussion group, maybe I missed it. I only found disparate posts referring to script plot and development.

To save Barbel from any legal wrangles I add the following; which is also on the title page of the screenplay.

This screenplay takes characters from the 2015 EON Productions film "SPECTRE" and continues their story.

There are characters in this screenplay who are owned exclusively by Danjaq LLC and, or EON Productions, as far as Someone is aware.

No copyright infringement is intended. This is a work of fan fiction.

The screenplay is intended for educational purposes and is being made freely available to the reader for that reason. It can be photocopied, or its contents divulged to any third party. It can not be sold. Please accord with the utmost care.

This screenplay does not claim to be a recreation of the forthcoming 25th James Bond film, NO TIME TO DIE. Any similarities in the stories are entirely coincidental.

OPERATION VENGEANCE's screenplay was completed in January 2019.

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    I'd like to read it, but I don't think I'll give Dropbox my e-mail contacts and bank account number to do so. Can I ask you to post your script somewhere else?
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,537MI6 Agent
    edited May 2020
    Number24 wrote:
    I'd like to read it, but I don't think I'll give Dropbox my e-mail contacts and bank account number to do so. Can I ask you to post your script somewhere else?

Ah. That's odd. I tested it with a pal and he had no problems. Let me find an alternative.

If anyone has any suggestions about where to host a 340kB file I'd appreciate it.

I have found a solution, I have just asked a couple of people to check that it works and then I'll post the link.
    edited November 2021
    This link works, it's a Docsend.com link which allows anyone to view the PDF of a script for the next four weeks.
    *UPDATE 7 November *
    I've removed the link as I keep getting alerts people are trying to download a defunct link.
    *UPDATE 7 Novemebr*
  • BetterMakeThatTwoBetterMakeThatTwo EnglandPosts: 4MI6 Agent
    Pre-titles is brilliant. Sets the story up wonderfully. Very well done!
    Love the little touches like the drop of red wine on the wedding dress and the confetti edging towards the drain.
    Looking forward to reading the rest of your script over the next few days.
    Well impressed and thank you.
    Someone wrote:
    Hi all,

NEW LINK!!

Here is a Docsend.com link which allows anyone to view the PDF of a script I wrote between late 2016 and the start of 2019.
    https://docsend.com/view/ktntpssykn23tp7d

As an amateur screenplay writer I am always interested in constructive criticism of anything I write.

I had a gut feeling after SPECTRE that they would continue with the same characters. It's a shame Mr Hinx is not back for NTTD.

So, I offer my script to you all, to view, I hope you enjoy it. Nasty comments will be ignored, constructive criticism might be commented on.

You can view it but not download it as I would not want an unscrupulous person to remove the title page and then play merry hell with NTTD script claims.

On a more positive note, with many months still to go before we get to see NTTD, I hope Operation Vengeance will satisfy your need for fresh James Bond content.

Please put any comments regarding specific plot points in a spoiler box so anyone perusing the thread can go on to read the script without any surprises being ruined.

I looked through ajb007 and could not see a dedicated script discussion group, maybe I missed it. I only found disparate posts referring to script plot and development.

To save Barbel from any legal wrangles I add the following; which is also on the title page of the screenplay.

This screenplay takes characters from the 2015 EON Productions film "SPECTRE" and continues their story.

There are characters in this screenplay who are owned exclusively by Danjaq LLC and, or EON Productions, as far as Someone is aware.

The screenplay is intended for educational purposes and is being made freely available to the reader for that reason. It can be photocopied, or its contents divulged to any third party. It can not be sold. Please accord with the utmost care.

This screenplay does not claim to be a recreation of the forthcoming 25th James Bond film, NO TIME TO DIE. Any similarities in the stories are entirely coincidental.

OPERATION VENGEANCE's screenplay was completed in January 2019.
    Pre-titles is brilliant. Sets the story up wonderfully. Very well done!
    Love the little touches like the drop of red wine on the wedding dress and the confetti edging towards the drain.
    Looking forward to reading the rest of your script over the next few days.
    Well impressed and thank you.

Thanks Mum! [Only joking!]

I think foreshadowing is important in films, it helps to engage the audience and with the audience's expectations of an OHMSS remake for B25 I felt I could play with those expectations.

Of course, the difficult bit is the second act, so I'll be interested to hear where you think it is weak etc.

And any spoilerish comments in a spoiler box please.
    Sorry anyone trying to read the script but the free trial period expired on the hosting site. The script is not unavailable now.

I am looking for an alternate site.
    I have to say I really enjoyed reading your script. A solid effort! :007)
    Number24 wrote:
    I have to say I really enjoyed reading your script. A solid effort! :007)

Thanks very much! From our mouths to God's (Barbara Broccoli) ears. ;-)
    edited November 2021
    *UPDATE 7 November *
    I've removed the links as I keep getting alerts people are trying to download a defunct link.
    *UPDATE 7 Novemebr*
  • WaltherPPKFanWaltherPPKFan Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I actually created my account to respond to this threat and your script in particular.

Very well done. I'm a professional writer who does his own spy series (not self-published) and I really like your economical style and the opening lines do the job of grabbing attention. The rest of the script holds that attention. I enjoyed it a lot.

I can only encourage your further efforts. You've certainly got the knack; I hope you go on to create your own fantastic characters in whichever genre you end up playing in.
    Welcome to AJB :007)
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I actually created my account to respond to this threat and your script in particular.

Very well done. I'm a professional writer who does his own spy series (not self-published) and I really like your economical style and the opening lines do the job of grabbing attention. The rest of the script holds that attention. I enjoyed it a lot.

I can only encourage your further efforts. You've certainly got the knack; I hope you go on to create your own fantastic characters in whichever genre you end up playing in.

Thanks WaltherPPKfan, really appreciate it. If you have any criticisms I would like to hear those, it's the best way to improve.

I have to admit I have copied the economical style of Purvis & Wade, which is similar to other script writers. It's the degree to which they use strong adjectives for description and provide insight into the thoughts of the characters that generally sets different screen writers apart. Haggis provides an insight into characters' thoughts while P&W, for Bond at least, don't.

I am writing an expanded version of Quantum of Solace, extending the film to a 2h 20min script length. I will be posting that on AJB once it is done. It will take a few months I think.

I have got some non-Bond stuff on the go, but that won't be shown here.

And, yes, welcome to AJB.
    I write novels so I don't know much about screenplays or where any weak spots may be in terms of that format, but the story was well done and the characterizations were good, and that's all I ever ask for so you nailed that. If I had one nit to pick, it would be the use of somebody's full name in dialog, especially on the first page, where it's done a lot. I understand we need to identify who's who, but having Blofeld speak Mallory's full name and rank, then his own name to Tanner, could be cut. We know who these people are, or can learn shortly after. Data dumps and expo dumps are like SMERSH assassins--they should be killed on sight.
    I write novels so I don't know much about screenplays or where any weak spots may be in terms of that format, but the story was well done and the characterizations were good, and that's all I ever ask for so you nailed that. If I had one nit to pick, it would be the use of somebody's full name in dialog, especially on the first page, where it's done a lot. I understand we need to identify who's who, but having Blofeld speak Mallory's full name and rank, then his own name to Tanner, could be cut. We know who these people are, or can learn shortly after. Data dumps and expo dumps are like SMERSH assassins--they should be killed on sight.

Thanks for that feedback, really appreciated.

The reason for that dialogue in the prison van was, my thinking was to write a script that they could conceivably shoot for B25 and Blofeld might be played by a different actor so you need to re-establish that that is Blofeld.

And with Mallory's rank, this was all to explain that the b-plot of Spectre, the merger of MI6 with something else due to business having too big a role in govt, which was a corruption, had not been resolved and in Op Vengeance you are seeing the latter stages of that merger process and the double-o section was still shutdown; issues that are all resolved by the end of the story.

I agree both Mallory's rank and who Blofeld is could have been addressed separately.
    Someone wrote:

Thanks for that feedback, really appreciated.

The reason for that dialogue in the prison van was, my thinking was to write a script that they could conceivably shoot for B25 and Blofeld might be played by a different actor so you need to re-establish that that is Blofeld.

And with Mallory's rank, this was all to explain that the b-plot of Spectre, the merger of MI6 with something else due to business having too big a role in govt, which was a corruption, had not been resolved and in Op Vengeance you are seeing the latter stages of that merger process and the double-o section was still shutdown; issues that are all resolved by the end of the story.

I agree both Mallory's rank and who Blofeld is could have been addressed separately.

I get it. We all do that stuff. But that was the only nit pick I had so you're doing fine. I found an old ms. of mine tonight while going through some files, and it has red ink all over it for corrections and this and that and all the goofs a young writer makes.
    edited November 2021
    FYI the 30-day free trial I took out with Scribd ends tomorrow (12 July) or Monday (13 July), I don't know if they include the 13th as the 30th day of the free trial.
    *UPDATE 7 November *
    *UPDATE 7 Novemebr*
    edited November 2021

*UPDATE 7 November *
    *UPDATE 7 Novemebr*

OPERATION VENGEANCE's screenplay was completed in January 2019.[/quote]
    edited August 2021

Hello all.

Unfortunately, due to events beyond my control (I'm not making this up) I will now be reposting my 'Bond 25: Operation Vengeance' script on 10 October, Pacific time.

But it will definitely be published somewhere on the web then. It was to go 'live' on 30 September, but it's not possible now.

Sorry folks. This script has been available to view online only, not downloadable, in the past but now on 10 October you'll be able to download it.

Someone.

edited October 2021

A day late, sorry about that but here it is to download, my 'first' Bond25 script, "Operation Vengeance". Enjoy!

https://pdfhost.io/v/v9eM0jq~i_Untitled_B25_new_version_0119_Script

All constructive feedback welcome.

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,177MI6 Agent

I will give it a look

Thanks Chris! And thanks for all your previous feedback, very much appreciated.