When we watch DC in NTTD in 10 years + time

A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent

Will we think what an old codger, why did he play Bond in his 50s, just like we do Sir Rog in AVTAk or even a flabby Sean in DAF and deffo older in NSNA?

Comments

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

I doubt it for a couple of reasons. The first is that Craig, unlike the others, kept himself in terrific physical shape. The second is that he played Bond as a 50 year old man. His age was part of the story. One of the saddest parts of AVTAK was seeing Moore (never a physical actor to begin with) trying to pretend to be 10+ years younger than he actually was.

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters

We should all be such an 'old codger' as Craigger was in NTTD.

Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

Not a chance, for the reasons others have noted plus you won't have hilarious editing of not even similar stunt men for any physical activity or the distraction of thinking 'it really is a marvel how that syrup stays in place'!

• Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent

IMO I don't think Craig has ever looked better; also according to all of the women I talk to. He's in better shape than most guys half his age. For me, there would be something really off about seeing a really young looking guy play Bond. Even in his 30's Connery looked older. Age is just a number and looks are subjective. Side note, Craig has been great with all of the interviews I've seen. Maybe he can finally relax! The pressure must have been nuts. All in all he did a great job and left an incredible mark. I'm still waiting on seeing the film but that doesn't mean I haven't enjoyed his performances. Many great moments, just like all of the other Bonds! Complicated guy, complicated portrayal of 007 but there you go!

• Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent

The bottom line is I like all of the guys who have played the role. There's something about each one of them. They are each of their own time. Just cast the right guy going forward so we can keep talking about it!

• Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent

Craig's face has aged considerably, but he's kept his body in good shape. The thing is if a man is masculine and in reasonable shape as he ages, he tends to stay attractive or even become more so. Quite a few women I know, for instance, say Sean Connery was far more attractive when he got older than he was younger, as his face filled out and he looked more worldy. Beyond that, though, Craig has made the physical performances utterly believable, even when they are fantastic. Of the disappointments I had with No Time to Die, none was attributed to the acting nor to Craig's ability to embody his version of Bond. I think Craig's Bond films will be remembered even better 10 years from now, especially for the generation for whom he was Bond.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Agree with all above. DC kept himself in great shape and look fantastic in NTTD. Mature handsome as RM looked in FYEO. The scenes in Jamaica and Cuba especially, he just looks spot on.

"Any of the opposition around..?"