NTTD dvd release date 20 december 2021?

just preordered on amazon.co.uk

Comments

• johnraidersjohnraiders Posts: 97MI6 Agent

Yes release date came forward. In USA its one day later

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent

Why didn't they set the DVD release date a few days earlier so people all over the world can use it as a Christmas gift? I mean, disregarding the whole supply crisis thing.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

Probably the last date Amazon Prime guarantees delivery so probably trying to force you onto Prime. Been done before.

• mynameisbond007mynameisbond007 Posts: 68MI6 Agent

That’s terrible time to release it, 5 days before Christmas

• Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent

Holiday shopping is no longer driven by such things. Fir instance, many people will get gift cards to purchase things later online, and the people clamoring for its release are already pre-ordering.

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent

I was just looking for a release date last week. This development might actually help me decide against a 2nd viewing on the big screen. This will be a first for me since OP when I began having greater autonomy to watch movies at will, to not watch a Bond flick mutiple times in the theater.

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

This date likely means it'll be available to rent on VOD by Nov 23

It will fly off the shelves in brick and mortar stores.

• YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent

That would be really soon. I'd imagine NTTD turning up on streaming platforms in late November if not December. Bluray and dvd would then follow early 2022. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

I pre-ordered mine last week for delivery before Christmas. However, I have since received an email advising delivery will be 29/12/21..?! Amazon have done this a lot with my Bond purchases recently, the soundtrack, the NTTD making of book, the DB5 book. Frustrating.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

One of my many annoyances with Amazon is when I pre-order something from them that they say is "sold by and shipped from Amazon" and then on the day of release they change it to an affiliate and suddenly it's taking 3-4 weeks when I could have ordered it elsewhere and got it in 3-4 days of release. I rarely pre-order from them any more.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Yep, I know what you mean. This happened with my DB5 book a few days before release, was told it was going to be another 4 weeks. I contacted them and they apologised. I ended up ordering from an online books store at a cheaper price and it arrived in a few days. Then a couple of days later the Amazon one arrived! Not a problem as will use as a gift for Christmas but frustrating all the same.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
    edited November 2021

It's a really good opportunity to not support Amazon for once!

4K looks cool:

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,736MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

Just a warning for folks who have not seen NTTD yet and are planning to order the Blu Ray on Amazon.

Amazon (EON's new partner😮) allowed a review of the film to be posted (it's actually the first one you see) that's got a whopping spoiler and to be honest it's just a nasty, trolling, piece of work. The bozo who posted it probably hasn't even seen the film. Amazon, should take it down. Have a feeling that the folks over at EON wouldn't be too happy about this.

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

If it’s the one I think you’re referring to, then it’s a completely valid opinion and one I have some sympathies with. Sure the spoiler reveal is completely unnecessary but otherwise, isn’t someone who’s seen the movie entitled to an opinion?

Freedom of speech, I think they call it…

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

No problem with anyone ripping the film from limb to limb but the spoiler just annoyed me.

Just seems like these days too many people lack a little basic decency, especially when it comes to social media and the 'net.

Things get a bit too extreme on both ends of the spectrum for a geezer like me who appreciates decency, sensitivity and understanding but also dislikes the fun police and the damned if you do damned if you don't school of political over correctness.

Back to the subject at hand. Does anyone know who is distributing the Blu Ray in the USA?

MGM used to partner with 2oth Century Fox for video but that deal is over. Hopefully it is Universal.

Universal has done some great 4k Blu Ray releases.

Unfortunately, from what I can make out on the picture of the 4K Disc, NTTD will be presented entirely in the 2.39 to 1 'scope aspect ratio without the IMAX scenes in the expanded (top to bottom) IMAX ratio.

Not much info out there regarding the specs of the 4K Blu Ray. Hopefully they did a 4K Master and not just a 4K upscale.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent

The DVD/Blu-ray Extras have been confirmed:

A Global Journey 007:29

Anatomy of a Scene: Matera 011:02

Designing Bond 010:35

Keeping it real: The Action of No Time To Die 005:58

Being James Bond 044:38

James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

we can guess the topics of the first four, but I wonder what the 45 minute Being James Bond will be about? Daniel Craig explaining his approach to the character?

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Isnt it the same documentary released in September on Apple

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

Yeah. It’s available on most streaming services now.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Hitting VOD in the US on Tuesday.

• StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent

...and of course now it's out there on VOD in some countries, it's freely available on many platforms to download! I just hope this doesn't hurt the producers enough that they have to sell out.

"...and of course now it's out there on VOD in some countries, it's freely illegally available on many platforms to download! I just hope this doesn't hurt the producers enough that they have to sell out."

👎️

I have the 4k Blu Ray for NTTD on order.

For those who are awaiting the 4K Blu Ray release, the reviews of the 4K release have all been pretty much all in agreement that the picture quality of the 4K disc is fabulous reference quality and also a clear step above the 4K stream now available.

Looking forward to receiving the 4K disc as I only saw NTTD once in the cinema.

For those in USA, most Walmart and Best Buy stores have it in store today !

Hmm....not seeing that. Best Buy website still has it listed as a Pre-Order.

Ordered mine through Amazon, guess I'll just have to wait.

Not on the shelves at my Best Buy yet!

If you go online to Best Buy and select a store it'll tell you if they're selling in store

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent

I really wondering what to do. I mentioned the NTTD DVD to my younger sister as a possible Christmas gift to me. She often gets med Bond-related gifts, so she might do it. But even if she does it won't arrive until a couple of days before New Years. I'm temped to order a copy for myself just to be sure, but I don't want two DVDs. It could also be embarrasing since we'll share the same post box in the hollidays. My life is sooo difficult ..... 😥