The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent

I'd like a Coke Zero, clean and bacteria free like a lab. 😊

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

But not like the lab from where Covid-19 escaped? 😜

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

No. I'm happy as long as it isn't dirty 😁

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

C.H.E.E.K.S. Did a Decon scan this morning, and the A.R.S.E has a new

scanner software fitted, called Forensic Linear Automatic Germicide Eradicator,

or FLANGE for short. It’s a scan that breaks down potential biohazards before they can germinate.

Talking of biohazards, who is having what? Incidentally, although I have not seen NTTD yet, I have read

the synopsis, so I am spoiler immune.

We are out of Vodka and Gin again, but a delivery is due tomorrow. No 24, don’t play with that Robot squirrel. I am turning it into a training mouse for Freddy.

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

I'll have the usual large whisky, please.

I hope you get to see NTTD soon, TB2, and I hope you enjoy it.

(puts down the robot squirrel and sips Coke instead) Reading the synopsis before watching the movie ...... interesting choice πŸ€”

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters

Pint of stout, please. I've seen NTTD twice now, and will see it a third time sometime this week. I'm jealous of anyone who hasn't seen it yet, and hasn't had it spoiled for them.

Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Whiskey it is Barbel! I may try this weekend. My local cinema has gone kaput, so I'll find the next nearest.

Stout as requested Loeff. I'll savour the obliviousness aa long as it lasts. Though Inam doubtful NTTD will beat CR-06. The one issue I have had with all the following Craig films is their sober seriousness. So we will see.

Holly! Please go and find that wayward offspring of yours he is on guard duty tonight!

(Holly's ears droop, but she slowly pads over the staff only door and pushes through it, making mewling noises, while following a scent.)

On the up side I'm doing salmon for you!

"sober seriousness"? In my opinion NTTD was the least serious of Craig's Bonds, but it was probably more sober than QoS and SP. πŸ₯΄

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

It was sobering thoughts that drove me to drink!

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

I haven’t seen that one yet No 24. I am talking about the films I HAVE seen. If NTTD has humour, Thank Gods.

Hopefully I’ll find out this weekend.

Barbel, your breakfast is prepped...

24, I have restocked the Coke Zero tank...

Lady Rose, all set for your latest bottle batch delivery to arrive tomorrow Ma'am.

I'm heading for bed. NTTD was damned good!

CR06 is still the best Bond film, but this one is a fitting finale for Mr Craig. He really has been an Excellent James Bond. Full review later.

(Caterwauling) Yes Holly, it IS bedtime!

Night folks.

Looking forward to your review, TB2. ☺️

I'm reading Le Monde Diplomatique and listening to a re-run of Maskorama (Masked Singer) while eating popcorn and drinking Coke Zero. I'm confused πŸ˜‚

edited November 2021

Today I winterized my Aston ..... I mean Toyota Prius. Sadly the outboard skis and the laser were above my pay grade. ...

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,645MI6 Agent

Does it look anything like the kitted-out Saab 900 from Icebreaker? πŸ˜€

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited November 2021

The SAAB 99 I drove before looked even more like the Icebreaker car. You could barely tell them apart! πŸ˜‚

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,645MI6 Agent

Great! That must've been nice to drive. I always feel in Bond mode while driving in snow. πŸ™‚

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

I very rarely feel in Bond mode when driving in snow. Anyone who wants to know how incredibly Bondian my old car looked, just google SAAB 99 + yellow. πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

No, I was thinking myself that I set out with good intentions and then become a nervous wreck, especially when I meet others cars on the road. So not very Bondian! πŸ˜€

I usually feel bored driving in snow. Like so much in this world it'a matter of experience.

Yes, you probably get a lot more snow where you live than we do. I don't really like driving in snow and ice though. I don't suppose that many people do.

edited November 2021

One of the usual, please.

As you know I'm extremely into the costumes of the Bond movies, as everyone can see from the number of times I post in the Clothes sub-forum. 😏

The late Sean Connery once offered some advice on undergarments:" I shay underwear should be made from shilk and not shatin". 😁

The usual for me, too. As you might not know, I barely even notice the costumes of the Bond movies beyond occasionally thinking "that's a nice suit" or whatever.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

I notice some of the costumes. e.g.

Today the Christmas tree for Trafalgar square was cut. πŸ€—πŸŒ²

Ah you just reminded me 24! I'll have to get out the decorations soon and put them on both of the trees in the beer garden...

Are you supplying a sliggtly smaller onr for indoors? It will need to have a solid trunk to stop the cats playing with it!

Coke Zero?

Thank you! I'll wander into the forrest tomorrow and look for a Christmas tree. I'm virtually certain I'll find one some time next week.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Be very careful, Number24, Christmas trees have been known to hunt in packs and to swoop around and come up from behind you.

Can I have a Blackwell rum, neat, with one Penfold hearts dimpled ice cube, please.