NTTD Navy Blue Swim Shorts

Comments

• Fulci2020Fulci2020 Posts: 27MI6 Agent

Exactly. I sprayed the area to be heated with the iron with water beforehand.

Then I held the iron to it with the handkerchief. Then I started to scrape off the book marks with my fingernail. When it had cooled down in the meantime, simply spray it with water again and iron it back on.

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Cheers, what heat do you have the iron on? I suppose nylon setting? I’m a little nervous about using too much heat in case it melts the material.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

Well great, of course I already cut out the neon drawstring and now having to figure out how to get the navy one in. Are there little stitches or something by that back tag that could be removed so it could just be threaded through like a normal drawstring usually is in a pair of shorts?

• Fulci2020Fulci2020 Posts: 27MI6 Agent

it was the wool setting. Although it has the nylon setting. But everything was fine with hotter wool setting.

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Great thanks!

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent

I cant tie 2 navy laces bc I removed the neon already. My question was trying to see if theres a way to just put one drawstring through

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Try with a sewing needle attached to guide it through maybe.

Instagram - bondclothes007

I may have figured out a way. So it looks like the back tag is stitched onto the elastic and then the elastic is also stitched onto the shorts I believe through the other side as well. Sounds complicated but I’m sure it isn’t. Anyways if you carefully take out just a couple threads from the back tag you can weave through a drawstring just be very careful because the stitching or whatever its called is very small.

Also to note all this is going on on the inner side of the shorts so it’s not visible at all. Just takes patience, surgeon like steady hands, and a bit more patience

• goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent

Any idea where I can pick up a pair in NJ? I placed an order with Jed north, everything when fine then I got a cancellation emails due to being out of stock. Looking for a medium.

Drawstring success

Threw on Q’s “house song” to keep me from losing it as I threaded the string through

Next up - removing the logo w/ the iron later tonight… Final Ascent may be the song choice for that attempt. Fingers crossed

Update:

Was able to get the logo off (for the most part)

used steam/iron/etc a little bit of it all. Set my iron in between wool and poly setting i think it was around a 3,4ish. Just grabbed an old pillow case as a barrier to iron over. Anything thin should do fine.

my letters didn’t exactly peel off but used a bit of scratching and did work. Was awfully warm on the fingers scratching them after the iron, but survived. Still a tad of remnants left but couldnt tell if it was just leftover bits stuck to the shorts due to the heat and steam

After completed, I rubbed some dish soap on the out and inside of the logo (my go-to for stains) and put in washer. So I’ll see how it ends up looking with everything kinda washing and rinsing off. Got a bit nervous the more I scratched, didnt wanna screw up the poly/spandex so got as much scratched off as I could.

To be honest, a bit curious why wardrobe would go through the trouble and you know they had several pairs to do it to. Personally I woulda just bought some sunspells or obs and called it a day.

If anyone else has done theres, would love to see how their logo removal turned out.

best of luck to all!

Yes its interesting the trouble they go to. Maybe their job would be boring just buying stuff!

Young Madeleine’s coat is even more bizarre. They added a grey ribbed elastic type hem to the jacket.

Thats a good point, after all they do have a team of people to work on stuff like that. I had no idea about the coat wow. Bizarre is the exact word I’d use for that too. Such a randomly added detail to her jacket.

Logo removal seemed to be pretty good out of the wash. Going to let air dry and post photos later. With my pair you can still kinda faintly see where the logo was but I scratched off about as much as Im comfortable doing without risking damaging the material and without demolishing my fingers anymore. Might take a lint roller to it after dried. Dont really wanna pick at it too much. But for the most part Id say success.

• CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

Precisely! As per post 297. "The neon drawstrings are tied at the back of the waistband with two strings so that they don't slip out. I carefully undid these threads."

I edit, therefore I am.

I tried to be careful but sounds like you used much better precision than me! I was getting a tad frustrated trying to figure out how in the world to undo the string since it was stitched or tied I didn’t want to completely unravel the waistband but thankfully found a way. I appreciate the headsup!

• jclemzjclemz Posts: 85MI6 Agent

Can anyone share photos or a video of how they unpicked the draw string? I’m having a nightmare with mine!

It honestly sucks but flip inside out and make small slit of each side of the tag just enough to grab neon string out but dont cut slit too close to top of waistband. Use a tiny small slit just enough to pull out string. You can cut it out from there. I should have filmed mine but honestly had a hard enough time with my fingers pulling and cutting and got annoyed while doing it so definitely takes a bit of patience. Next, be very careful and undo/cut the tiny threads of the tag again on each side of the actual tag (all this is only on inside part of waistband) and about halfway down so its visible only on inside. Undo just enough threads to get the replacement string in. Im sure people have other methods but thats what I did. I realize this may be un-useable advice w/o photos, so I can try to take some photos later if you havent already tried.

Shorts update:

Have worn the shorts. I like the stretch. No I didnt wear them in public, just wore them on the treadmill at home. For those looking to get whenever they restock, know you most likely wont fill out the legs of these shorts and thats ok. They’re clearly meant for bodybuilders. The stretch + leg circumference helps them be a bit more wearable being slim but not quite full La Perlas, but they are in fact a bit revealing obviously without underwear but with underwear as well. So its up to personal preference with what you’re comfortable with. They are tight in the crotch and have a little room in the legs unless you are The Terminator. Not knocking them at all, just giving some insight after wearing. I do like them.

Long shot, but would be very cool if Jed produced a navy “Bond” pair with a navy drawstring maybe no logo or even a monochromatic navy logo that blends in or something like that. I bet they could sell a ton of “James Bond’s shorts”. Again, they probably wont, and are most likely so massed produced and a bit late to make it happen but had that thought. Maybe if enough of the Bond community mentioned it to them..

Literally just spent like 10 min describing in detail, went to edit a typo and now says the comment has to be approved or something to show back up. So hopefully it shows back up and won’t be too long. If it doesnt show back up I’ll try to type it all back up again. Will just say it takes a lottttttt of patience and surgical like fingers.

• jclemzjclemz Posts: 85MI6 Agent

Thanks! I’ll continue to persevere with this method and let you know how it goes! 🤞

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

Amazon came through on these while Jed North was out of stock, just a heads up.

I believe the ones are amazon are still through their actual store, just sold through amazon though

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

Sure, but I ordered from both at the same time and got a "whoops" email from Jed North, and a pair of shorts from Amazon. YMMV.

Oh wow, thats interesting. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for that restock on there also then. Preciate the headsup!

• mhj116mhj116 Posts: 31MI6 Agent

Do we think this is something that a tailor or seamstress could do instead of me toiling over it at home?

They may roll their eyes to be honest. Its just one of those things that’s annoying and tedious but 100% doable. I did mine, and although my finger tips are have seen better days, its definitely doable. The tailor could do the string but that’s arguably the easiest part (which still sucks). That is done on the inside of the waistband anyway so if you diy it or get it done professionally it wont be visible. The logo removal Im not quite sure they’d agree to do bc they would probably be worried about messing up and ruining them since its screen printed and essentially requires heat for the letters to more or less melt or flake off. Heat + Poly/spandex can be risky. They add and remove embroidery any day of the week but the painted screen print type logos Im not sure they’d do. Wouldnt hurt to ask but would probably cost more than the shorts cost themselves.

Prob buy yourself a backup or two for the price of a tailor

• mhj116mhj116 Posts: 31MI6 Agent

Nonetheless I’d still ship these out to anyone who wants a crack at them. I’m just not confident in my skills

• redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent

Ok, after trying a few different laces and lengths, I settled on these: https://amzn.to/3CyZU8K

The 63" length is just about accurate for me wearing a size S 30" waist.