The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent

Blackwell Rum Domino, but I don't have

Penfold Hearts Ice Cubes, you'll have to make do with a Penfold from Dangermouse one.

Don't forget to turn it over when his glasses melt.

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

Maybe a traditional SABS Christmas tree this year? The photo was actually taken last January a snowball's throw from my door. 🤗

Or maybe something more up-to-date?

We need apropriate decorations, of course: 😀

Given today's date I think we ought to make a decision this month.

Traditional Tree.

Bond theme decorations (All eras)

NO Covid related stuff. There is enough.of.that outside the pub!

Oh Crikey - I'll have to order in seasonal stock!

Good! I'll ....get hold of my neighbours' three (much like my father did when he was doing his national service in the army in northern Norway 😁) tonight and deliver it tomorrow. 🌲☺️

In other news 27 people have to spend the night at IKEA in Aalborg, Denmark . They were trapped by a snow storm, but luckily it turns out IKEA has lots of beds available. 😂

Here's the tree, delivered at your door. Ask no questions, hear no lies ... 😏

Its absolutely perfect!

Now time to get the Golden Balls and

Q Branch tinsel. Oh!! And some huge

exploding pen fairy lights.

Now, where is that instruction book?

(looks around the at the place)

We'll, isn't this nice! A Coke Zero and hopefully som good company please. 😀

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

I'll have a Vanilla Coke please. I've added a small supply of this immense rarity to your stocks. 🙂

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

You know, I think I'll have a Coke Zero too, please. Just for a change.

edited December 2021

I got the Folio Edition OHMSS from my sister this Christmas, but it's still in transit. In a way I feel lucky. It's December 30th and I'm still waiting for Santa to bring me a great book! 📬

Well, I'm sure you will enjoy it when it comes. 😃

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

That's a great present to receive, @Number24!

I've avoided picking up any of these new Folio editions thus far as I tend to prefer collecting older editions of the Bond novels in hardback and paperback form. They were the editions I first read in my earlier years as a Bond fan so I love collecting them. The yellowing paper and musty smell transports me to the time they were written like nothing else. I probably should pick up some of these Folio editions but money is too tight at the moment to allow that! 🙂

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited December 2021

This old edition of CR in Norwegian is interesting because the title is incorporated into the cover art. I don't own it, but I hope to.

Yes, that's a nice touch and with such a title you can do more adventurous things like that. The first copies I found of the Bond novels were Pan paperbacks and I've been in love with them and their wonderful cover art ever since.

Tonight is my annual Christmas viewing of OHMSS. Right now it's the avalanche scene. Snow outside, fire in the 112 year old stove and a wonderful movie. I'm enjoying myself.

Great stuff and glad to hear that the stove is still going strong! 🙂

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent

Lovely picture and puts one in mind of Bond making his truncated (trunk?) call to MI6 after escaping Blofeld's hideout in OHMSS while Tracy waits in the car...

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

you're very lucky @Number24 but now youre going to need the other thirteen volumes to complete the set.

I wish I could get these Folio editions just for the Fay Dalton illustrations, but no way can I afford them. Be nice if there was a separate volume of just all the illustrations once the project was complete. It would be about 100 colour plates in total, imagine them all scaled up slightly to the dimensions of a coffee table artbook.

here's Tracy losing her money

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

I think most of us British fans would have first encountered JB through the Pan series of books in their many editions. Great memories, especially of the GF movie tie-in edition, which was the first Bond that I read.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

Where is everybody? Apart from a handful or so members (at least on the threads I participate in) it’s very quiet on these boards. Maybe a free drink on me will bring some punters in - what’s everyone having - mines a Bumbu rum with fresh pineapple juice and tons of ice 😁

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

I've been thinking the same thing. It would be very nice with more active members in AJB.

We had an influx of new members with the release of NTTD, but sadly many just gave their thoughts on the film then vanished. 🙁

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

It's hump day everybody! One day closer to the weekend. Drinks of choice all round on me. I'll just have a pot of tea please as I have to keep a clear head. Hope you're all having a good week👍️

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Thanks. You know what I prefer. It's nice to see some visitor in this place!

Just coffee, thanks. Been too busy doing the Fakespeare script to hang around here.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I'll take anything with a paper umbrella in it, please.

Barbel, did you see the online petition to have you change your name to Bard-el?