'Good To Have You Back': On Location

Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent

SPOILERS

Here's me, earlier this evening, at the location of the scene in NTTD where Bond and M meet for a tete-a-tete by the Thames, as we hear bars from the OHMSS theme on the soundtrack ('Good To Have You Back'). In the background is Hammersmith Bridge. I'm hoping that the pool on the ground is seepage from the river rather than some random drinker's urine!

In the second shot I re-tread the steps taken by Tanner approaching Bond and M from the direction of 'The Rutland Arms'.

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Thanks, Shady!

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,703MI6 Agent

Great photos, Shady Tree. Thanks.

I was about to post about locations too, but I sadly haven't visited one of the NTTD locations lately. But I just watched the opening scene of "Børning 3" the latest movie in a series of Norwegian movies about street racing. How is this relevant, you ask? When NTTD and Black Widdow were being shot in this county when we found reports that a racing sequence was being shot in the Trollstigen road for a major movie. We all know it wasn't for NTTD or BW, but not everyone know it was for Børning 3. I can now tell you all this was a major oportunity for Bond, and they didn't use it. Even in overcast weather the scene is epic!

The trailer: Børning 3 Film - Bing video

A music video: Synne Vo - Gonna Be Alright (From the Original Motion Picture "Børning 3") - Bing video

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent
    edited January 2022

@Number24 Fantastic shots there! Would be great to see those spectacular views in a Bond film!

By contast the most impressive sight I've had by the Thames location near Hammersmith Bridge - which is walking distance from my home - was a large seal splashing around at high tide this New Year's Day! (Btw I'm sorry I look more like a masked Safin in my photos than a Bond or a Tanner!)

edited January 2022

I enjoyed your photos! It was forward of me to "hijack" your thread, but I was watching Børning 3 for the first time and I was in desperate need of a fitting thread. I'm afraid I'm going to be even more forward. Maybe this thread could be dedicated to visits, news etc. (My post was an "etc." 😂) concerning the NTTD locations?

That's a great suggestion, and I have no sense whatsoever of a hi-jacking 🙂

So you agree then?

(hastely puts away the balaclavas and toy AK-47s).

That's great!

edited July 2023

Now for a shameless bit of star-spotting... I was minding my own business dining in an intimately hipster-ish Michelin-starred seafood restaurant on the Kent coast earlier this evening - in an otherwise grimy resort - when who should walk in for a table but Rami Malek and Emma Corrin. (I guess it's through Emma Corrin that they have a Kent connection.) Yes, Safin himself! I politely avoided doing a double take over my grilled mackerel but a line from DAF sprang immediately to mind (since I'm more a fan of DAF than NTTD): "Omigod, you just killed James Bond!"/ "Is that who it was...?" The Kent coast mixed with recreational Bond villainy gave me a bit of a 'Goldfinger' vibe too (thinking of the book, that is)!

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

Wow, that is pretty surprising! What a great spot!

Did Malik look as scary in person as he does on screen? 🥺

edited July 2023

Malek just looked like himself, casually dressed in black. Emma Corrin, wearing a baseball cap, shuffled in behind him with their hands on his hips. (They use gender neutral pronouns, so I read; at first I thought they were another guy till they took off their cap.) It was the kind of place - certainly the only place along that particular seafront - where as famous actors they could eat well and chat and where they'd know it was unlikely that anyone else there would bother or interrupt them. (One other party obviously recognised them but, like me, were too cool to make a show of it. Then again, I'm not too cool to post this here!)

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Wow!

edited July 2023

And please don't ask whether my eyes narrowed quizzically or if I brushed back the comma of black hair that had fallen untidily across my brow. :-) :-)

One more question: Did your eyes narrow quizzically and did you ..... oh, okay.

:-) :-) :-)

• BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent

Magnificent view!

Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.