Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Seconded - good to hear you're all well CHB, we were all pretty worried when you went silent. The effects of the typhoon look shocking.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent

Nice to have you back, CHB! You're having an unconventional Christmas, I see ...

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,668MI6 Agent

Great to hear from you again, CHB. Relieved to hear that you are all keeping safe and well.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,234MI6 Agent

That's good news CHB, glad you are safe, but feeling for those who lost family and friends and the pics I've seen online puts the whole concept of 'merry Christmas' in perspective.

We'll said. I'm glad CHB and his family are safe, but I'm sad for their many countrymen who where hit even harder by the typhoon.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,929MI6 Agent

good to see you've survived CoolHand, thats some extreme weather

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,134MI6 Agent

Thank you all for your good wishes 🙂

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Happy new years to everyone in AJB! 🎉🎊💥

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,668MI6 Agent

Happy New Year 2022 everyone! 🙂

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Happy New Year fellow AJB members, wherever you are. Here's to 2022. May it be served straight up, without too many twists. 🍸

Happy New Year 🥳

My forecast is that there will be no official news of what is happening with Bond 26, during 2022, from EON.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,123MI6 Agent

Happy New Year fellow AJBers🥂👍

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,234MI6 Agent

Happy New Year for 2022 to all members young, old, new, borrowed and blue 🍸️🍸️ 🍸️ wine, cheese and port hangover finally over ...

Old, new, borrowed and blue is the title of a Slade album, and very good it is too. Noddy Holder has one of the finest rock voices of all time and is seriously undervalued in the annals of music.

Book Clubs were very popular in the UK, they enabled readers to purchase titles in special book club editions at prices way below the normal cost of the original printings. The Oldham’s seres was just one of many offerings;

This series began in the late 1950’s and ran for a good 20 years or so. They started to become very collectible in the 1980’s onwards and they didn’t stand for long on the shelves of my bookshop. A few of them are below

The Siege Of Trencher’s Farm was filmed as Straw Dogs. The paperback tie-in was insanely popular, but I often got complaints that the rape scene does not appear in the book, it was added to the film script in the adaption. Sometimes the explanation of me saying that I don’t write the books, I just sell them, didn’t seem to resonate with some customers!

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent

I am happy to see that you are okay CoolHandBond.

edited January 2022

I have tried my very best to keep away from all news of NTTD for these past months. I walked into the living room to see my wife watching goglebox the other day and what was on?!

It was only a clip though showing Bond being caught in an explosion at Vesper's grave. Thankfully not enough to give any of the story away.

I continue to steer clear of James Bond chat here that might spoil the film or me because the first time I see it is when it is released on DVD.

edited January 2022

Don't worry, Josua. We would never spoil how Bond ends up living the quiet life as an alpaca farmer in Norway.

Thank you, Joshua.

We have tickets for the ferry to return to Cebu on Friday, electric is resumed in our area, then.

I'd forgotten those print adverts! Though I clearly remember this one, appearing in the pages of my sister's weekly Titbits magazines (look it up), as a pre-teen trembling on the brink of puberty and imbued with a highly overactive imagination:

I've seen that one for Dennis Wheatley myself again recently I think in one of my books where it was either an insert or a perforated card you could tear off and order the books from. A charming analogue find in this increasingly digital world.

That is news to me! I did suspect that he would open a workshop in Brighton, start teaching pottery lessons and making little bulldogs and selling them to tourists. The plot must be differently to what I imagined it would be?!

Sounds like an alternative take on Fleming's You Only Live Twice ending! Still, it beats being a monk I'm sure. 🙂

• MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo

NTTD has more twists than a serpent licking an electricity outlet.

This bilboard can be seen in Birmingham of all places. Good luck, Malik!

• MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent

Happy Epiphany 🍸️

Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo

And if the campaign is successful, how long before another bilboard is put up saying PLEASE! FIND ME A GOOD DIVORCE LAWYER??!!

edited January 2022

Never forget, never lie about the attack.

edited January 2022

"Hang on lads, I've got a great idea!"

I don't know it that's what they really said, but the people got out alive from this truck in Shanxi, China.