Ages of Bond and Blofeld

BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Bear with me on this, which has briefly been touched on before.

In SP, we see the following image:

Clearly implying that Bond was 12 in 1983, a few years younger than Craig.

In NTTD, when Bond and Moneypenny coerce Q into looking at the files Bond obtained earlier, Blofeld's DoB states 1948 (sorry, can't find an image) ie about 8 years older than Christoph Waltz.

Therefore Blofeld is more than 20 years older than Bond, about 23 years older. We'd expect young Franz Oberhauser to be a few years older than James- but 23 years older???

Someone has screwed up somewhere, or have I got this all wrong?

Comments

• mynameisbond007mynameisbond007 Posts: 68MI6 Agent

in A similar vein, when safin murdered madeleines mother he’s clearly a grown man who looks in his 30s, Madeline is aged between 12-14 at the time yet when they meet as adults they’re a similar age?

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

When do you see Safin's face in the flashback? You see his mouth and some black hair. He's very clearly aged up in the present day, with graying hair and the like. He's about ten years older than Madeleine.

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,150MI6 Agent

Someone screwed up the date. I pointed out elsewhere that while Blofeld's DOB as seen on Q's computer screen says 04/07/1946, the DOB on the front of Blofeld's grey dossier as held by Madeleine at Belmarsh prison says 28/05/1964, which means that '46' would be a typo of '64'.

Then you have discrepancies between the day and month to ponder too.

When I brought this up on MI6 Community, there was some minor speculation that Blofeld was somehow able to either lengthen his lifespan, create clones or doppelgangers, much like in DAF.

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Thanks, QQ, that helps.

• MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    edited January 2022

Also regarding Bond's age in the Craig universe, I'm pretty sure I have a document from CR where Bond's DOB is 13th april 1963.

Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo

Yes according to his passport, but I have some evalution etc. files where Bond's DOB is 13th april 1963. 🍸️

Formerly known as Teppo
    edited January 2022

There's a lot of continuity errors in dates regarding Craig's universes' paper tat. I think that production used stuff for example Brozzers Bond, shows his year of birth, 1960.

Formerly known as Teppo
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,150MI6 Agent
    edited January 2022

Exactly, Craig's DOB kept changing throughout his tenure. 1968 on his CR passport as mentioned and then 1972 on the one from SF. I wonder what his QOS and NTTD passports had written in them (it's likely the one in QOS was just the CR one).

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

I think it's reasonable to assume she's 35 in No Time To Die (which puts her at 30 in Spectre). Malek, who is 40 in real life, has aged hair and makeup, putting present-day Safin at 45-50.

So if you take her age as the baseline, and assume the little girl in the flashback is 11 (though the actress was nine, so you can slide those numbers around if you like), the flashback was 24 years before the events of NTTD. Safin (who, again, you don't see in the flashback aside from his mouth) must be assumed to be 21-26 years old in the flashback.

You went from "pretty sure" to "I have files." Never seen it suggested that Craig's 00 was 45 years old in CR; let's see the files 🧐

• StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent

On the topic of ages, Vesper's gravestone says 1983-2006, meaning she was just 23 when she died in CR, some 3 years younger than Eva Green. 23 is very young for the character to have risen through the HM Treasury ranks to be trusted with a mission such as she was.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

Vesper's too young, Blofeld's too old, Bond doesn't know how old he is from one adventure to the next...

Fleming's inconsistencies with dates looks pretty minor compared to all this!