Notifications gone!

Has anyone else had their notifications disappear? At first I thought “well, things sure are quiet on AJB over the holidays” but then I had a look and had missed loads of notifications on threads I had previously starred (budget bond, eBay thread etc).

They all seem to be starred and ticked so not sure where they’ve gone. Not getting the emails about them either. Any suggestions?

Murder | Employment.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Mine seem to be working all right. Don't know what's happening.

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    edited January 2022

I too have no post notifications. I wonder if it's also affecting DM emails as well.

I'll ask SiCo to have a look.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    edited January 2022

My notifications seem to be working fine but then I don't star many, or maybe even any, threads. The ones I did receive notifications for recently were when another member tagged my username or quoted one of my posts. Could it be then that the problem is only with starred threads? I'm not sure.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent

There might be something to that SM, as you can see I have notifications (no emails though) for threads that mention me or that I started, but not others that I’ve starred.

Weird. Thanks Barbel!

Murder | Employment.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

Yes, I think it must be some glitch in the software that only applies to part of the notifications system. Hopefully our trusty founder @SiCo will be able to investigate and get any issues ironed out. 🙂

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent

I have tried the well worn, tried and tested route of signing out and back in again and that has had an effect I think. Let’s see if it works going forward with my starred threads….

Murder | Employment.

Ah, I see. Yes, like the old "switch it off and then switch it back on again" with problematic electrics that can sometimes work. It could be something to do with cookies on the site perhaps, though I'm very far from being a tech expert! 😀

SiCo says he's going to take a look when he can.