NTTD dvd release date 20 december 2021?

2»

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

Surprise surprise--I went to my local Walmart today to get some stuff, and the BlueRay/DVD of NTTD was available. I'd say it was early Christmas, but I had to pay for it. . .

Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

Not at my local Best Buy yet. I will check on Monday.

• Revs1972Revs1972 Posts: 78MI6 Agent

Downloaded it on Amazon VOD

will still get it on Blueray 4k though

• SauceBossSauceBoss Posts: 37MI6 Agent

Does anyone have information as to whether the Collector's Edition with all the bonus features will be released onto digital streaming services for purchase? Or will it as a Blu-Ray/DVD only?

• Revs1972Revs1972 Posts: 78MI6 Agent

I noticed there was a change in dialogue on the Amazon VOD where Bond walks back into the room in Matera after being blown up.

It was different to the trailers, but I can't remember what he said in the UK Cinema release . Although for me to notice, it must be different,

Trailer - The past isn't dead ( I think he said this in the Cinema Release too)

VOD - Letting go is hard.

Can't say I noticed anything else different though

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

That's how it was in cinemas. It's just different in the trailer.

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,737MI6 Agent

Dropped into my local Best Buy this past Friday (for something else) and NTTD was not in stock.

But, surprise, surprise, the 4K disc I ordered from Amazon showed up on my doorstep today.😊

Saw it once at a decent IMAX, will probably wait until New Years Eve and watch the 4K disc with my wife, who has not seen NTTD yet.

Ironically, my major motivation to upgrade to a 75" 4K TV and put in 5.1 Surround sound was the possibility back in the even darker days of COVID

that the only way I would be able to see NTTD was VOD.

I will say, the 75" UHD TV and 5.1 Surround Sound has been an enjoyable investment in general.

• ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent

It is on! 💥

Yes. Considerably!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,059Chief of Staff

Too busy to go shopping for it today- you might say, no time to buy.....

• johnraidersjohnraiders Posts: 97MI6 Agent

Tescos its £20 for 4k and £13 for Blu with tesco card

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

I bought a copy of the 2-disc Collector's Edition NTTD Blu-ray tonight from Tesco for a £13 Clubcard price, down from the £15 usual price. So not too bad price wise for a newly released Blu-ray. They had DVD and 4K copies too which I might try to pick up later but the Blu-ray will do for now. I have to say that I was rather disappointed to see that the Being James Bond Craig era retrospective was not available on the Blu-ray or DVD versions of NTTD but only on the 4K version. Now I know they're obviously trying to push the 4K version but I thought that was rather mean spirited of them, especially as most people still don't have that technology. Luckily I have seen the documentary on ITV when it was shown, but still... 

I still have to write up my review of NTTD so having a physical copy of the film to analyse should help further crystallise my views on it! 🙂

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,178MI6 Agent

Can't wait for your review @Silhouette Man Hadn't realised you'd not posted one ! There's been a lot to digest.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

Thank you, @chrisno1! If it wasn't for the fact that I am nowadays such a painstakingly slow writer I'd have had it done months ago! I have to say that film reviews are not really my strong point but that I'll try my level best to write this one. As you say, there has been a lot to digest in a film as long, eventful and significant as NTTD.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent

Watching the Jamaica scenes again today I spied a nice punch bag outside Bond’s villa 🥊

Yes. Considerably!
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent

Even thought I have the digital download, I have added the two-disc DVD to my collection. That completes the Bond 25 "event cycle" now - long live Bond 26!

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,059Chief of Staff

Yes, indeed- and hurry up about it!

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

whats on the second disc of the DVD? do you get the Being James Bond doc?

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

Being James Bond is only on the 4K disc. You don’t even get it on the BR disc that comes with the 4K.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

thanks @Asp9mm thats what I'd thought.

But then whats on the second disc? the other documentaries I thought were only about five minutes a piece.

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

They’re a bit rubbish to be fair, nothing that we haven’t seen before and are readily available online. Just brief overviews. No point in a second disc at all, they could all be on one disc with the film. Just a marketing gimmick I suspect. Very disappointing.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

yeh thats a shame.

I always think I should pick up those 2dvd sets in the slim cases, the ones that covered all the Bond films up til the Brosnan era. Each one of them has one or more substantial documentaries on the bonus disc as well as the film-specific content, I think there's a Fleming bio, one on Barry, one on Adam, and one done by Maryam d'Abo where she interviews previous BondGirls. Even though I already have three copies of most of the films I want those docs. Being James Bond seems like it'd be on the same level as those, or Everything or Nothing. But I'm not investing in another disc player just to watch it!

• StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent

I feel the same. I don't have a BluRay player and doubt I will bother now.