Tom Ford Quantum Of Solace Ties Special Order - Ties in production, despatch imminent

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
  • BondCrazyBondCrazy Posts: 54MI6 Agent

Thanks for the update mate, while a bit sad (Bolivia's brown mixtures was spectacular) I'm happy the rest are on, especially the Kazan since it was the most difficult to source back in 2008.

cant wait for the end of february to place the order. Keep us posted on how that is to be done.

Thanks again Mate!

edited February 2022

Is the London tie the PTS tie? Cant remember which one is that one. while a bit sad that the bolivia is no longer available (the mixture of browns on it was spectacular) I am super happy the rest are available, especially the Kazan since it was almost impossible to find back in 2008. Super stoked and anxiously waiting for the email to place the order.

Any idea when that email will be sent out?

Thanks again mate for all your hard work.

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

London tie is the black dotted one.

PTS one is same as Bolivia but blue / blackish

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

Just waiting on Luigi now...

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

Thanks for the clarification @welshboy78. Went back to my old pictures and I had forgotten the London tie was different. Glad to know that the PTS is also included in the buy @007JBDCMWR

Anxiously waiting for that email to drop.

Hi all...

Luigi is preparing the QoS tie "brochure"... Email with pics and order details will be coming soon.

He has everyone's email address and indicated orders.

The required numbers are pretty low so barring a huge drop out we should be ok...

M

• BrackleyBondBrackleyBond Oundle, NorthamptonshirePosts: 87MI6 Agent

Thanks for the update M.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

very exciting 👏👏👏

• AussiebondguyAussiebondguy Posts: 18MI6 Agent

Thanks M, cant wait

So just a brief update.

Luigi has all email addresses. Everything ready to go. He is just awaiting TF HO approval of the pricing model before emailing commences.

M

I know where you keep your gun!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2022

The Bolivia tie really can't be made because of a single pink thread? I understand being OCD, trust me I do, but I think I speak for everyone on here when I say I'd rather the Bolivia tie be made and called "a close recreation" than not be created at all. Think of all the companies like Barbour, and matchless, and La Perla, and even Sunspel, that slightly change design or materials from time to time, and they don't even bother calling their products "a close recreation" they just slap the word Bond on them. I think the Bolivia is the best of the lot. Is there really no way that Luigi can get the Bolivia tie produced? If it's missing a single pink thread or has a fuchsia thread instead, it's still going to be 99% more accurate than anything else out there. Just throwing that out there. Congrats on getting the ball rolling on the rest of them though. Didn't sound easy.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2022

PS

I think even Tom Ford's Solden ribbed Spectre bomber was inaccurate, something about wrong length of zippers and incorrect number of ribs...

I have put it to Luigi... Up to them really. He didn't want to market a tie that he felt was not acceptable as a replica...

"recreation" is possibly how it could be tagged I guess.

We will see what he says.

M

• saross029saross029 Posts: 41MI6 Agent

I don't currently have anything to wear the Bolivia tie with, but I'd get it and get stuff to wear it with. It looks great. As long as it's close enough I wouldn't mind. For now I'm just doing the London tie unless I change my mind last minute and add the PTS tie or the party tie when Luigi sends the info.

• JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent

And to clarify once again, those of us who initially had Bolivia down can change it to one of the others when we get Luigi's email?

Thanks for all your hard work!

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com

Yes of course. The numbers we gathered are purely a guide.

Anyone can add or drop any of the ties. Just decide and order.

As long as we hit the minimum order requirement for each tie all will progress.

Luigi usually opens the order window for 2-3 weeks only. So keep an eye on emails and also this thread for updates.

Hopefully order email will be arriving this week. Waiting to hear re Bolivia tie decision and final pricing from Tom Ford.

M can you advise on what the the minium order #'s were for the ties?

I know where you keep your gun!

Around 30 for each. My list has over 60 per tie but then we will have drop offs

• QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent

I second this, for me the Bolivia is the main focus of the collection. I understand and admire the determination of Luigi, the TF team and @007JBDCMWR to have something that is a true replica or extremely accurate but I'd take a "recreation" or less accurate replica of the Bolivia tie over no tie at all. Plus it seems a shame to come all this way having sourced the other materials only to drop it for the absence of one (I'm sure this is a vast oversimplification but using for the sake of argument).

Once again thanks @007JBDCMWR for all your hard work on this project!

QoS

Yes but my martini's still dry.

Ok guys.

Here's the 3 samples, we would have to pick one as the best to go with. Original Bolivia tie on the right in the pictures.

I think it really highlights how difficult these are to replicate 100%.

• 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent

Thanks for the comparison pictures, it really helps, and totally understand.

I would say that if I was pushed to make a choice, I would reluctantly say 1 is the closest out of that bunch, but not close enough for me. Tie 2 is just too red, and tie 3 is a bit monochrome.

Thanks again for your efforts, you have worked very hard on this, and I really appreciate that you have helped us get a step closer to acquiring some of the amazing ties from QoS.

For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day

No probs. Totally agree with your view too.

1 was my initial view.

In truth, to naked eye, not side by side, the difference won't be huge and all 3 would be stunning ties. But.....

1 is the nearest in base / overriding tone...

• JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent

I would have to agree that 1 is the closest, but seeing them all compared to the original, I’d rather have one of the other ties instead. Thank you so much for the comparison photos. It’s amazing what a difference it makes!

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com

One of the many calls involved a guy from tf design team

He described these ties as like a cocktail. Really hard to mix exactly the same every time

Personally. I think we leave the Bolivia as it won't be close enough for most of us.

But anyone who does want it to go ahead please post on here, then I can go back to Luigi...

The green light is waiting on this decision. Once decided Luigi is ready to send details of ordering out...

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

especially once you've nailed 4 others 🤣 🍹

Agree with all comments mer Bolivia.