Tom Ford Quantum Of Solace Ties Special Order - Ties in production, despatch imminent

Comments

• thrandreadthrandread Posts: 7MI6 Agent

I'm still okay to participate for the PTS and the Bolivia ties. On your photo, the 1st sample looks close enough for me!

If this point of view is not representing enough participants to have it "recreated", I have no problem okay to go for another one. The Greene Party was my third choice, so if the Bolivia is a no go and that it is possible to go for another one, I'll move to this! 😉

• saross029saross029 Posts: 41MI6 Agent

I'm undecided on the Bolivia tie. 1 is definitely the best but I see why you didn't feel it was close enough whereas with the PTS tie the difference is almost entirely undetectable.

Is it possible to make the Bolivia tie available, but for Luigi to make clear what's different in the brochure? It sounds like there's many more people on the list who may not have seen the latest update. Then if the order minimum is met, great, but if not then we know where most people stand.

• Please tell me you guys are joking...

The samples look great!

Lighting plays a huge role, I bet in person you wouldn't even be able to tell a difference. 1 or 2 would be more than good enough.

Would you not buy a TF harrington if compared to the screen worn one the shade of navy was ever so slightly darker or lighter?

You're literally looking at this under a microscope. And I thought I was OCD...

I'm ready to buy 2. I think the Bolivia tie looks fantastic, good job!

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent

If I was picking from the 3 different ties I'd go for #1 BUT I would probably pass at this time in the hopes that Luigi can get the right thread to produce an accurate tie.

I know where you keep your gun!

• Bear in mind guys that this is a one time thing...there will be no special recreations of 1 tie from the skyfall collection, or

1 tie from the QoS collection, this is a huge project and 007JBDCMWR and Luigi have put A LOT of time into it.

If I was to vote I would vote for option #1 as well, I bet if you had a full length tie of option #1 next to the SA tie, you would find

that they are even more similar than you think, lighting and angles really changes how the color looks.

Am I bias? YES! I really like the Bolivia tie and know that we will never come across one that's closer to it. Just some things

to consider.

I agree with you but if I remember correctly 007JBDCMWR said that Luigi would be willing to do the Bolivia tie separately assuming we could get it to be screen accurate. I am well aware that Luigi could change his mind and decide against that but one can not predict the future!

I know where you keep your gun!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2022

Oh, I didn't see that...

I would still vote for a recreation in case a 100% SA one is never produced, kind of like the tf polo project.

IF (in the future) a 100% SA one is produced, the 99% accurate one would probably still sell like hotcakes on the Bay, if someone wanted to upgrade.

• TFTF Colorado, USAPosts: 15MI6 Agent

Just adding my two cents, This project is two years in the making. We are right at the finish line thanks to the hard work and prestience of 007JBDCMWR, Luigi, and those who have effectively donated their SA ties to TF Milan. I do not think we can afford many more delays in the project, due to a far off recreation that most people do not seem to be very enthusiastic about. The way I see it, every week that goes by we are taking chances for more unexpected delays/ problems. It appears that the brochure is already made and ready to be sent out. Let's capture this while we can guys. 

• The Bolivia tie would not be a far off recreation, it would be produced at the same time as the other ties, if all required numbers are met. I imagine there will be a big drop in numbers since it has taken so long, but the required numbers are fairly low, 30 orders per tie.

Respectfully, Austin, Everyone seemed to be well off with the idea of getting ⅘ of the ties (80% of the QOS ties after two years), you seem to be the only person pushing for the Bolivia and the only person actually wanting one of the three remakes. Trust me I want the Bolivia tie just as much as the next guy, I do not fault you for wanting the remake, however it is too far off from the original for most of us to justify a $250+ price tag. It is clearly evident that the required minimum of 30 will not be reached for Bolivia, at the expense of possibly more delays. That's just how I see it. 

This is not my project and I am grateful no matter what happens, but ultimately the decision comes down to 007JBDCMWR. 

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

I joined the project for the Bolivia and PTS ties. The Bolivia is now a no go for me, and the PTS being a recreation has me on the fence. Maybe I will substitute the Greene Party Tie. We will see.

• BondCrazyBondCrazy Posts: 54MI6 Agent

#1 is the closest in my opinion. I'm all in for all of them. Let's have that order email!!!

• The Bolivia is the main one I wanted. But honestly, if the Concensus is to put it on the backburner,

or let it go, that's fine.

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

Right, I've put it to Luigi for No1 to be included as long as it doesn't hold up the overall process. Final decision down to him and TF production. The design of the ties is unique and as such it will be a stunning tie, 100% Bolivia no, but close and stunning. So decision will be down to each buyer... If we don't hit the minimum it won't happen...

I'm speaking to Luigi Thu or Fri so hope we can get going with emails.

Will update on here as soon as I know anything more.

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

Exciting news. Hopefully the email is not caught in spam like my notifications for this forum seem to always do!

Update.

Tie prices have been set.

€195.

Usually there is also tax deduction for overseas. Sure Luigi will detail all this in order email.

Just waiting for conf as to whether tf will run the Bolivia style tie. Then emails will be heading out

• GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent

Excellent news!

For anyone interested, the TF Kazan Scarf project thread has started. Check further down threads if you are interested.

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent

I signed up for this project two years ago, do I have to resend my information in?

No I have everything stored... And no worries if anyone has altered their order from what you sent me.

Once Luigi emails you can pick whichever ties you want.

Only get in touch if you've changed your email address of course.

M

• Dr_Madeleine_SwannDr_Madeleine_Swann Posts: 47MI6 Agent

Hi! Am I too late to join? I'm interested in either the Greene Party or Kazan, please. (So hard to choose!)

Go with both and don't miss the London tie, really surprising when you see the colours...

But this is stunning.with so many shades and reflective colours

Pmd you Dr Swann 🍸

• Dr_Madeleine_SwannDr_Madeleine_Swann Posts: 47MI6 Agent

It really is! So tempting.....must remind myself to be careful as finances need to be there for the scarf. :)

• BondCrazyBondCrazy Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

I was surprised to see how relatively affordable they are considering they're a re-issue. I paid 300 USD each in the boutiques (several of them) back in 09 when I bought em. Hell at this price I'm tempted to buy two sets.

@007JBDCMWR thanks for the update. Now let's have that email already!!!!

In fairness to TF they are pretty good when it comes to pricing on these special projects

I personally think its a good idea if you can afford it, to get two sets. Ties can only last so long with heavy everyday use between 10-15 years and if they get stained at some point, I want to have replacements. I am getting two of all except the Kazan and Bolivia.

• saross029saross029 Posts: 41MI6 Agent

Any updates on when the emails will go out? I don't want to miss it.