The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

😁😁😁 Missed that, sadly.

Last night, my granddaughter was drinking mango tea. She couldn't understand why I kept holding the cup above her and laughing crazily. Bride of Barbel did understand, and told me to stop immediately.

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

Someone is up in the middle of the night.

I'll have an espresso martini. Peacemaker season finale airs in two and a half hours.

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent

Your daughter should watch for the moon instead of worrying about the tea, Barb-el. 🀣🀣

edited February 2022

I was realeaved to discover SABS has aquired a corona-friendly table like the one Putin has πŸ™‚

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,177MI6 Agent

But where's the [expletive deleted] bar ?

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I love it! I'll have to remember that in case I have the opportunity to use it!

edited February 2022

What do you mean? The bar is well stocked.

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

Hoi!! I always make sure the Bar is 'Fully loaded!' We don't do that modern "rather stocked" nonsense here.

The new table is actually inspired by the one in Scone Palace's main banqueting hall. It has segmented sections that can be added or removed and would not look out of place in Thane Castle.

I may happily live in Wales, but I still need to ensure there are Scottish fixtures around me, and that applies in the SABs as well.

24!! You can have a Coke Zero once you put the Forklift back where it belongs in the new Kraft Nationality Imune, Car, Engineering, Aircraft Hanger, and Repair Silo, or K. N.I.C.K.E.A.H.R.S. bay for short. Next to the Mini mokes please!

Time for a drink... who want's what?

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

You need to ask?

The forklift is put parked and I barely broke anything important doing it.

And thanks for the Coke Zero!

@Thunderbird 2 mentions an acronym in his last post - I think it was on a Monty Python album I once had, that in one of the sketches they had the acronym’s BURMA and NORWICH πŸ˜‚ answers on a postcard…😁

I remember those! PM en route.

Barbel has got them right! I won’t post the answers here as they could be considered a little risqué, but if anyone wants to know the answers they can PM me.

Today I discoverd the front of my house and some other areas were bathed in some warm light. It seemed to emmit from a large bright object in the sky just above the mountains. What can this be?

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

We too saw that strange object and felt its warmth for a couple of days over the weekend. It has since disappeared again, sadly.

Despite still working on Fridays I now class it as the weekend (life is too short not too!). So happy Weekend Eve, all. I received a bottle of Wolfburn whisky for my birthday last week and happy to share it with you allπŸ₯ƒ Finest Coke Zero for N24 of courseπŸ₯€

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Thank you! This bright object was really pleasant and pretty so I hope we get to see mre of it. I even vaguely remember seeing something simular in the past!

Sorry, here in Scotland we have no idea what this bright object in the sky may be. If one did appear we would be confused and not know how to deal with it.

The AJB members who live nearer the equator never seen to be confused or started by a bright object in the sky, so I assumed they haven't seen it.

We’re 700 miles north of the equator, N24. For the past week it’s been overcast here with barely any sight of the solar object being discussed. Hasn’t stopped me going into the swimming pool though as it’s still in the high 80’s πŸ˜πŸ™

Its April and friends in Perthshire, Kent and Cardiff have reported snow?! Should I stock up on Pink Daquris or Mulled Wine?

How is everyone?

I'm a little confused about the season. Is it winter or spring? The flowers in the garden are confused too. This is from earlier today:

But heck, I'll sit down if you serve Coke Zero regardless. ο»ΏπŸ˜€

ο»Ώ

Here you are...

(A pint of Coke Zero is placed on the bar.)

Re the season, I think wr all are, I know I am.

Spending most of my Sundays. today included, snoozing. Its almost like I'm fighting a hibernation cycle.

That's my Sundays too. Unfortunately it looks like the forum is n hybernation also. It's almost embarassing for posting in the forum nowadays. So many threads have my name on the latest posts, it looks like my ego's too large if I post more. And if someone else posts, should I reply? I don't want to be anti-social, but if I do and the other member goes away it's yet another thread with N24 at the end....

Hallo? Hallo ..... πŸ˜‰

I know that feeling, N24, so I'll help you out by replying.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

I say go ahead and Reply. keep threads active, especially if its an interesting topic, or if a new or returning member has been posting, give them encouragement and draw them into the gang.

also look for discussion points and throw out questions, I know youre good at that @Number24 but as a general rule thats good to do

I think the hubbub following the new film has died down, as everybody on the planet except for @CoolHandBond has now seen it. the No Time to Die subforum is actually one of the less active areas of the forum these days! but I notice some newer members venturing into other areas of the forum and staring threads. So even if some of those threads from new members seem silly or redundant, we should participate and encourage.

also I noticed @Napoleon Plural posted a huge multipart review of OHMSS on the big screen a couple days ago that nobody has replied to! I must have been distracted the day he posted that, but he always gives us lots of Discussion Points in those reviews, and being the iconoclast that he is, he suggests readings of the film no-one else would ever think of. that definitely deserves some followup conversation, it s OHMSS!

I do worry about it, especially when I see my own screen name as the last poster on more than half of the forums.

I'm taking to heart what you say about new members starting threads, and not closing them down (or at least much less often) when they've been done before.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent

Ah, that's what's been going on! Hence I got a reply on that thread today! πŸ˜€

'Inconoclast'! 😎

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017