Quantum of Solace Bond Tom Ford Polo: Update in Post 440

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters

Sorry to pour cold water over this project, but the minimum is 50…not 40.

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

Thank you for clarifying David

Also. Given my tie experiences. Checking that the fabric is still available is the second major stumbling block. So many of the manufacturers didn't make it through Pandemic financial hits.

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 359MI6 Agent
    edited March 2022

80 is a huge number, over the last couple of years the project hasn't got near the required.

Prices varied from $600-800 numbers depending...

May be more now tho

• JettVettJettVett Posts: 15MI6 Agent

I was wondering how to go about sizing and the fit on this polo, I’ve never bought anything from Tom Ford and there are no boutiques in my country so I’m not really sure what size to go with. Would you go with the measurements on the official Tom Ford website?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2022

@The Bond Experience

Thanks for the clarity, I hadn't heard from Luigi in awhile and I was going to present him with the possibility of 40, but if the last price quote was $600 @ 50, then I think we better aim for 50. We're actually not that far off, we had over 15 or so sign up in the last 2 weeks. So I say aim for 50.

@Matt B I completely see your point, about trying to lower the price and aim for a higher number, but we did try that, this project is now what 4 years old? I don't even know anymore. With Daniel Craig exiting as Bond, and still riding on the fumes of No Time To Die, this really does seem like the one and only shot at making this project happen. If we keep the current momentum going we should easily hit 50 in a week or so. Let's give this one last collective push, at least we can't say that we didn't try. And to Matt B's point, if you haven't seen one in the flesh, it really is a unique polo.

@estanford Thanks for being willing to step up if we are one order short!

• @Matt B I put you on the list, if I misunderstood how many you want, feel free to correct me.

1. The Bond Experience
    2. welshboy78
    3. MrE
    4. MrE
    5. 007JBDCMWR
    6. StiffassBrit
    7. Royale-les-Eaux
    8. Royale-les-Eaux (friend #1)
    9. Royale-les-Eaux (freind #2)
    10. CommanderB
    11. asd007
    12. MikeG77
    13. MikeG77 (possibly) 
    14. 006
    15. Arteezy
    16. Arteezy
    17. Arteezy
    18. Arteezy
    19. Surgeon007
    20. MGoAway
    21. Mossella
    22. danlovescars
    23. JettVett
    24. NoTimeForPie
    25. NoTimeForPie
    26. Aussiebondguy
    27. Han
    28. AKV
    29. Arno075
    30. DBS
    31. RBH
    32. estanford
    33. estanford (if we barely fall short)
    34. -_Quantum_-
    35. GS
    36. mb1101
    37. OMEGA BOND WATCHES
    38. Mossella
    39. MGoAway
    40. CAH
    41. Matt B
    42. Matt B (potentially 2)

edited March 2022

edited March 2022

• BBTCBBTC Posts: 34MI6 Agent

1. The Bond Experience
    2. welshboy78
    3. MrE
    4. MrE
    5. 007JBDCMWR
    6. StiffassBrit
    7. Royale-les-Eaux
    8. Royale-les-Eaux (friend #1)
    9. Royale-les-Eaux (freind #2)
    10. CommanderB
    11. asd007
    12. MikeG77
    13. MikeG77 (possibly) 
    14. 006
    15. Arteezy
    16. Arteezy
    17. Arteezy
    18. Arteezy
    19. Surgeon007
    20. MGoAway
    21. Mossella
    22. danlovescars
    23. JettVett
    24. NoTimeForPie
    25. NoTimeForPie
    26. Aussiebondguy
    27. Han
    28. AKV
    29. Arno075
    30. DBS
    31. RBH
    32. estanford
    33. estanford (if we barely fall short)
    34. -_Quantum_-
    35. GS
    36. mb1101
    37. OMEGA BOND WATCHES
    38. Mossella
    39. MGoAway
    40. CAH
    41. Matt B
    42. Matt B (potentially 2)
    43. BBTC

• StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent

Bugger it! I'm putting myself down for another one.

1. The Bond Experience
    2. welshboy78
    3. MrE
    4. MrE
    5. 007JBDCMWR
    6. StiffassBrit
    7. StiffassBrit
    8. Royale-les-Eaux
    9. Royale-les-Eaux (friend #1)
    10. Royale-les-Eaux (freind #2)
    11. CommanderB
    12. asd007
    13. MikeG77
    14. MikeG77 (possibly) 
    15. 006
    16. Arteezy
    17. Arteezy
    18. Arteezy
    19. Arteezy
    20. Surgeon007
    21. MGoAway
    22. Mossella
    23. danlovescars
    24. JettVett
    25. NoTimeForPie
    26. NoTimeForPie
    27. Aussiebondguy
    28. Han
    29. AKV
    30. Arno075
    31. DBS
    32. RBH
    33. estanford
    34. estanford (if we barely fall short)
    35. -_Quantum_-
    36. GS
    37. mb1101
    38. OMEGA BOND WATCHES
    39. Mossella
    40. MGoAway
    41. CAH
    42. Matt B
    43. Matt B (potentially 2)
    44. BBTC

I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

Unless you people can get someone a little less dodgy to run this group buy, I’d consider it dead in the water if I were you.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    YNWA 97
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

Careful there @Asp9mm - such accusations could result in death threats….

edited March 2022

Anyone confused by this should check this page out..

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/comment/1040213#Comment_1040213

• Responded.

This is David Zaritsky's project, not mine.

• Yeah like…we wouldn’t be so eager to pony up thousands of dollars/Euros/Pounds if it were some random dude on the forum who was running this project . We aren’t that stupid, haha.

This post was from NoTimeToPie - who had about 8 deleted accounts 🤨

YNWA 97
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    I know where you keep your gun!

Damn, we’ve been infiltrated by so many moles and duplicate moles that this place is beginning to look like @Higgins lawn 🤣

If you could see the amount being looked into, it would shock you.

• NoTimeForPieNoTimeForPie Posts: 24MI6 Agent

Why was mine deleted?? I deleted a bunch of accounts because it wouldn’t send me the confirmation email until I made an account with a Yahoo email. Gmail, Apple and AOL didn’t work for some reason. Certainly not one of those spam accounts.

I see after looking at the discussion that you were just being cautious and that MrE may be a… little bit questionable. Please don’t delete me again, I’m not another one of his accts

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent

Honestly I'm getting immensely annoyed by this whole thing as we're all adults here or so I thought. There is no need for this kind of stuff to be occurring!

I know where you keep your gun!

You registered 4 accounts in one day - AFTER you had already y posted here - doesn’t stack up, make sense or even ring true…

YNWA 97
  • NoTimeForPieNoTimeForPie Posts: 24MI6 Agent

I posted something and then that account got deleted for some reason bc I had to start a new conversation with a seller bc I was confused about it, maybe I had done something wrong in a post? I had posted a WTB for something and then it got deleted

Having read lots of threads and built a feeling for members. It's just very sad that a Fab Forum has attracted these issues. But the surge in popularity for Bond since DC took it on means this was always likely to happen. I've not had one bad experience on here and do class many as friends. Unmet perhaps but people who I believe would come to the rescue in a crisis. And I would do the same for them. Which is the true bond this forum builds.

This forum is great. I’ve made many good friends on here who I talk too off the forum regularly. We meet up and have great times. Although covid screwed that up for a while. In fact it was making new friends and talking about the forum that we all suddenly realised that the same few names kept cropping up as complete eejits. And then the revelation came that most of them were the same person 🤣. You can’t underestimate what a few (in this case a load of) bad eggs can do to disrupt things whilst hiding behind a veneer of agreement.

•  Oh, my goodness. You guys are being ridiculous. I told Sir Miles about the other accounts. Why admit to it? I did. Why would I make more accounts on here when I don't even want to be here? I'm not notimeforpie. Sorry dude. Sir Miles, you can talk to me like a rational adult, I know you have it in you. Or I guess you could delete half of the forum thinking it's me. I've told the truth, but it seems like a handful don't like the truth. Maybe just take it down a notch, I'm willing to comply with forum guidelines even if that means deleting my account or being banned. This forum has been an immense blessing to me over the years financially. If I really wanted to cause trouble, I could send you a list of 50 names and say they are all me and have you even questioning your friends on here. For the sake of the others (who I was actually trying to help make this project happen for) take the suspension down a notch. This is a James Bond forum after all, and these are hardly real world problems. 

007JBDCMWR is probably the most level-head gentleman on this forum, and should probably be running it to be honest. Please the ones who are on a witch-hunt follow his example. I really did not mean to cause this much trouble.

Lay the pitch forks down for a minute, snuff out the fire, and let's act like adults.

edited March 2022

I genuinely cannot say 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s being ‘looked into’…this person has registered again and has promised not to post on the forum until such time as we can be relatively certain it’s not him.

If anyone has any helpful information, please PM me 🍸

YNWA 97
This discussion has been closed.