Tom Ford Quantum Of Solace Ties Special Order - Ties in production, despatch imminent

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Is the top one the original!? If so def no.3

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

They are the 3 options.

I have a pic of all 3 next to the original....

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent

Unless I'm mistaken I though we ruled one of them out?

I know where you keep your gun!

The pictures were taken on high exposure etc to really highlight the difference.

I can't remember if you're going for the Bolivia tie but in your opinion which is the closest one between #1 or #3?

• 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent

I am choosing Option 1, I think this is the closest from the selection provided IMO

For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • BondCrazyBondCrazy Posts: 54MI6 Agent

Thank you much! I agree with you, I like #3 the most

• QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent

Hopefully this helps - tried to adjust for white balance. To my eyes, 1 would be the closest (a sort of yellow with hint of green), 2 least closest, 3 a sort of silvery version.

Be interesting to know what Luigi thinks, or @007JBDCMWR

Yes but my martini's still dry.

I think No1 from what I've seen

It has the nearest overall look

• QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent

This might be a stupid question but have they considered trying to combine options 1 and 2?

I have no idea how the threads are mixed to make the ties so I don’t know if this is feasible or not/if I’m oversimplifying it.

Yes but my martini's still dry.

They have tried everything. It's one base coloured thread that they just can't find. When it's combined with the other 4 (I think from memory) it produces the colour sheen.

Naively I didn't accept a tie couldn't be replicated. When I was privy to the 20 odd different samples produced I was blown away at how near impossible it is to get even close, such is the uniqueness of these particular ties...

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

have happily thrown my lot in with the majority.

I'm quite excited, not treating this as a QoS tie, for the phantom thread reasons above, but a piece - not quite unique - 'inspired by' Bond tie, which appeals to me - and in Luigi's video I can imagine being drawn to any of the three blends in store.

As ever grateful for the amount of work and care going in to this.

• NoTimeForPieNoTimeForPie Posts: 24MI6 Agent

Has everybody gotten their pay link emails yet? I haven’t but I figure they are going out “in order” with who submitted theirs

I assumed he will send link after deadline (end of March)

• Mr_JonesMr_Jones SloughPosts: 15MI6 Agent

I paid via international bank transfer (GBP to EUR) the moment the email from Luigi came out. The account details were stated on the email. I haven’t received a confirmation of payment email from TF…. but I attached the receipt to my order form response. I hope I’ve done all what is required correctly 😐

• NoTimeForPieNoTimeForPie Posts: 24MI6 Agent

I’m using a card so it’s probably just the secondary links they’ll send later! I’m sure you did nothing wrong

Re pymt either way is fine. Tfr can be done using the IBAN etc. If paying via card Luigi sends payment link once orders are closed.

Receipts tend to come out paper based with the ties.

Sometimes the old ways are the best !

• PopGuruPopGuru Posts: 6MI6 Agent

There has been a lot of discussion via email, but not sure there was an overwhelming consensus. As the originator of this project, will you be giving Luigi the go-ahead for this option? I support this choice and feel it's the most accurate to the original.

• DexDex Posts: 28MI6 Agent

Good evening Gents,

Im having problems regards to registering which ties I would like to purchase.I’m not very savvy when it comes to computer/ tech stuff , so struggling to register the ties I’d like.Any help greatly appreciated.Cheers Fellas.

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Hi I’m the same . I wanted all 5 plus insurance and was non EU. For the Skyfall ( people might recall there was an issue originally with requirements for points of id) I used a credit with low limit and called ahead to let them know to expect an Italian purchase.

this time I asked my wife to transfer through internet banking. We got a receipt which scanned ( actually asked my PA) the emailed Luigi with receipt and outlining what I’d bought and calculations .

hope this of some help. Just a bit more complicated as no link to click on but well worth the effort cheers

Anthony
  • BrackleyBondBrackleyBond Oundle, NorthamptonshirePosts: 87MI6 Agent

Hi All,

Luigi's email on Friday gave us till today to decide which Bolivian tie option we'd go forward with.

Was any decision made?

I will update when I hear from Luigi. I messaged him today to confirm all ties order numbers and the option that will be taken re Bolivia

• BBTCBBTC Posts: 34MI6 Agent

I have a question. It is the 28th (my time) I was just now able to fill out the order form and get it sent back to Luigi. Do you think I still made the cut? Thank you.

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

Just sent the filled out order form to Luigi and he promptly responded. I think we're still on time as the e-mail said "end of March", but should that not be the case, don't be like me and don't leave it for the last day...

@Dex and @007Downunder, the simplest way is to print out the form, fill it manually (i.e., handwritten) and scan it (or take a picture), then send the scan/picture as an attachment to your answer to Luigi. He will get back to you if there are any details missing.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Yep that’s what I did actually my handwriting atrocious so got my PA to do it in typing

Anthony

Just a brief update re ordering. The window will close this Thursday (31.3).

There are over 170 orders rec'd so far 👍🍸

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

That's fantastic that 170 orders have been received. It means all the hard work by everyone since the beginning has been worthwhile for all involved. That also means that if ever anyone is brave enough to tackle a new project, Tom Ford will hopefully be willing to do it. A lot of other labels could learn from this experience.

I just emailed Luigi and chose #1 but I would back out if it was #2!