The Disappearance of Wiley Hood

LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters

Hello, ladies and gents! With your kind indulgence, I'd like to share the Amazon UK link to my latest project. It's not another book in the Jade series (but another one of those is on the drawing board) ...rather, it's something unusual - a story that's been rattling around in my head and evolving since 1988, when it began as a 5,500-word short story. I adapted it into a motion picture screenplay in the early 2000s and have now expanded it into a full-length novel.

It's currently free if you have a Kindle Unlimited subscription, or just £3.05 to purchase, with paperback and hardcover options as well.

Here's the synopsis from the back cover:

What would you do if you discovered that you were disappearing?

Not physically, but a piece at a time: all tangible evidence that you exist as a person - beginning with your driver's license, bank accounts and your birth certificate...and soon you are a loose thread, being pulled from the fabric of reality.

This is what happens to Wiley Hood, a 25-year-old artist-turned business executive who still struggles with his older brother’s suicide. Creatively blocked for a year since Nick's death, Wiley is suddenly able to paint again—and then, his life begins to unravel and vanish around him. Besieged by visions and nightmares, Wiley is forced to consider the possibility that he has lost his mind...because that is less frightening than the notion that the phenomenon—or whatever awaits him at the end of it—is real.

Frequently hilarious and unsettling—and sometimes frightening—THE DISAPPEARANCE OF WILEY HOOD is a dizzying psychological fantasy in the spirit of The Twilight Zone, which one reviewer has described as “Kafka on Laughing Gas!” It is a trip you will never forget.

...Anyway, this is a large part of the reason I haven't been contributing much here (although I do pop on and read what you're up to from time to time!). I do hope you will consider giving it a look. Thanks, and cheers!

THE DISAPPEARANCE OF WILEY HOOD eBook : Loeffelholz, Mark: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Comments