The Blood Stone theme/intro... wow!

hoppimikehoppimike London, UKPosts: 54MI6 Agent

Is the game good? Because that intro is amazing! Especially the theme as to be honest I prefer it to many of the recent movie themes XD

I've played through the Quantum of Solace game and really enjoyed it ^^

Just thought I'd share my recent enthusiasm for it, is all!

Movies: The Spy Who Loved Me. Actor: Pierce Brosnan. Theme: You Only Live Twice. :D

Comments

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

Bizarre Creations were a great studio: both Metropolis Street Racer for the Dreamcast and Project Gotham Racing for the Xbox were awesome racing games. Unfortunately, Bloodstone didn't perform well financially and they were closed down by Activision (the Bond licensees at the time).

The game itself was great, a proper "Craig entry" during the hiatus between QoS and SF, and I bet you'll enjoy it much more than QoS, which was only ok-ish IMHO (apart from the excellent Kerli intro song).

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    edited August 2022

I just re-visited both games and enjoyed them a lot despite being super old by gaming standards. QoS is a simple and generic shooter gameplay-wise but has the original QoS and, surprisingly, the whole CR storyline, too, which is nice. Bloodstone is the far better game technically, and has some non-shooter components as well, such as car and boat chases and some stealth elements, though it is still mainly a shooter. Also, the story isn't exactly unique or creative but certainly better than anything the actual writers came up with after Skyfall 😃 I was pleasantly surprised to have our hero still alive and childless at the end, with no mention of any stepbrothers whatsoever...

"I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

Dammit, @Ornithologist, now you've made me want to dust my old PS3 and do the same, and also my Wii in order to play the GE remake...

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Trigger_MortisTrigger_Mortis Posts: 100MI6 Agent

That is pretty much the highlight of the entire game.

• hoppimikehoppimike London, UKPosts: 54MI6 Agent

Wow I had no idea it was by them. I have a copy of MSR and Blur is one of my favourite racing games ^^

QOS I played through and thoroughly enjoyed :)

Blood Stone... yeah maybe I should play it through too. I wish it was on PC!

Movies: The Spy Who Loved Me. Actor: Pierce Brosnan. Theme: You Only Live Twice. :D

• HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent

i thought it was a great game in my opinion.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

I enjoyed it, I thought Craig was very good in it too.

• OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 583MI6 Agent

It does exist for PC!

"I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • Smiert-SpionamSmiert-Spionam Posts: 318MI6 Agent

I had a blast playing Bloodstone although it's been a fair few years since I last played it. Definitely worth a few hours of your time at least!

Smiert Spionam