What about Calvin Dyson to play Bond in 26 ?

John from CorkJohn from Cork Posts: 111MI6 Agent

If an 29yo Aussie guy who's only experience in front of the camera was a chocolate TV ad could do Bond 53 years ago, I can't see why a 32 yo Englishman with 12 years experience in front of the camera talking about all things Bond couldn't do it today. Wilson and Broccoli would also give him extra points for his strong dislike of NSNA 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,060Chief of Staff

Good evening, Mr Bond fans.

Calvin's a lovely guy (check out our interview with him https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/51441/ajb-interview-with-calvin-dyson#Comment_945400 ) who I enjoy chatting with. Can't see him as Bond, though.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

He would certainly bring the humour back!😄 Mr Dyson is a top man. Love his videos.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters

Haha, that's a fun idea.

I do enjoy it when Calvin does little skits or performances in his videos. My favourite ever was the 'remake' of the nightmare sequence from 'Vertigo' in which he learns of yet another delay to the release of NTTD. Lots of fun. Calvin acts quite well in some of these.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

Indeed, and he always comes across as a really nice guy.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    edited May 2022

I would pay good money to see the documentary about the making of the (ultimately abandoned) Dyson Bond - abandoned as he was unable to reassemble the 4th wall and would arrive each day on set with a detailed breakdown of how each successive (I imagine Babs keeping him on for 4) directors was making inexplicable Bond choices, poor filmmaker decisions and not serving the community of hardcore fans!

Lost in La Pinewood: The Man who killed Bond Quixote!

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 244MI6 Agent

He could make a good Q! it be cool if Eon got Calvin to cameo in a scene in Q's lab as a technician.