Sales?

Comments

• Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    edited February 11

It's not, add it to your basket. The 30% is taken off at checkout. I bought a Giubbino yesterday for £343!

"Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007
  • Dr_Madeleine_SwannDr_Madeleine_Swann Posts: 66MI6 Agent

Oh wow!

I had thought it wasn't doing it either! I'll try that later today.

• dwf76dwf76 Chesterfield, UKPosts: 38MI6 Agent

Thank you. I did wonder why nothing appeared to be discounted.

Am I right in thinking that the Giubbino comes up smaller than the sizes listed? I'm sure I've read a few posts about them running small. Any advice would be very much appreciated! I'm keen to commit while this offer is on. :)

Are there any other ladies on here who've bought one for themselves? I'd be interested to hear how you found the fit.

• saross029saross029 Posts: 35MI6 Agent

N. Peal still has their sale going on, but looks like slim pickings now. I picked up the fine gauge crewneck in taupe brown for $285 down from $410. It is incredibly soft. I'm looking forward to wearing it.

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,720MI6 Agent

Yes the Guibbino comes up small! I used my Tom Ford QOS Harrington as a guide so figured the XL would be fine but the pit to pit measurement came in 3cm too short and it was far too narrow in the shoulders. I exchanged it for a XXL and that fit better but the I've wanted to try XXXL😬 but didn't want to pay the high price. Now they're on sale for 30% off so I'm gonna go for it! If you're concerned on sizing I'd go one size from the chart because this jacket should be a relaxed fit!

I know where you keep your gun!

Thank you so much, MikeG77!

I appreciate your help. :)

Hope you enjoy your XXXL !

Thanks again, Monsieur Le Chiffre!

That's my order in now. I would have missed out if you hadn't pointed out the the discount was only shown at the checkout.

Most grateful for your help. :)

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,720MI6 Agent
    edited March 11

Ok so let me give you an update on my XXXL Giubbino purchase. I decided to reach out to Connelly to get the measurements for the XXXL as I figured it would come up short like my previous orders. Sabrina at Connolly confirmed that it was 26 inches pit to pit which was not a standard jump in sizing compared to the chart. I had her remeasure and it just over 25 inches which was fine as I was gonna have it tailored down.

I had my Mom look at it and asked her if it was worth it to take it to a tailor and she was "hell no because of the cost and the type of seam Connolly uses (French seam) I decided to get another XXL and it came in per the size chart but it was a little bit large especially compared to my original XXL from the 2020 rerun. I advised Connolly that the jacket tag says it's a Long and they confirmed they only have one standard cut. Connolly provided me a new return label and told me that because I am exchanging it again that I'm only allowed a return and if I want another XL I had to do another order.

Keep in mind that their return policy does not indicate that only one exchange is allowed their sizing chart is off and I am waiting to see if Connolly will give me the previous sale price. I've already written off Agnelle and Connolly may be added to the short list of brands not to buy from which is a shame as I was interested in the NTTD linen shirt.

I know where you keep your gun!
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 521MI6 Agent

@MikeG77 Sorry to hear that! You’d like to think that companies like this would make sure they got it all sorted for their customers! Sad.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • dwf76dwf76 Chesterfield, UKPosts: 38MI6 Agent

I purchased the Finamore from them last month while it was in the sale.

Got an email a week later saying there was a mistake with the stock numbers and it was no longer available.

I asked if there was any chance they'd honour the order when more came into stock (bit of a long shot) and was told they didn't plan on getting anymore in.

Low and behold a week later they were available again.

That's good enough for me to never buy from them.

• GymkataGymkata Minnesota, USAPosts: 4,148MI6 Agent

To be fair: a number of places are facing uncertain stock issues. My local men's store has had orders that have been cancelled by the vendor suddenly show up anyways. Shipments due 'next week' are showing up three months late, and shipments due in early Summer and showing up now. It's chaos out there. It's apparently getting better and more predictable but wild delivery swings are still happening.

Current rankings (updated 12/21)
    OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>NTTD>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>DN>YOLT>OP>
    TND>TWINE>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
    Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton
  • coop5150coop5150 Posts: 64MI6 Agent

Any sales on the RGT at the moment? Had to sell mine a while back since it ripped a bit. The new Adam Project movie has me missing my jacket somethin fierce ! It also has me possibly wanting the lined version instead. Anyone have that one? I remember something about the sizing being bigger than the standard? A Medium is too small for me in unlined and large fit perfectly.

• Alex006Alex006 Posts: 150MI6 Agent

I have both versions. They fit the same, although the lined version does have the fairly thick blanket lining in it.

I would assume that the actual canvas part of the jacket on the lined version is slightly bigger than the unlined in order to accommodate the blanket lining? If so, then don't buy a medium expecting it to fit bigger, at least not out of the box. Maybe the blanket lining will thin/flatten after regular wear, but mine hasn't.

For what it's worth, in my experience I found that the jacket wears significantly poofier than the unlined version. The costume dept must have done a hell of a number on Reynold's jacket, because that thing looks really fitted. And don't forget, it's clearly a size too small on him anyway...

• WinstonoBoogieWinstonoBoogie Posts: 7MI6 Agent

Baracuta have 40% off sale on G4`s at the moment - with potentially another 10% off for email sign-up.... They have most of the sizes in stock of the Classic Dark Navy

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 2,924MI6 Agent

Thanks for that.

Is anyone else disappointed that Baracuta redesigned the G4 and gave it raglan sleeves?

• Alex006Alex006 Posts: 150MI6 Agent

I could have sworn they've had Reglan sleeves for decades?

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 432MI6 Agent
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 2,924MI6 Agent

I could be wrong. I seem to recall Baracuta mentioning a redesign on their website a few years ago.

More of a general question regarding 'Sale' websites.

Is anyone here familiar with Baltini.com or Italist.com? Are these sites legit and do they sell authentic merchandise?

Thanks!

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 1,931MI6 Agent

Thank you. Baltini looks more or less like the same thing.

Looks like I know where I'm buying my designer clothes from now on. Nothing like spending X amount of money on some new Brunello clothing and seeing it on Italist for hundreds of dollars cheaper.

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 1,931MI6 Agent

When I'm searching for alternatives for the website, one of the first places I check is Shop Style. It's pretty good at listing the same item or similar items from various bigger retailers so you can easily do some price comparisons. And the search filters are efficient. Garmentory is another good site: it works as an aggregator as well but also pulls in a lot of smaller or independent retailers so you can sometimes find even better deals. I often find great deals on Yoox but often they only have very limited sizes. And boy oh boy do their search filters suck! So you have to scroll a lot before possibly finding what you want.

edited March 25

For Blu Ray enthusiasts, Kino Lorber is having a huge sale right now:

Amongst other things, here's THE MAN WHO HAUNTED HIMSELF (Roger Moore):

• asd007asd007 Posts: 211MI6 Agent

Are there any current N Peal discount codes out there?

• JKingJKing LondonPosts: 10MI6 Agent

https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping/men/barbour-x-engineered-garments-covert-bond-jacket-item-16111660.aspx?storeid=13537

Barbour x Engineered Garments Covert Bond Jacket on sale with 70% off for £75. (Shipping to UK is £10). All sizes currently available. (Reminder for most people to size down).

• misssteelemisssteele Posts: 10MI6 Agent

Thank you, I grabbed the last M to put in the little collection I’ve been gathering together for presents for my fella over the year ahead.

• kristopherm3kristopherm3 Posts: 90MI6 Agent

Is it just me or is the 'Bond' version of this jacket darker than the standard Covert?

• OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 555MI6 Agent

It looks almost like a black jacket. Can someone confirm this is the right colour?

"I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."