Ewbanks James Bond Auction 27th May UK

The Ewbanks dedicated James Bond auction Friday 27th May 2022.

Lots of great items from The Gadget Meisters collection on auction including, Goldeneye Piton Gun, Spectre PTS KPOS FAB Gun, Living Daylights WA2000, From Russia With Love AR-7, Baron Samedi’s Flute, Factory Entertainment Items and many more

https://www.ewbankauctions.co.uk/James-Bond-007/2022-05-27?arr=&bidded_lots=0&box_filter=&category=&category_by=&currency=&department_id=&exclude_keyword=&export_issue=&filter_360=&high_estimate=&image_filter=&keyword=&list_type=&lot_no_from=&lot_no_to=&lots_per_page=50&low_estimate=&month=&page_no=1&paper_filter=&search_type=&sort_by=&view=bidders&year=

Comments

• B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

Assuming the WA2000 is a replica - any history behind this?

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

• mi6ppkmi6ppk Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    edited May 2022

Was meant to just show the box this gun came in which is an Ares WA2000 and has been modified to be screen accurate but somehow shows the whole file. Not sure how to delete this entry

Amazing - thanks

• PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent

@mi6ppk: Thank you for sharing this link. Really enjoyed looking at all of the pictures of the items for sale.

• loader10569loader10569 Posts: 49MI6 Agent

Hi, some lovely bits, I presume the AR-7 is the mebe toy one, do the bits still dismantle and go in the stock like an original one? So it can be collapsed down to go in a FRWL briefcase?

Cheers

Yes it is the Mebe version. The picture is the assembled item but does come apart and all fits into the stock

Thanks for clarifying

• MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    edited May 2022

Maggie the breather from Thunderball made by Singe and Pete sold for £320. I'd expected a bit more though.

YOLT rocket cigarette with case made by TheSpyboys Ed sold for £260.

Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • DrNoPlaquesDrNoPlaques SwabyPosts: 239MI6 Agent

The Dr No plaques were slightly disappointing too, somebody got an absolute bargain (in my opinion anyway).

Mind you, they faffed about at the beginning and it wasn't shown live on Saleroom.

Those were in very good condition too. £2400 was a bargain for what they are :)

Formerly known as Teppo
  • DrNoPlaquesDrNoPlaques SwabyPosts: 239MI6 Agent

They were in gorgeous condition but that's how it goes at auction.

Hope all is well, Teppo, have fun.

Thunderball Spectre towsled red speargun was also a bargain for £340. FE homers didn't sell LOL

All good at my end thanks Garin 😊 Talk to you soon!

Formerly known as Teppo
    edited May 2022

Let's see how Ares WA2000 SR-007 with AN/PVS-4 and custom laser + bits and autographs, Spectre KPOS Glock 17 and GoldenEye Piton gun goes !!

MeBe Toys AR-7 sold for £460.

LALD Baron Samedi's Flute radio replica sold for £750 !

SD Studios Golden Gun with walnut case sold for £5000....didn't sell.

FE SE Golden Gun sold for £3400.

Formerly known as Teppo
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    edited May 2022

WA2000 with Scope and laser, only £1700...wait...it didn't sell...

Replica LARKs cigarette pack + dentonite sold for £550 !

GoldenEye piton gun sold for £4600.

TWINE King's lapel pin by Kan, sold for £480.

and Spectre Glock17 KPOS PDW with custom laser and mic sold for £2000.

and NTTD book issued to crew only sold for £8500 😶

Formerly known as Teppo
  • misssteelemisssteele Posts: 18MI6 Agent

Did anyone here bid? I won one of the Bollingers on the basis that they offer a shipping service, asked for shipping and now apparently there isn’t enough staff atm so they can’t offer it. I live nearly 4 hours away 😣

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I rarely bid at any auction that don't offer in-house shipping. The cost and the hassle are usually just not worth it for me. If it's a very expensive piece it might be worth while, but for anything under a few hundred pounds/dollars/euros, the cost of having someone collect the item, package it, and ship it is often the same as the hammer price of the item.

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

Yes, I did my fair share if bidding, won all the targeted auctions plus a few „spontaneous“ ones………..exept for that bloody book.

Eyed this very hard since it was announced as part of the auction. Simply cannot believe the price it went for in the end.

On another note (& excuse me for being so direct): It appears there were quite some brainiacs at auction today.

A good amount of these lots is currently on eBay or available elsewhere, yet people still pay way more than what they‘re asking for on those selling platforms.

The golden bullet being just one example…

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)

Had a go with a few lots, really fancied the LALD flute but that got silly, did bag a Walther LP, also had a go with a Rolleiflex but that started off slow then took off as well, but probably still a fair price for it.

Yes waiting to hear about postage as well, see what happens, I'm not on the doorstep either

Anyone know what happens if an item doesn’t sell? I missed the WA2000 as deleted my bid in error?

If an item does not sell it is normally held until the next auction or removed by the seller. You can always make an after auction offer by contacting the auction house or contact a seller direct with an offer if you have their contact details or request it from the auction house. Some items do not sell even though they have bids on as they may have a fixed reserve price in place and do not reach the lower estimate . Hope this helps.

Thanks I’ve contacted Ewbanks and will wait to hear

• thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,844MI6 Agent
    edited May 2022

Well, if anyone is interested in the YOLT cigarette case...I can easily make another for far less than that.  --Ed

• Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent

£8,500 for the Greg Williams book!

I could be tempted to sell mine for that 😂 (jokes)

"Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007

Do you really have it? Is it so special or what does it feature?

It is like the suitcase in Pulp Fiction - we'll never know

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

Anyone who went to Burlington Arcade last year knows it is a treasure trove. It is a gorgeous book with lots of images I had never seen before. The fact they had a bar in the Omega pop-up alongside the book at least meant you could justify sitting there for an hour going through it!

2 have been available for money, otherwise you have to be *special*. One went for £5k at a charity auction after Greg donated it last year. This is the second.

The price is hardly surprising give it is far harder to obtain than a studio or signed print and the easily obtainable Taschen book featuring a signed print was £1750.

If you like the Craig era from a style and visualisation point it is a defining work.

I am sure it is to do with licensing issues but the fact that it is being kept secret is a massive shame. I imagine Greg would rather his work was available for all...so hopefully a commercial version does come out in the future - this might even have been the original intention as it has an IBSN number and was listed on Blackwells prior to release

• Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent

I do genuinely have one. I was lucky enough to obtain one from Omega with a signed note from Raynald Aeschlimann to accompany it.

I am desperate to get Greg Williams to sign mine, but that might be pushing it. Here are my four Bond Seamasters with the book beneath them.

Agreed, it's a beautiful book. I will not be letting go of mine. Sorry if I have somewhat hijacked the thread.

"Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007

Hey Guys!

I‘m in need of a little help here. I participated in the Ewbanks auction and won the following lots:

• 4 poster lot of PB-era

• poster for a film festival

• Jaws teeth

• 24-piece mug collection from 2012

• 6-piece Franklin mint plate set

Now: Got the invoice very quickly and replied to it by asking for the additional shipping quotes.

As a reply I got a list of recommendations (couriers) and the explanation that they are currently low on staff in the shipping department. I took that mail as a „hint“ to sort the shipping put by myself.

So that was what I asked in the next mail to them. In that mail, they said, they will not ship the mugs and plates due to their fragile nature.

I again replied by saying that this fact was nowhere stated in the auction and as a potential buyer this is something you‘d like to be told in advance.

They replied by saying that they nowhere stated that they would ship the items/ all items and that the package would weight around 10kg which is too heavy by their statement. And again they sent me that list of recommendations four couriers.

Now I‘m a bit stunned to say at least. I think this response bears some cheek and is far away from being customer-orientated.

Now my question: Has anybody of you experienced similar issues with this auction or in general? What is there to be done next?

Because I‘m inclined to write that they might aswell keep the whole lot then bc judging by their logic, I‘d come around and say that posters are also very fragile to ship.

Would I be assumptious I‘d say that they propably simply don‘t want to face the hassle of packaging these items for the low hammer price they sold for…