The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,937MI6 Agent
    edited May 2022

Lady Rose said:

I felt Daniel Craig (I know it's not down to him but he certainly had a massive say) was very arrogant in killing Bond off. How is he the actor that gets his own stand alone story arc? It's not about the actor, it's about the character.

we now know that was an idea Craig suggested to Barbara at the time of his first film, which she tells us she immediately agreed to. (there's a group interview somewhere round here where they discuss it along with Wilson and Fukunaga). It seems to have been a condition of him returning after SPECTRE though I'm not sure thats been confirmed.

and yes they gave Craig that Executive Producer credit on the last couple of films. They definitely gave their actor (a hired hand) too much say in what would be done with their character (an incredibly valuable intellectual property).

(EDIT: that group interview is in this post)

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

To use a football analogy...

I have a friend who is a life-long diehard Manchester City supporter. In 1999 he was watching the UEFA Champions League final between Bayern Munich and his arch-nemesis, Manchester United. For whatever reason, he had to stop watching just as the clock hit the 90th minute and with the score at 1-0 to Bayern. He therefore missed United's injury-time equaliser, and injury-time winner. He has since happily stated that in his mind, because he didn't actually see those two goals, the match ended 1-0 to Bayern Munich and United never won it. Following his perfect logic, I wish I'd left NTTD about five minutes before the end of the film. Oh what a happy world I would live in 😁

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,792MI6 Agent

That's the spirit!

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

Thanks for the link. I was reading that very thread this afternoon and confirmed everything I thought about Craig. 🤨

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,195MI6 Agent

I’ll have a Long Island Ice Tea to celebrate my enrolment into Lady Rose’s SMO with NTTD Club 🥃🍻🍷🥂🍸

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • SpectreOfDefeatSpectreOfDefeat Posts: 404MI6 Agent

*Walks into bar*

I'll have a Scotch to celebrate my return to this old place, please, bartender...

"The spectre of defeat..."

NTTD is the main reason for heavy drinking in 2022 ........

And since drinking is very Bondian, NTTD is making the world more Bondian! 😁

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent

I'd like to add my felicitations for the return of Lady Rose. Nice to see some Familiar faces again, so to speak.

"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

And to you too TP!

See if we can get the old place rockin' again.

Give Barbel a Macallan and a guitar and let's see what happens ... 🤣

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,689MI6 Agent

I concur, TP. I do love Lady Rose's avatar. It is very pretty, mysterious and lady like. 🙂

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,689MI6 Agent

Of course. A case of art imitating life. 🙂

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I'm feeling generous: thimbles of flat lager for everyone!!

Hi. Who wants to join me here for a bewerage?

edited June 2022

Can I offer you a Pimms, @Number24 ? Enjoying Her Majesty The Queen's 70th Jubilee celebrations this weekend, so that seems an appropriate libation.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,302Chief of Staff

I'll take a whisky, if that's ok, TRK.

edited June 2022

I've never heard of Pimms before, The Red Kind. Is it Her Majesty's favourite?

edited June 2022

Is it Pimm's o'clock?

edited July 2023

I'm sure it's good. Does it mix well with Coke Zero?

Pimms is a very odd drink. You think you're drinking fruit juice and lemonade but it's unsuspectingly potent ( in the right measures). It's served full of fruit or celery (you read that right) and taken at very genteel events but it can get you very smashed 🤣

Fruit and celery? So it's good for your health?

I'll have a Pimms and Coke Zero, hold the Pimms. 😁

edited June 2022

It's always Pimms o'clock somewhere in the world!😊

It's a mixer @Number24 A bit like Aperol or Martini Rosso, if you like. You have it with Lemonade and summer fruits. Very English and a staple at events like Wimbledon. I wouldn't recommend it with Coke Zero, unless you happen to be called Derek 'Del Boy' Trotter!😄

I don't drink at all but I remember Pimm's from the adverts on TV years ago.

That's why I drink my Coke Zero straight!

I'm watching Black Hawk Down. Great movie. I still think Rigley Scott should've directed LTK!

Yes, it was a great advertising slogan.

I believe Her Majesty's favourite tipple is Dubonnet. I've never tried it. Think it's quite sweet.

edited June 2022

I'm yet to try the new Platinum Pudding as well! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61428970.amp