Never Say Never pre-credit scene musically rescored and with "new" title graphics

sirsosirso Posts: 209MI6 Agent

Never Say Never pre-credit scene musically rescored and with "new" title graphics

It only slightly improves the original, which has the worst pre-credit sequence... I was going to say "in the series", but NSA is not in the series. But it is a skilful re-imagining.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Well, it's better...

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    edited May 2022

I quite like the use of FRWL there, although I’ve always wanted someone to do one of these rescores just using Barry’s sound of the time, so music from Moonraker onwards really. The 60s brassy sound doesn’t really fit an 80s Bond.

The only bad thing in this is that gunbarrel used in this one sounds like an orchestra falling down some stairs 😅

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent

It's a big improvement, but I'm not sure this version ended the PTS at the right moment. .

• sirsosirso Posts: 209MI6 Agent

Yes, regarding the 80s not suiting the brassy sound. I would extend that to now. The Craig films are obsessed with that outdated sound.

It that a CGI Connery in the gunbarrel sequence, made to look how he did in 1983?

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

It’s his head plonked onto Dalton.

• John from CorkJohn from Cork Posts: 111MI6 Agent

Why were some people always so obsessed about "fixing" NSNA with a gunbarrel at the start, yet we have two official Eon movies, QoS and Skyfall without a gunbarrel at the start.

People wanted to see NSNA with a gunbarrel before QoS and SF came along.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

I think there are plenty of us obsessed about the gun barrel missing from QoS and SF, as well. To take it a stage further we're even bugged when the white circle doesn't open up into the first scene. I'm firmly in the camp that sometimes things need to be mixed up for variety and novelty (if done well!) but the gun barrel is the gun barrel and shouldn't be messed with too much and should always be there at the start.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

+1

I see. It's well done. Even the head changing direction looks convincing.

• Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent

An argument can be made that those two Bond entries build up to an unconventional, reinterpretation of the gunbarrel sequence, whereas NSNA just doesn't have one at all.

Yes, I agree with that. CR06 has a version of the gunbarrel at the end of the PTS rather than at the start (arguably for artistic reasons) while QoS has it (a poor version) at the end of the movie- though I think that it should have been at the start of the film, and I'd say that it should have been there in SF too. Some minor alterations would have been necessary, of course.

• John from CorkJohn from Cork Posts: 111MI6 Agent

Whatever about CR & QOS, there is absolutely no good reason for it not to be at the start of Skyfall, especially since it was the 50th anniversary

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

There's no good reason for it not to be at the beginning of QOS either. That opening really wants a gun barrel in front of it!

Visit my blog, Bond Suits