No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• knoxj3knoxj3 Posts: 146MI6 Agent

Are the slim that different from the straight? I have decently thick legs, and I don’t think I would want the top half of the jeans any tighter. I would get them hemmed of course, but I don’t think that would really affect anything.

• armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 672MI6 Agent

Does anyone have any pics\details\confirmation of the tie worn upon returning to London in NTTD?

Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

I can comfirm TF denim sizing 100% varies. Not every slim pair will fit the same. I’d compare it to fragrance batches if you’re familiar with high end fragrances since a lot of this stuff is hand sewn sizing can vary from time to time. Some batches are just going to fit differently. Thats why buying from other stores is tricky bc you just cant really know from whatever stock photo they use. I didnt buy any of mine from the actual Tom Ford store. Although, enticing bc they literally will fit you like a suit and get any sort of tailoring needed for them sometimes on the spot if their tailor is in that day, I came close to doing it). But alas, this definitely means you’re paying that full price, so I settled for outside pricing and just had mine tailored locally. I have TF slims that fit straight and TF slims that fit more skinny but are 100% cotton so the gradual give from wearing made them fit pretty great for me. Ironically my TF slims that run big are the pair with stretch in them. Its also more from the knee down for mine as well. Its hard to trust with tailoring raw or selvedge denim bc of the mentioned selvedge outseam and chain stitch that is highly recommended to preserve the intended look but $60+ for a taper especially if just knee down seems a bit steep. But again, if you found someone you trust then I cant blame you

• knoxj3knoxj3 Posts: 146MI6 Agent

Maybe these jeans are too big of an investment for me. There doesn't seem to be a consensus on whether the SA jeans are slim or straight, and I can't find a pair of slim at the moment to compare the fit. I thought if someone could confirm that the straight was SA I would feel better about dropping $750 on jeans haha. I appreciate everyone's input!

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

Im a huge TF fan and a big denim guy. TF makes exceptional stuff but I definitely would not pay full retail for their denim. It’s well made and I do like it but that’s more of a branding price compared to other top notch denim. Even some of the best Japanese Raw denim in the world costs way less than TF charges.

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Basically, today’s post is threefold and covers some garments worn by our favourite Quartermaster Ben Whishaw aka Q. First of all the acknwoledgements: thanks to my dear friend Zulfi @006 without whom the final piece would have been hard to confirm.

1 – Percival navy corduroy overshirt

Worn during the third act/plane scene this navy corduroy overshirt is described as “Overshirt, a shirt for over another shirt. A shacket. A shirt come jacket. A mens overshirt or shirt for whomever wants to wear it, and wear it they may. This could be a hobby shirt, a DIY shirt, a workshirt a WFH shirt. A muscle shirt? Maybe not that last one. But what you do in your ever so nice Percival deep navy cord shirt is up to you. Could even be a lazy shirt.”

Surprsingly still available and for a good price (https://www.percivalclo.com/products/overshirt-navy-cord). Button stance which does not arrive till the end, buttons, single breast pocket and cirved pocket match the pictures from dvd/Making of NTTD book

2 – Alexander Olch ‘Lighthouse’ light blue/pink-ish linen tie

Worn during the lab scene with M and Tanner. Not much info on this piece is available, just that it was from 2019 collection. You can notice the brown label when Q turns towards M quitting the lab. Described of Alexander Olch’s Facebook pages as “Stripes are layered beneath cascading contrast yarns in our exciting new Lighthouse design. Special mixes of fine linen (the technical term is melange yarns) weave over and under each other to create a sense of depth, subtle texture, and hints of color.” Very interesting the same brand has been used for both Q and Bond, like BC was used for Bond’s shirt and Q’s other tie.

On a side note, the same tie with a different colour scheme was worn by actor Paul Rudd while promoting Avengers: Endgame at Graham Norton show (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpkAntnRAL4

3 – Church’s ‘McPherson’ brogue shoes

Thanks to Zulfi and his contact I’ve been able to confirm the model. While not official brand agreement has been signes, we all know Church’s has been the favourite shoes brand of the leading man from GE to QoS. The McPherson model used in the movie – which should be from 2019 collection and slightly different in colour compared to the current model – is a brogue derby with very distinctive metal eyelets and rubber commando sole similar to Timberland’s boots.  

https://www.church-footwear.com/it/it/men/style/derbys/products.Derby_in_Pelle_Pieno_Fiore_Highland.EEC301_9FQ_F0AAR_F_000000.html

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Great work Mattia🧐👍

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Fantastic as usual!

• sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent

incredible work @Mattia De Varti

edited March 2022

Thanks @The Domino Effect and @sruzgar , these were some pretty amazing pieces to find must admit

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I have just received my Anderson & Sheppard short-sleeved Henley. Although awfully expensive, they've used a gorgeous linen that looks and feels lovely and I am very much looking forward to wearing it. It was quite an indulgent splurge that I have questioned myself over making a number of times since ordering it, but now that I have it in my grubby little hands, I have no regrets at all. It is beautiful. Incidentally, the A&S website says to allow 8-10 weeks for receipt. I ordered mine on January 6 and it took about 14 weeks to reach me.

• misssteelemisssteele Posts: 18MI6 Agent

I’ve been looking for a while to find the swimming costume Madeleine wears when she transitions from young to old Madeleine and appears in Italy.

After slowing down the frame rate of her swimming, we can see that she wears a gingham costume with a lower than usual, squared cut back. The front of the costume also definitely has a tie of some sort in the same material across the bust and the straps over the arms are of a runched fabric.

After countless hours of searching, I’m certain I have found the correct swimsuit. It was released in 2019, a black and white seersucker material, made by Solid and Striped and it’s called the Ellery. Sold out almost everywhere, RRP was approx £150 - I have managed to get hold of a new one however, pictured below. Hope this helps someone! 👙

Karla

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent

Wow. Great discovery Karla. I think Mattia will be envious haha!

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent

Tony Dalton/Lalo Salamanca from Better Call Saul wearing the RGT Jacket

great work misssteele, really hard to identify that piece, have you contacted Solid & Striped and asked for confirmation?

Oh I'm not envious at all, been through so much work lately that I've not focused myself too much on IDs . Good work @misssteele though as Bond_Ambitions suggested it could be worth checking with them.

Pattern seems OK, the white squares stand out as the swimsuit is soaked in water. But checking the 4k version to me it still remains blue or navy. Have you checked if they had a navy version as well? And to completely check all the details, I don't seem to distinguish the sewing all along the straps in Madeleine's

• bondfan10bondfan10 Posts: 79MI6 Agent

Lighting is kind of tricky here, but is it the same tan color?

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Yeah I think it is. Also noticed it on mid season finale

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • misssteelemisssteele Posts: 18MI6 Agent

Re: swimsuit - thanks for the comments. It was only available in baby pink and black. Dependant on light, looking at owner’s tagged photos on S&S’s IG page it does sometimes appear navy. I also received this email back this evening in response to mine, which had 4K images from the film attached asking whether it was theirs.

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

Bennett Winch SC Holdall back in stock on Marrkt for £350

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

Green one sold, but they have the blue canvas and brown leather versions in stock.

thanks for ther alert, I really like the concept of the BW Holdall but am I the only one who thinks that the bag would look much better with two leather straps around it? (similar to the j crew weekender). The sewn on handles make it look a bit cheap, at least for something that retails for £765

edited July 2022

Christies sells some nttd-wardrobe items...some interesting details, would love to get to know the brand of the socks he wears with the tux

https://www.christies.com/search?entry=NO%20TIME%20TO%20DIE&page=1&sortby=relevance&tab=available_lots

After Safin's costume was revealed yesterday as part of the Christie's auction I've digged a bit and found boots and crampons.

Boots are from Arket x Diemme. Black leather and rubber duck boots. 'Designed in collaboration with ARKET, this version of the Diemme Anatra Boot is made from premium leather that has undergone a chrome-free tanning process. The boots are handmade in Italy and features a rounded shell toe, a lace-up closure and a rubber duck boot sole.'

You can noticed the Diemme logo on the side and the writing SUPPORT in the rubber part

As for the crampons they're Musume crampons ice cleats traction snow grips. You can easily find them on Amazon for a reasonable price.

Notice the little arrows which point which way you have to put them on

edited July 2022

Nomi's boots are instead a pair of U.S. military jungle boots. A little battered...

Don't consider the bottom image. First one is the correct

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Great detective work as usual Mattia!

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

Imagine you've also seen this. Paloma's pochette is a Jimmy Choo 'Vivien’ blue liquid velvet clutch bag with deco crystal detail.

Which makes sense cause as I've previously find out Madeleine's black pumps are Jimmy Choo as well

Have you managed to save the socks image? Can't find it today but yesterday saw that

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

Not sure if that would improve look, quite like it ‘clean’ - couple of notes on it - material a bit prone to staining, I’d maybe spray it with fabric protector before use, had a bit of dye transfer from jeans in to it first use. The coat hanger included isn’t super sturdy so I’d use a plastic one if it’s going to be in and out of overhead - speaking of which it seems bigger than what would normally be let on as hand luggage but no one stopped me in four flights so far. Otherwise it’s nice and a good way of keeping suit in shape while travelling.