Bond triple feature in Pennsylvania June 25

FRWL, GOLDFINGER and THUNDERBALL in 35mm Technicolor:

https://mahoningdrivein.ticketleap.com/action-adventure22/details

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,737MI6 Agent

Thanks for sharing that info.

I actually live within reasonable driving distance to the Mahoning Drive-In.

I have never been a fan of the drive-in theater experience but this is a rare opportunity to see three great Connery Bonds projected in 35mm from what are supposed to be excellent IB Technicolor prints. I've never seen a film at the Mahoning Drive-In but I have passed by and can confirm that it is a real deal old time classic drive-in theater and the screen is absolutely huge.

The folks who are putting the show on, Exhumed Films are great. Some years ago Exhumed Films was using an old single screen theater in South Jersey for their programming (primarily horror and cult films) and they did a great job. If this was happening in an indoor theater, I'd do my best to be there.

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,737MI6 Agent
    edited June 2022

I'm a big Thunderball fan and IMO, ( Thunderball was the first Bond film shot in wide screen 'scope 2.39 to 1 aspect ratio) really benefits from seeing it on a big screen. The reality is, the best way to see any Bond film is on a big screen in a proper theater. If I were King of the World I would have all the Bond films remastered for 60th Anniversary film festivals in IMAX or Dolby Cinemas. 😎😀

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

did anybody attend this event?

did anybody drive up in an Aston, Lotus or Bentley?

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

Yeah, it was a good time! Lee Pfeiffer (co-author of The Essential Bond) was also there, and some collectors who set up their vintage poster and lobby card displays in the lobby.