Church's Ryder III

Are these still being made? I have been waiting for them to come back in stock on a few websites for a while now and haven't seen restock anywhere. Anyone have an idea where I can get a new pair in the brown from QoS in a 10.5UK?

Thanks!

Comments

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

I bought direct from Church’s a couple of years ago. From recollection a bit hard to get into contact I sent an email and messaged on Instagram. I didn’t hear back for a while but then was contacted. As to purchasing I had to transfer money to their account.

I’m very pleased with them I then bought the C& J Moltons was concerned might be too similar but they’re both great.

the service from C&J far better I’ve bought several pairs and they’re a pleasure to deal with.

Anthony
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent

Herring Shoes still sells the Ryders. Not much stock there at the moment but I'd send an email inquiring about restocks.

Thats where I bought mine from WAY back and service and shipping were great to Canada.

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

I have found that communication with Church’s both stateside and overseas has been a fools errand. I have a pair with the crepe sole I’m trying to get reconditioned/resoled, etc. They will not return emails or calls, sadly.

As far as purchasing them new, you may get lucky to find a pair through members here or via Herring Shoes as mentioned above. Could try eBay, Grailed, etc. too. Good luck!

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

I'm not sure what the exact difference is, but the most recent Ryder III model has "LW" added to the title, which I think stands for lightweight. Maybe they're using a different material for the mid-sole? Or a thinner version of the Dainite sole?

The new ones are going for 720GBP on the Church's site. But Farfetch has some sizes for 620GBP

Sorry, AJB isn't letting me post the link for some reason

• 405405 Posts: 119MI6 Agent
    edited June 2022

Thanks for the feedback.

I gave up on waiting for a restock, but I found a very good alternative from Herring Shoes I went with instead. It's a new model and they reference the Church's Ryder in the description. The model from Herring's is called the Herald. Herring's also sells the Ryder III, so I was able to compare the two boots in pictures side by side with the same angles, and the Herald is a very close match in Bitter Chocolate Suede.

Looking forward to getting these! Link below for anyone looking for a good Ryder III alterative.

https://www.herringshoes.co.uk/herring/herald_rubber-soled-chukka-boots/bitter-choc-suede

• Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent

If finding Bond wear wasn't hard enough (what with scalpers, limited runs, timed releases, etc), now we have supply chain issues to contend with too

• CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent

Great looking alternative; thanks for sharing, 405. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought the Herald was simply a rebranded Ryder.

I edit, therefore I am.
  • GomersGomers Posts: 61MI6 Agent

Apologies for resurrecting this but has anybody any idea why the Ryder III now costs £870 ? 😯

• explore007explore007 Posts: 195MI6 Agent

Does seem a lot, I bought mine in 2019 for £217 from Matches Fashion!!

• GomersGomers Posts: 61MI6 Agent

That's a great price, think I paid £335 ish for mine from Herrings, must be 12 yrs ago I reckon. Was just tootling about on Herrings yesterday and couldn't believe what they were asking, had a look on Church today and yep, Eight Hundred and Seventy Quid 🤑

• ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent

😱😱 Crazy prices. I got my pair in TK Maxx some years back for £149.99 💥

Yes. Considerably!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

Think I paid £499 for my last pair a couple of years back (from van mildert I think). Had a pair and bought these to store and use in future.

Original pair are doing great tho. So...

If anyone wants a pair message me as I bought the 2 and hence have a boxed unworn pair of the original dark brown / dainite sole in uk 8.5 that I would let go.

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

Shocked at the dramatic price jump.

I, meanwhile have a new in box pair size UK 11G (around 12US Wide) that I have been meaning to sell. US based. I'll have to get around to listing it next month after my vacation.

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

😎🍸

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent

Insane pricing. I wonder how many they sell at that price. I bought a pair in 2003 and they were about £120, bought a new pair in 2008 about £295 both from Churches. Their customer service, and sometimes staff, leave a LOT to be desired. The herrings look no different unless you are going for a Cosplay/SA look, but for the additional £500 you'd be better off spending it seeing a shrink

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Just looked on Church's website and yep, can't believe that price! Great shoes but not worth that IMHO.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent

Fantastic option. These boots are made for Herring by Cheaney. A great company that has been my go-to brand for shoes for the past several years. In 2009 Jonathan and William Church bought the company (Cheaney) after they sold Church's to Prada. So you could even say that these boots are more "Church" than the actual Church's nowadays.

1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent

$1,200 for a pair of Church's LOL that is insane!

I know where you keep your gun!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Jesus. Just found my email from Herring Shoes back in 2015. £234 delivered

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

I got mine a couple of years ago and from memory around £450

Anthony
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent

I bought a pair a few years ago off of eBay that were basically brand new for $325 so $1,200 is obscene for those boots!

I know where you keep your gun!