Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent

Let's say I felt you were exagerating somewhat and I wanted to join you. 😁

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

I wasn’t exaggerating.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    edited October 2022

"Freedom of speech has now been eradicated, anyone with opposing views are **** down imediately".

Yes, you were exagerating. Are you aware the British PM recently had to resign because many used their freedom of speech? Playboy still exists, Infowars still exists, I read a communist newspaper ever weekend, the BBC just made a documentary series where travel around the US interviewing Louis Theroux meets leaders of the new far right (including one young man who's against boring rights for women). There is obviously room for opposing views. I'm not saying "woke" culture can be problematic and freedom of speech can't in som cases be limited by this, but the West is still defined by free speech. Unfortunately PC thinking isn't the only obstacle against free speech. The day before the Oslo Pride march an extreme muslim opened fire against a pub frequented by gay people and killed two. Especially if you're female and/or immigrant and state your opponions in public you will get harrassed online. You're probably aware of the Nobel peace prize winner in your own country and the problems she faces when it comes to free speech. There are many challenges when it comes to free speech, wokism is far from the only one, but generally speaking free speech in the West is alive and well.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Indeed, and I recommend our PM feature as an excellent way to exercise such free speech away from the eyes of others. πŸ™‚

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent

Working my way through the box set of Mission Impossible the TV Series. I thought it amazing that in

The series 3 two part story The Bunker. They invented the drone !

To get a drug to a trapped scientist they made a small disc powered by several small propellers that would

fly via remote control through the air condition system.

"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited July 2022

I watched an episode of Mark Felton Productions on YouTube about drones in WWII. The US made and used killer drones against the Japanese near the end of the war! The first miltary drones were made, but not used operationally, in WWI.

edited July 2022

I was searching for ages for the Prime Minister feature and I can’t find it!! πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

Ah yes, we're currently looking for a new one. 😁

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent

I had never heard of this woke thing until I came to the UK. It is a constant source of amusement for me at how people can support much of the nonsense that comes with it, but I suppose it is a western european culture thing of which I cannot understand.

I looked at the Chubby Brown story and got him on You Tube. I must say I would never enjoy his act, in fact I could not really understand much of what he was saying but I definitely heard the constant use of very bad language. Should he be banned because (according to the BBC web site) 61 people signed a petition?

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,172MI6 Agent

No, he shouldn't.

edited July 2022

While canceling that show was wrong and one should be critical of sort of attitudes behind the canceling, I feel wokism has become a buzz word for any liberal/left thought one dislikes. A bit like the way some on the left do with the word "fascist". It's not productive. Just like we should be mindful of some people's tendency to want to ban everything they don't like, we should try to avoid labeling any feminist or anti-racist politics as "woke" and then procede to hate it.

Peace, man. 😊

While I agree with some of your points, I must say that a lot of people seem to proudly say they are woke. I read about the concept of woke some time ago when I first began to see and hear about it. It was like an alien thing to me (and still is). It is only my point of view of course but I believe the original concep (I believe from America)t has been hijacked by people who wanted to turn it into some thing it was really never intended to be.

We're not getting in to politics here but speaking about a system which has had such an impact on the west. You don't see it any where else.

Live and let die man! πŸ˜‚

I see 'The Saint' is being shown on Talking Picture TV. I think I've seen all the episodes before. My favourite was one about a man who dressed up as a gladiator. I can't remember the title but I think it was something like 'The Man Who Liked Lions'. it was supposed to be in Rome

edited July 2022

I’ve seen clips of Chubby Brown’s shows - he is not to my taste. I enjoy a good old fashioned ribald joke, but for me, Chubby takes it too far, but anyone who enjoys his humour should be allowed to go and see it without interference from a bunch of town councillors acting as censors. Forty years ago the Monty Python movie Llfe Of Brian was cancelled by many town authorities, so it’s nothing particularly new, but in a so-called free country anyone should be able watch, read or listen to anything within the laws of the country without interference. The problem is that when one thing is cancelled it moves onto the next thing and it’s like a snowball rolling down a hill, it gets bigger and faster and unstoppable. Which was my point, the rot has set in and will consume everything in its path, so as @Number24 says, Playboy is still being published, but for how long?

These are my last thoughts in this subject, I will not be posting any more.

Incidentally, @Number24 and myself chat regularly by PM, and although we may have differences of opinion over certain subjects, we have become good friends over the past few years and long may it continue.

It is just my point of view of course but I think it has come to the point where people claim they are 'offended' with some thing they don't like (and have not even seen it) simply because they know 'offence' will get it banned. And that is where it goes wrong. Minority dictating to others. This Chubby Brown person is terrible from what I have seen of him but if people want to see him then that is their business.

Coolhandbond I am glad you get on with Number24 I really did not think he had any friends on AJB! Himself and I also change PM but it is always messages of hate! He hates me because he is jealous of my looks and I hate him because, well, he deserves it!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

The weather in the UK is very hot and it is forcast to continue that way.

I think Barbel will be suffering in the heat as I saw that the temperature in Scotland has been reaching 2 degrees centigrade - and to make matters worse it has stopped raining!

N24, CHB, and I chat by PM or email very frequently and long may that continue! I'm jealous of 24's good looks and CHB is jealous cos I'm younger than him. πŸ˜‰

Everybody’s younger than me, Barbel πŸ˜‚

I must extend my sympathy if you are jealous of Number24's looks! He sent me a photograph of himself and I must admit it has been very useful. I have taped it to my front door to keep unwanted visitors away!

I have had no post since though?!

All we need now is for Number24 to say he is 'offended' and demand that the posts are removed!!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

CHB and I are friends om PMs, but we usually avoid politics. This is because we both think we're right, but I really am right and I simply avoid the subject to spare him the humiliation. 😎

I'm actually relieved that Joshua doesn't find me attractive. I feel safer now ..... 😁

Yes, we're all really confused by the current weather!

Number24 wrote "I'm actually relieved that Joshua doesn't find me attractive. I feel safer now ....."

I am offended by this and have written to Barbel to have him banned and all his posts removed!

Barbel has just replied that while he is looking for a way to get rid of N24, apparently N24 has some photographs of Barbel which he has threatened to send to the newspapers?!

I think we will just have to endure N24s presence until the photographs and the negatives are recovered!

I told Thunderpussy that those were our little secret and he wasn't to show them to anyone! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

"When moderators fear their members, there is liberty. When members fear their moderators, there is tyrany"

- No real Jefferson quote sounds even vaguely like this, but we live by it anyway!

edited July 2022

You will never find the photos I cleverly hid next to my smalahove recipie. No-one ever looks there!

Despite N24 being very gullible (he believes every “scientific” report that he can dredge up that supports his theories) he’s a very nice fellow and I won’t hear a word against him πŸ˜‰

People may well have photographic evidence against Barbel, but I have recorded evidence of him playing the James Bond Theme on his guitar 😁

I won't hear a word against CHB (unless it's descretely posted to me in a PM. Scientific proof that he is wrong is extra welcome).

Just as long as every one at AJB realises I am right about every thing all the time then we will all get along very well!

It is difficult being perfect, but I manage it.

DO NOT TELL MY WIFE I SAID THIS!