Mason & Sons - Customer Service

I recently had a terrible experience with Mason & Sons. They seem to have gone downhill quite a bit in the last few months which is shocking given the high bar of customer service and care that they previously had.

Just wondering if this was perhaps a one off or if anyone else is feeling frustrated and let down by how they have been treated by M&S?

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I have made two purchases from them within the past six months or so (a shirt and a jacket) and the experience on both occasions was perfect. The items are superb, the communication and service excellent, and I was very happy all around. I am sorry for the problems you had and really do hope that it was just a one off.

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

I’ve had the same. Nine years of perfect service on my suits, but my last few orders have not gone well. Kinda put me off so I went elsewhere. I used to buy a lot of their shirts too, but I can get Turnbull and Asser for less now, so I don’t buy them either. It’s a shame as I liked dealing with them.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • TR007TR007 Posts: 22MI6 Agent

It’s interesting to hear two opposing opinions here. While I’m glad to hear that things went swimmingly with @The Domino Effect it sounds like @Asp9mm had an experience quite similar to my own.

I used to love shopping with them but they messed up more than once with my orders this year and never made any communication informing me of delays or order errors. I had to chase them up quite a few times and when I finally emailed to express my disappointment with them I was met with silence. It really makes me want to shop elsewhere. I just wish they had the professionalism to communicate properly with their customers.

I think I’ve been let down at least three times over the last three years. Beginning before covid. And once even before that, but I’ll let that go as they made good and sent a gift to appease me. I’ve had massive delays, no updates, silence and even a jacket that was so badly pressed and stitched around the collar that it’s impossible to fix without taking the whole collar apart and starting again due to the excess material causing it.. Sadly I only noticed this a few months down the road and stupidly let it slide. I called it a day and had refunds on the last couple of orders. They’ve got some nice stuff in the pipeline, but I can’t be doing with any hassle. It’s put me off big time. Good people they are too, I guess things have gotten on top of them recently.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

That's all such a shame and very disappointing. My last purchase was a blazer that I knew would be made to order. I was advised of the timing when I placed the order and while it was quite a long wait, I was happy to go ahead with it. In the end it arrived about a week shy of the long estimate. The shirt I ordered just before they removed their 'more affordable' shirts from the website. It shipped the day after I placed my order.

• urhashurhash USPosts: 983MI6 Agent

I’ve had mistakes happen on some of my recent orders, although in my experience they’ve been communicative and also willing to correct/replace anything that was done incorrectly.

• ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent

Have they had some changes recently, I think (and could easily be incorrect) but I think Curry and Paxton are now a separate company??

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

I’m very happy with them. I’ve been buying gear from them since 2017 when we were in London and I had measurements taken. This year I’ve bought 3 suits so far and all been great. Elliot sends me me swatches and makes up my suits from the Bond films.

I’ve bought a couple of sports coats 1 a midnight blue hopsack another black tweed both fantastic.

Sad to see others haven’t received same service .

Anthony
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

This is sad to hear...I do hope if these experiences involve D or E that your last sentiment is correct as I have had several years of what I considered over and above service. I note that I have always had the luxury of collecting orders in person though.

Still I would always have happily sung M&S praises. They did go through quite an expansion on the website that seems to have all been rolled back over the last year.

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

Last time I dealt with M&S was pre-covid (2019) and service was exceptional here in the US. Sad to hear people have had less than stellar experiences.

I've been considering inquiring about a made to measure jacket from them soon. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but have the bad experiences been with a specific product and in a specific country? 🤔

• TR007TR007 Posts: 22MI6 Agent

They still haven’t replied to my most recent email. It’s falling as they do seem to be active on social media but are more interested in selling cars now than maintaining a strong relationship with their current sartorial client base.

That’s exactly what it seems like. They’ve lost interest in the sartorial side and are more focussed on high end cars.

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

No matter what it seems, this is truly not the case. They've branched out, but tailored clothes are still their number one focus. I am disappointed to see that they have not been responding to some people's emails. I and other people I know have been making appointments with them without any trouble this summer. I must say that I am confused about the inconsistencies here.

Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Agreed . Also pretty much all the suits they’ve made for me have been based on Matt’s articles and all been fantastic

Anthony