Interest Check: Daniel Craig's Private White V.C. Rainrider Jacket

sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent

I have been talking with Private White V.C. on doing a limited run of their blue suede Rainrider Jacket worn by Daniel Crag. We first saw him wear this back in April 2019 and more recently several times leaving the stage door at MACBETH on broadway.

The jacket has long since sold out but they would be willing to do a limited run of these for us, the cost would be RRP £1795, with an exclusive 20% off (with code) on a pre-order basis. Please let me know if this would be of interest to anyone here?

Comments

• sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    edited July 2022

This limited edition Jacket is now available to pre-order on the Private White V.C. website:

If you follow @whatsdanielwearing on Instagram there is an exclusive 20% OFF code.

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent

Good on you for getting this done! Seriously, not a lot of companies would be open to this.

Now do the Belstaff Patterson in black please! 😁

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    edited July 2022

Yeah, well done @sruzgar. PWVC is one of my fave manufacturers. Own a couple of things from them. I find the quality of the garments second to none. All the best, S

...a brother from Sydney
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

Do PWVC really not have a size guide?

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

Nice jacket, but it works out to $3000 here in Canada. This doesn't include shipping, duty and taxes either.

That is an outrageous price for a jacket.

The JV SPectre jacket which looks similar and was made from goat skin as well retailed for a third of that price.

Pussy Galore: β€œMy name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: β€œI must be dreaming.”

That page should have a size guide as they've made that jacket only recently (in another colour). I flicked them a message so will see if the website updates. I've also heard in numerous that they can tweak sleeve lengths and things without much fuss, which is something to consider for those like me that can find themselves between sizes.

Certainly not a cheap piece, but I would definitely not call it outrageous, as from what I have seen via their content (and experienced first hand from purchases), the quality is there. They've been fairly open about they manufacture to a level of quality which at face value can seem unnecessary (to some) I bet they'd tell you where the suede was sourced and what the names of the cutters and makers were if that was important to some.

Hopefully there are a few guys (with the means and an interest in British-made product like DC) who will pick one of these up. I sound like a defender and I am, but just as a fan. I feel these guys are the furthest thing from price gougers in the space, and the probably just pay their workers 'a decent wage'. All the best.

...a brother from Sydney

Their sizing is their unique (don't do this companies) number system 2-7 that relates to the arbitrary xs,s,m,l,xl....with no real idea on what those dimensions are. one companies M is often not anothers...and I cannot for life of me see an explainer in FAQs or elsewhere to flesh that out.

I did/do want to pick one up but I hate purchasing limited editions when you can't tell the size as by their nature very hard to exchange sizes if you get it wrong if it sells out, which has stung me before.

fwiw looks like an amazing quality piece and this is just a process gripe.

I have reached out to them about the lack of a size chart on the website and will report back if I hear anything.

Its definitely not a cheap jacket but as @Snorpley stated Im sure its extremely high quality.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    YNWA 97
    edited July 2022

Well that was fast!

@Royale-les-Eaux is right in that the atypical sizing system requires a bit of reading into. The lower, garment sizing chart is always more reliable (I should be a 38 to 40 but have been a '2'(36) in the safari jacket and 2 casual button down shirts I've purchased from PWVC). I'd definitely not hesitate to contact the company with specific questions and have always received warm responses.

@sruzgar I don't think it would be stretching your friendship with PWVC(?) to see if they could post a basic instagram reel showing someone(it's usually the owner, James) trying on the (currently available to purchase) suede racer jacket (which I think should be an identical fit) in a couple of different sizes. Followers of the brand would see that he often introduces upcoming collections in this way. Just a thought!

...a brother from Sydney

That size chart has always been on their website πŸ‘€

I really should visit their factory as it’s only 20 mins away πŸ™ˆπŸ€£

YNWA 97

maybe so, but as per screen shot it wasn't on the rainmaker page on safari, chrome or Firefox until after @sruzgar's comments and you only seem to be able to access as a pop up from product pages rather than having a universal footer or FAQ entry point. Issue does replicate across other, random items, so maybe it's just a function that has to be enabled manually hence delay. Still, nothing serious, a UX failure that is and was easily fixed. Given its unusual nature they could maybe add it into their about us.

Next time though I'll just politely enquire if you can pop round and ask! 😁

Was it not? πŸ€” that’s odd because I visited their site before I’d even seen the posts on here 🀷🏻‍♂️

Ah well, it’s not exactly that important - maybe I should pop over and try one on and report back 😁

YNWA 97

I shall have to see if I can get there, last time I checked viewing was by appointment only - and that cuts my time down considerably 😞

YNWA 97

It does say that but the stakes a pretty high here πŸ˜‚ so I think PWVC would be delighted to have you. I watched a YouTube vid where some chaps had just rocked up in their car and motorcycle and got a full factory tour and personal fitting from the company’s owner. Pretty cool.

will that said, an email sent ahead of your (maybe) visit would not go astray. All the best! S.

...a brother from Sydney

Unfortunately PWVC are only open whilst I’m at work - and they don’t open weekends 🀷🏻‍♂️

YNWA 97
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

I was lucky to grab one of these from eBay when it was first spotted a few years back. Its a great jacket - prefer it to the JV and Co. You guys will love it

Instagram - bondclothes007

@Sir Miles that's a shame!

@welshboy78 jammy! Great info though, cant wait to finally get one of these.

• danlovescarsdanlovescars Posts: 19MI6 Agent

Hmmm, I have the JV jacket. That’s the only reason I’m not getting one. Also, it’s hot year round here, so I don’t get enough wear out of the jackets I have.

Its hot year round here too but this limited edition jacket is too good to pass up for me :)

We have about a week left to get orders in and then they go into production.

• knoxj3knoxj3 Posts: 146MI6 Agent

Thinking about ordering but still not sure about sizing. Will probably wear it unzipped so thinking about going for a medium instead of a large.

Orders are going to be sent to production this week so if you were thinking about ordering the limited edition now is the time :)

Just received mine today did anyone else here get one in the end? Gorgeous jacket buttery soft and fits perfectly

So good to hear, man. I’m keen to see some pics from the guys on here if they wanna share them. I didn’t go in for this one but love the few pieces of PWVC stuff I own. Congrats on the purchase.

...a brother from Sydney