Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• original_Mark_Hazardoriginal_Mark_Hazard Posts: 2MI6 Agent

I only recently realised that AJB007 was still here, sadly couldn't sign in using my old name as you must have had a revamp since I lest posted and someone else has nicked my name, so have come back as the "original-Mark_Hazard".

I don't think I'll be posting as much as I used to do

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,058Chief of Staff

That's a shame, it'd be good to hear from you- eg, your thoughts on NTTD.

Yes, we've had a revamp. This was necessary for technical reasons.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    edited July 2022

Welcome back, @original_Mark_Hazard. I remember you well from the old days of AJB and we used to have some good literary Bond discussions back then, around the 2003-2005 mark. Sadly I think most of those posts of mine, save a few from 2005 which survived, have long since passed into the ether. The result of forum upgrades, no doubt. After that I was away a long time from AJB too before returning to more regular posting in 2012.

It's a pity you can't sign in under your old account. Perhaps it was my recent reply to you on Facebook about the Avante Carte credit card promotional item which came with John Gardner’s Scorpius that brought you back to AJB. If so, I'm glad. Good to see you back with us again. 🙂

Edit: I know there is a member called @Mark_Hazard and one called @markhazard but your old account called @Mark Hazard is still in existence here at AJB and was last signed into in May 2017. Signing into it again would mean remembering your password but it is still there are least.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent

Indeed, a coup took place and the old guard got kicked out by a bunch of young idealists. Sudden and shocking. All political discussion banned. 😎

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent

Didn't Anthony Burgess turn that into a film script? 🙂

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • original_Mark_Hazardoriginal_Mark_Hazard Posts: 2MI6 Agent

I only recently realised that AJB007 was still here, sadly couldn't sign in using my old name as you must have had a revamp since I lest posted and someone else has nicked my name, so have come back as the "original-Mark_Hazard".

I don't think I'll be posting as much as I used to do, but will pop in every now and again when I have time, to see what's happening.

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters

Testing one, two, three

Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters

I assure you...no one's more surprised than I am.

Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • fire and icefire and ice EarthPosts: 149MI6 Agent

Back again just looked at my profile it appears I have not been on here for over a year, time is going quickly.

'...exceptionally fine shot...'

Thank you Dragonpol, site looks as though its had another upgrade since I was last here?

I think the last main upgrade to new software (Vanilla, like MI6 Community uses) was in March 2021 though there has been some small cosmetic changes since then to optimise the site experience for members.

I may have forgotten seeing the upgrade last time, nonetheless i like the look of the site, it's a shame its not busier.

Yes, the site looks better than ever. I too wish it was busier. I'm not exactly sure why it has been quieter over this last while but there is still a loyal membership of regulars who keep the site afloat, not forgetting the work of our sterling mods.

...one of whom thanks you, @Silhouette Man and says welcome back @fire and ice ! 🙂

I'm off for some leave, and will be in beautiful Germany for a while.

Thanks to the wonders of technology I'll still look in from time to time, of course.

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,033MI6 Agent

Enjoy your trip, Barbel.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    edited October 2022

Have a good trip, Barbel. 🙂

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,178MI6 Agent

Have fun - don't forget to come back

Thanks for the kind thoughts, guys. No, Gymkata, I didn't see Higgins this time, and chrisno1 here I am! 😁

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

It wasn't the same without you, Barbel. For starters, George Lazenby has been replaced as Bond by that guy from The Saint...

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,178MI6 Agent

Hope you had a good holiday. 😎

Yes, excellent, thank you. And TDE, there's an Imaginary Conversation in that....

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent

I don't know how long it is since I last visited AJB but I am here to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (I know this is early!)

It has been a hard time for me as I have been ill and I have had no interest in coming on to the internet at all but, despite the best efforts of my illness, it has not killed me (yet!)! Anyway, enough of that. I don't know when I will visit again but I am still interested in James Bond and when I feel more up to it will return to the forum again more regularly (that, of course if I have not been banned in for being absent without leave in the mean time!)

Have a good and safe Christmas my friends.

Best wishes, Joshua, and if you're not back here by then a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    edited December 2022

Merry Christmas, Joshua. And I hope your health improves soon. Why don't you read "Snowfall", the Christmas-themed Bond story Barbel, CHB are writing? The first chapter will be posted on Sunday. 😀

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,033MI6 Agent

Hope you’re feeling better, Joshua, and a merry Christmas to you and yours.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Sending you best wishes and compliments of the season, @Joshua Hope you're feeling better soon.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Sorry to hear that you're ill, @Joshua. I hope you feel better soon. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2023 in the meantime! 🙂