Last film seen...

Comments

• The BaronThe Baron Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    I just saw Old School. Its was an ok movie for me up to the point when they were recruiting new pledges for the frat. Master of Puppets !!!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Just watched Hellboy and really enjoyed it. Nothing spectacular, but it was entertaining and has quite a few laughs in it - it would be nice to see a sequel.
    YNWA 97
  • largo_7largo_7 PalmyraPosts: 24MI6 Agent
    I saw Matchstick Men recently and enjoyed it for the most part. Nic Cage isn't my one of my favorite actors but he plays a pretty tough role well.
  • SPECTRENumber1SPECTRENumber1 L.O.Posts: 75MI6 Agent
    i saw Reservior Dogs recently. It was very good.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    I saw I, Robot at the cinema yesterday. Quite a decent film. The story makes you think, and the effects are wonderful! Also, Will Smith was brilliant!
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    I just watched Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - again :) Oh and Gothika again. :)

Michelle Yeoh is fantastic opposite Chow Yun Fat, and Halle Berry is much better in Gothika than I think she is likely to be in Catwoman.
  • BestBondSeanBestBondSean A Bavarian in CornwallPosts: 108MI6 Agent
    mhmm Catwoman..... candidate for the turkey award i think.... nothing to do with Selina Kyle..
    something rather funny: Sharon Stone is the villain, and has a special cream which she applies to make her go stiff!!!!!!!!!!!
    (I don't think i want to know what that means )
    anybody who knows, enlighten me :-)

last film i watched in the Cinema was Spiderman 2,
    thought it was marginally better than the first one, both good if nothing special.
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    In the cinema:
    I,robot - really enjoyed this, i expected something full of "atitude" but instead it was pretty interesting, mature and well thought about

At home:
    The Bourne Identity - I loved this film and it's made it's way into my top 10 already. The whole storyline is gripping, gritty and realistic. Also it's anti-hollywood presence is reassuring..
  • MAHOMAHO Posts: 95MI6 Agent
    Quoting Alex:

Which Callahan was your fav? :)

And as for the Pam Grier festival, try Friday Foster (with Yaphet Kotto!) - or the Big Doll House Or Arena Or any of 'em, Pam rocks!

I'd chose either one of the three first, maybe The Enforcer.

Of your Grier suggestions, I saw Big Doll House at a local DVD shop but opted for not buying it, as apparently Grier is not really in it for the whoole film through, right?

Foxy Brown rocks!

---
    jfm
  • omegaomega Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Last night at home I watched Livewire, which I've seen before.
    Cinema, Laws of Attraction, I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it very funny.
    I love the LOTR trilogy, Gollom is great.
    I want to see The Passion, Farenhiet 911, I Robot, Thunderbirds and Garfield.
    When I go to bed I'll be watching Die Another Day.
    Take care and enjoy
    Omega
  • KhanKhan Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    The League of Extraordinary Gentleman. It's an impressive DVD with incredible picture quality. It is highly entertaining, and in his mid-seventies Sir Sean that he is still the grandest of all action movie heroes. I definitely recommend this film.
  • Hugo DraxHugo Drax Leeds, United Kingdom.Posts: 210MI6 Agent
    Jackie Brown. I'm not a Tarantino fan, but this never fails to crack me up. And the 70s music just seals the deal. :)
  • NAOMI_FAN 1NAOMI_FAN 1 Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    edited August 2004
    I recently watched Morituri on DVD, after FINALLY finding it! What a great film! Yul Brenner and Marlon Brando are brilliant, and I loved Janet Margolin in this!
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Today I watched my beat up videotape of The Wonderful World Of The Brothers Grimm with Lawrence Harvey, Barbara Eden, and Terry Nichols. Grand flick made in the tradition of the big hearted family movies of the early sixties. They don't make them like this anymore.
    I'm going to see Reservior Dogs tonight again on Spike TV.
    I watched The Chronicles Of Riddick last night - it's pretty awful. They must have paid Dame Judy Dench a bucket load of cash to appear in it !
    YNWA 97
    Zardoz.

Enough said.

---
    jfm
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    I just saw the German Film Goodbye, Lenin!, and I absolutely loved it. It came out in theaters in June, but it's available on DVD now. The actors all give great performances, especially the actor playing Alex whose name I have temporarily forgotten.
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
    Finding Nemo! :D
    Quoting scaramanga1:

I've seen it several times. It's just as good every time.

"Now what?"

---
    jfm
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    edited August 2004
    Well it was time for a switch movie. So I watched a film written by Ed Wood last night. It's called Orgy Of The Dead and it was made a couple of years after Goldfinger.

In Wood's film, (directed by AC Stephens and starring Criswell the Incredible and Ghoulita the Ghoulish Goddess of the Undead) we see a woman in a gold cauldron, Shirley Eaton style.

Only by Wood :D (now where'd I put my angora sweater)
    Finally got around to watching One Hour Photo, really enjoyed it - thought Robin Williams was excellent. Looking forward to more straight-acting roles from him.
    YNWA 97
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    Quoting MAHO:
    Quoting MAHO:
    Quoting scaramanga1:

I've seen it several times. It's just as good every time.

"Now what?"

---
    jfm

D'you know it was my last one too ... before that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Monsters Inc and Thunderbirds ... hmmm, I think my children have far too much control over my television! :D
  • TheSaintTheSaint Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    edited August 2004
    Stuck on a plane with The Prince and Me, I believe it was called. Wisconsin girl falls in love with the Crown Prince of Denmark. Which is tolerable given it's simplistic Hollywood fare, but København looked just like Praha (Prague) for some reason.

Did the film-makers think we were that dumb? Then again, Bond has substituted cities (e.g. Vienna doubling for Bratislava) but this one just got to me.
    Watched Mystic River last night, a moving film with some fantastic performances from Sean Penn and Tim Robbins. This film was directed by Clint Eastwood. My only problem was the end - it seemed to have an extra ten minutes added that weren't needed.
    Last night, I saw Dog Day Afternoon. It was very good. It was a bank robbery that was only supposed to be a half-hour but turned into a ten hour hostage situation. Al Pacino, Joe Cazale, and James broderick were all excellent. It was extremely suspenseful and it was a biting satire and black comedy of the time it was filmed, the '70s. Very good.
  • Hugo DraxHugo Drax Leeds, United Kingdom.Posts: 210MI6 Agent
    Quoting scaramanga1:
    Watched Mystic River last night, a moving film with some fantastic performances from Sean Penn and Tim Robbins. This film was directed by Clint Eastwood. My only problem was the end - it seemed to have an extra ten minutes added that weren't needed.

That's a wonderful film. I was surprised really because judging on the films I've seen, the actors who have become directors should have thought twice before making the crossover.

Last film I saw was The Bourne Supremacy on Wednesday. I highly recommend it.
    Last night I watched The Exorcist on the Sci-fi Channel. I couldn't get through it. Not because it was scary, because it was SO boring!
    Watched Alien Vs Predator last night - it's okay. Pretty much what you would expect.
    YNWA 97
  • NAOMI_FAN 1NAOMI_FAN 1 Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    Quoting Alex:
    Only by Wood :D (now where'd I put my angora sweater)

Good ol' Ed Wood! The guy actually thought he was a great director! The funny thing is, he was SO bad, he was brilliant!
    Johnny Depp did a great job portraying him on screen too!