Last film seen...

Comments

• jamesbondagent007jamesbondagent007 Divided States of TrumpPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    just saw ladder 49. it was great.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    Just watched Training Day again. Denzl is a good bad guy.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • The BaronThe Baron Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    I recently started collecting the old 80's Ninja movies on DVD . American Ninja was the flick I chose , Michael Dudkioff. Not bad, decent plot. Unlike the usual "defending the honor of my temple " or "revenging my master's death"
  • Stromberg1Stromberg1 Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    I saw Arlington Road, which was overdramatized.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    Arlingtion Road was a creepy movie. For some strange reason I liked it. I don't know why, I just did.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    Just saw part of "Hell Drivers." This is probably the only film where you get a former 007 (Sean Connery) being beat up by John Drake, I mean, Patrick McGoohan. Herbert Lom (best remembered as (former) Chief Inspector Dreyfuss of Pink Panther fame) and the guy who played the original Dr. Who are in it, too.

Not exactly the greatest movie of all time, but it's not too bad. It's about a bunch of truckers who compete against Patrick McGoohan's character to drive over trucks of gravel the fastest. It's better than the description.
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
    Quoting Mr Martini:
    Arlingtion Road was a creepy movie. For some strange reason I liked it. I don't know why, I just did.

Maybe because it ended diffenent than normal movies.
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Just bought my spanking new North And South DVD boxset. I've been waiting to relive the 80s with this - one of the finest miniseries ever made!
    I just watched The Cabinet of Dr Caligari. I never watch silent films and was highly reccomended. All I can say was, Excellent.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
    24 Hour Party People (about Manchester's Factory Records) for the second time, it stands up well. Coogan as record label boss/TV presenter Tony Wilson is really just Alan Partridge, but in spite of this, it is better than expected, with surprisingly moving moments regarding Joy Division, before it all goes uproarious tits-up with the Happy Mondays. Winterbottom's direction is top notch – another Bond contender?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Went to the cinema last night to see De-Lovely...the story of Cole Porter.Not a bad film,regardless of the ctitics.Its great to see the likes of Robbie Williams,Mick Hucknall and Sheryl Crow singing some old classics,all with varying results!! Alanis Morissette was my favourite with Lets Do It.Kevin Kline was excellent...but I would only see it if you like Cole Porter.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    Saw Collateral on Sunday night. Starring Tom Cruise and directed by Michael Mann it's pretty much what I expect of them - a good movie. Not totally happy with the ending though, but a good movie all the same.
    YNWA 97
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Rules of Engagement ... again - and
    blackhawk Down ... again. :)

Oh and FRWL yesterday. :D
  • NAOMI_FAN 1NAOMI_FAN 1 Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    edited October 2004
    STAR CRASH!! (aka STELLA STAR)

I know it's a cheesy take off to capitalize on STAR WARS, but it has some cute Harryhausen-like effects, and ...........drum roll please..................
    :x :x Caroline Munro!! :x :x

(I mean, how could I "NOT" love this film!)
    Liar Liar with Jim Carrey. This guy is one of the funniest ever.
    The People That Time Forgot

With Dana Gillespie in sexy prehistoric cleavage garb, Sarah Douglas in sexy Princess Leia hairstyle, Patrick (Duke Jr.) Wayne, Doug Mclure, two Bond veterans, Shane Rimmer and Milton (the helpful chap in SWLM) Reid. And finally David (Vader) Prowse as the exectutioner!

MGM's "Midnight Movies" has recently released this as a double bill with the first Burroughs adaption, Land That Time Forgot. Exclusive at Best Buy stores and a must for every Sci-Fi horror fantasy fan's collection.
    Watched Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow last night. Really enjoyed it, a bit more could have been done with the robots but on the whole it's good escapism and good fun - and Lord Olivier as the bad guy ? Fantastic !
    It is a bit 1950's-Saturday-morning-serial - but what's wrong with that ? It even reminded me (a bit) of Dead Men Don't wear Plaid - and that can't be bad :D
    YNWA 97
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Quoting Sir Miles:
    Watched Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow last night. Really enjoyed it, a bit more could have been done with the robots but on the whole it's good escapism and good fun - and Lord Olivier as the bad guy ? Fantastic !
    It is a bit 1950's-Saturday-morning-serial - but what's wrong with that ? It even reminded me (a bit) of Dead Men Don't wear Plaid - and that can't be bad :D

Sounds good -will hopefully see it soon. :)
    Kangaroo Jack. Hands down the most annoying movie I saw this year, that what I get when I have watch my nephews.
  • RoebuckRoebuck UKPosts: 25MI6 Agent
    edited October 2004
    Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Dumb movie, but it's good to see a film like this putting real stunt people to the fore of the action and reigning back on computer generated effects.
    Saw The Punisher last night. It's not up to much.
    YNWA 97
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    I saw The Philadelpha Story for the first time yesterday, and it immediately ranked on my all-time favorites list. How could you not love a movie with Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn, and Jimmy Stewart all trading withering quips? The scenes after the party when everyone's drunk are absolutely brilliant. The little sister was extremely underrated...actually, everyone in the cast was great, so I'll shut up there.

You can definitely see a lot of elements of Hepburn's role as Eleanor of Aquitaine in The Lion in Winter, another excellent film about the Plantagenet family. I can understand how Hepburn was accused of playing herself, but her performance is so polished that I don't care.
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
    The Cable Guy with Jim Carrey and Matthew Broderick. Interesting, but Carrey's too frankly scarey and oafish to win even tentative friendship from anyone - 'you've got to have reality, Spike' - and the Meet the Parents guy would have been better in the Broderick role.
    A nasty spin on The Odd Couple, anyhow.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    In the cinema: Cellular, a fun caper that was short enough for me to ignore the plot holes.

On the television: Gossip, a laugably bad film with Kate Hudson before she got (almost) famous. I can't believe I actually sat through it.

On DVD: GoldenEye...introduced my daughters to Pierce as Bond.
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Bruce Almighty. - This was good but sub-par from other Jim Carrey movies
    Right now I'm watching The Cheap Detective with Peter Falk. Very classy and witty movie. It's on sale at Walmart in case anyone's interested.
    I just saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and was one of the craziest movie I've ever seen.
    Earth vs The Flying Saucers

Harryhausen's effects make this the king of all Atomic age sci-fi classics.

Then I watched the hour long documentary narrated by Leonard Nimoy on Ray. When is the greatest film of all time finally going to make a DVD debut? I'm talking about King Kong darn it all!
  • MAHOMAHO Posts: 95MI6 Agent
    edited October 2004
    Quoting Alex:
    When is the greatest film of all time finally going to make a DVD debut? I'm talking about King Kong darn it all!

Warner Home Video -- cat no 793104 (region 2). I bought mine in 2000.

---
    jfm
    Radio On, a post-punk minimalistic black and white road movie, about a radio DJ who travels by car from London to Bristol overnight to find out about his brother's suicide. Cheery stuff. Soundtrack by Bowie, Ian Dury, Kraftwerk.

It's on re-release at The Other Cinema, London.

Roger Moore 1927-2017