What song are you listening to?

Comments

• SB_DiamondSB_Diamond North Miami Beach, FLPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    At the moment a song called Silent Shout by a Swedish group called The Knife. It is so awesome and trippy, great avant garde electronica. Look for them in youtube, you won't be sorry! Also have been listening to Scissor Sisters a lot, really fun, quirky, witty songs.
    *~Orbis Non Sufficit~*
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    Rebels of the Sacred Heart - Flogging Molly

good stuff...{[]

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Heinrich Maneuver by Interpol - a criminally overlooked band, check this out.
    YNWA 97
    The Checks with Take Me There - not the most lyrically challenging song but The Rolling Stones are re-born !
    YNWA 97
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Heinrich Maneuver by Interpol - a criminally overlooked band, check this out.
    Interpol are a great band, and they must be getting tired of the Joy Division comparisons! Enjoying Our Love to Admire muchly.

Currently listening to Torn on the Platform by Jack Penate, whom I understand toured recently with the Maccabees. The latter are also very good indeed. :)
    edited July 2007
    Andy's Lullaby - Played on the Bagipes by Ben Holmes (a member of my friend's Dad's band)...amazing! you should all check him out!

http://www.bagpipe.info/

his CD "Off Kilter" is a recent perchase of mine...amazing stuff. The picture on the CD cover was taken right outside the gate of the Colorado Renaissance Festival.

~Pen -{

Girls Who Play Guitars by Maximo Park - enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NztJu7fLvEY
    YNWA 97
    'For Ireland' set - Ben Holmes

on a bit of a bagpipe kick lately...must tell Ben that I cannot get his songs out of my head...:D

~Pen -{

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    I've recently been listening to Aqua and the Dixie Chicks on Youtube. ;% {:)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Aqua for the win! I used to love them!!!! at camp, we ride around in the CIT van blasting them around town. good stuff.

as for me, I've regressed.

Hakuna Matata - The Lion King

oh yes.

~Pen -{

• Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Aqua as in, Come on Barbie let's go party ??? Intriguing. And I thought jetset's choice of Daphne & Celeste was bad :p
    unitedkingdom.png
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Aqua as in, Come on Barbie let's go party ??? Intriguing. And I thought jetset's choice of Daphne & Celeste was bad :p

Oi! I'm listening to Elvis Costello, Pump It Up right now - does that meet your exacting standards? ;)
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    Oi! I'm listening to Elvis Costello, Pump It Up right now - does that meet your exacting standards? ;)
    I don't have exacting standards, you know me better than that ;) I just have taste :D

While my iPod was on shuffle in my car earlier...Slave To The Rhthym by the inimitable Grace Jones. It brings a smile to my face, as it's fond memories of one of the most entertaining gigs I've ever been to, 3 years ago, in Glasgow's Barrowlands, a very small venue indeed. Dodgy singing, perhaps, but a priceless performance. Barking mad in ever way and 2 hours late...but as soon as Ian McShane's voiceover announced her arrival it was worth the wait. Like this, only 6ft away.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    Aqua as in, Come on Barbie let's go party ??? Intriguing.
    yes. ;% I don't know why, maybe because it's on Youtube so I don't have to pay for it, but I'm listening to music that I wouldn't be caught dead buying or listening to in public in a million years. :))
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Rubber Bullets by 10cc

Now that's Rock and Roll B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    Most recently, "Someone's Watching Over Me" by Hilary Duff, and "White Flag" by Dido.
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    edited August 2007
    The Thin Ice, performed by Ute Lemper and Roger Waters, from his The Wall - Live In Berlin, 21 July 1990...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Rubber Bullets by 10cc

Now that's Rock and Roll B-)

I love 10cc!!!

Loeff did you know how they got their name? I just heard it on Vh1 recently..I'll PM ya the answer. :))
    edited August 2007
    After going to see the Scissor Sisters last Monday (their best gig that I've seen btw, and I've seen them 5 times !) I'm listening to Contact High.
    YNWA 97
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    At the moment I'm listening to a Colplay cover of "You Only Live Twice" on youtube and its awesome!

Here's a link if anyone wants to check it out:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-oow6_5CY_k
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    Andy A 007 wrote:
    At the moment I'm listening to a Colplay cover of "You Only Live Twice" on youtube and its awesome!

Here's a link if anyone wants to check it out:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-oow6_5CY_k

Anyone know where this performance was at? Or why Coldplay decided to cover the song? Is it possible it could be released someday?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    At this very moment I am listening to "Open Arms" by Journey. Great song IMO.
    Superman - Lazlo Bane

you might know this song better as the SCRUBS theme...it's a much better song in it's full version :x

and here's hoping I can find one of my age 18+ friends to go see the Street Dogs with on the 8th...reeeeeeally wanna see them as the headliners for once...discovered this wonderful band when they opened for Flogging Molly last year on the tour...AMAZING :x

~Pen -{

• DashDangerousDashDangerous Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    I have been listening to Just Like Heaven by the Cure
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    DEATH SCENE (The Untouchables) - Ennio Morricone

Just beautiful and moody. B-)
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • SurrieSurrie Surrey, UKPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard :)
    What counts is what the heroine provokes, or rather what she represents. She is the one, or rather the love or fear she inspires in the hero , or else the concern he feels for her, who makes him act the way he does.

Author of 'Pussy Galore - A Representation of Women in James Bond Films'.
    Active tweeter and tumbler - https://twitter.com/surrie_fullard
  • GeorgiboyGeorgiboy Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    RogueAgent wrote:

I love that music. He is a great composer IMO.
    Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd...

just got back from the outdoor cinema where they were showing The Wizard of Oz, followed by The Wizard of Oz: Dark Side of the Moon...pretty interesting!

~Pen -{

edited September 2007
    Editors - An End Has A Start.

Great song, suitably Joy Division-esque, can't wait to see them next month.

Enjoy.......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5yLJVLc8HM
    YNWA 97
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Georgiboy wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I love that music. He is a great composer IMO.

Indeed. I've been a fan of Morricone since I heard the Orca score as a kid. He's one of my favorites. B-)
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -