Tom Ford Over Coat: Kazan Russia

Just treated myself to this coat from Tom Ford and I love it! The experience at the NYC store was first class and their tailor was a genius. They do not want to sell you anything that doesn't look perfect! Mario at Tom Ford understands and cares about their Bond legacy and from their cardigans to their shirts and ties to this limited coat, he takes pride in the Bond connection. Also love the fact that they create a shopping experience while you are there. 21 year old single malts, expressos, snacks...all flow freely.

stf1.JPG

stf3.JPG

stf4.JPG

stf5.JPG

stf6.JPG

stf7.JPG

stf8.JPG

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    The Mantis wrote:
    Also love the fact that they create a shopping experience while you are there. 21 year old single malts, expressos, snacks...all flow freely.

And so they should - the prices THEY charge !! :))

Lovely coat though, David - I'm jealous !
    YNWA 97
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    The weather back East certainly justifies that coat! ;) Congrats on picking one up, David! I bet the cardigan and that coat make for a warm bundle!

Now only if TF would open a store here in LA... I've heard rumblings that one is in the works. Does anyone have any info/news? The only place to purchase any TF wear here is at Neiman Marcus, and they certainly don't pull out the scotch for you there. 8-)

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Dmitri MishkinDmitri Mishkin Kansas CityPosts: 333MI6 Agent
    Very chic. Now get some gloves on and a suit and book that flight to Russia. ;)
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    So I understand that they can do the cardigan in black and made to mesure?

Ah, you are a lucky man. The coat looks just fine. I wish I was there. And I guess that if I order something by phone they won't ship their single malt complimentary.

Was there champagne? :) -{
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I bet they do have champagne...didn't hear the cardigan could be made to measure...but I guess anthing can be done for a price.
    I said that because somewhere else it looked like they were not able to do it in black anymore, just like jackets that they could not do in midnight blue anymore.

But in this thread it make it sound like they will.

And I wonder how much this coat sells for... but you don't have to tell, Mantis.

PS: I think you were on my thread about the Hamburg tie, I called today and it should be done within a week tops. I'm glad this will work.
    Sorry, the black cardigan is sold out now...
    Are you sure they were single malt? Maybe they were blends and told you they were single malt, you know.. cut corners...

I'm kidding.
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Awesome coat. Congrats David! Wear it with pride.
    Thanks! Wore it to work yesterday to some nice compliments...it's unique enuf to stand out from other coats. And practical too! It was 13 degrees yesterday and I was toasty.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Very very Nice David, You bear a striking resemblance to a young G.W. Bush in some of them shots :v :D
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    edited January 2010
    mantis arrived just after closing time at tom ford
    bush%20locked%20door.gif
    "aye baleeve that maan, aand fish can co-exist togetha, peesfullay" :))

nice pics mantis, you lucky bugger you.

ps, the leg pullings only a product of the jealousy, please dont take it seriously :D
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Very nice!

Cant beat a bit of quality.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Ugggh....anyone but GW!!!! :)
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Oh but you are much better looking :x :D
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Glad to see you're buying from Tom Ford, Dave.

Too many on here just winge about the prices. It's James Bond, for Heaven's sake!

Enjoy living the dream, Dave.
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    SNAP!!.......You just beat me to it Dave. Coat looks great!!
    I too have treated myself to the TF coat, although I'm not 100% happy.....yet.
    I ordered mine from TF in Milan and it arrived the other day. However, mine is in a 100% Virgin Wool herringbone weave, which you can only notice if you get close - see pics.
    The sheer weight of the fabric gives the coat a very structured look, making the fit of the sleeves to the shoulders etc. appear superb. It fits very well for OTR, although perhaps the sleeves could be a little longer for me. It looks black and is sold as such, although, in daylight, I suspect it might be midnight blue.
    The reason for my discontent, is that I expected for the fabric to be smooth, as I have seen it in the flesh in a smoother and slightly lighter weight fabric in grey and navy elsewhere and I assume the one made for QoS didn't have a herringbone weave - (blu-ray anyone?)

Dave - is yours a smooth virgin wool finish, is it black, or dark blue, did you buy OTR, or MTM and is it a limited edition, or not. In TF Milan, they told me that they had grey and black; the grey was reduced in price by 50%, but the black was a carry over colour.

ddQnS.jpg

1jyxDA.jpg

1jyHC9.jpg

1jyRAJ.jpg

de9l0.jpg
    Well, the coat looks amazing on you...don't think I would change a thing....and it SHOULB be a herringbone type pattern in black...not midnight blue. But as far as virgin wool, you should read again the label in the inside pocket. Its a cobo of two fabrics, neither of them wool.

I bought mine OTR but had it tailored nat TF to make it fit perfect. They took in the coat in the appropriate areas to make it fit dead on to the Kazan scene.

BTW, I like how you are buttoning the last two buttons...very Screen Accurate! :)

stf2.JPG
  • RoikinsRoikins San Francisco, CAPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Well, the coat looks amazing on you...don't think I would change a thing....and it SHOULB be a herringbone type pattern in black...not midnight blue.

So is that screen accurate verified, as the original coats that were released for that Winter season don't seem to be with a herringbone.

443_IMG_2253_tn.jpg
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Im pretty sure the screne used one was herringbone, you can see it on teh transition screne where it cuts form bond inside the appartment to outside teh appartmen, someone with BR can verify this.

COngrats on the jacket(s) and nice Tie Holden ;)
    Holden wrote:
    SNAP!!.......You just beat me to it Dave. Coat looks great!!
    I too have treated myself to the TF coat, although I'm not 100% happy.....yet.
    I ordered mine from TF in Milan and it arrived the other day. However, mine is in a 100% Virgin Wool herringbone weave, which you can only notice if you get close - see pics.
    The sheer weight of the fabric gives the coat a very structured look, making the fit of the sleeves to the shoulders etc. appear superb. It fits very well for OTR, although perhaps the sleeves could be a little longer for me. It looks black and is sold as such, although, in daylight, I suspect it might be midnight blue.
    The reason for my discontent, is that I expected for the fabric to be smooth, as I have seen it in the flesh in a smoother and slightly lighter weight fabric in grey and navy elsewhere and I assume the one made for QoS didn't have a herringbone weave - (blu-ray anyone?)

Dave - is yours a smooth virgin wool finish, is it black, or dark blue, did you buy OTR, or MTM and is it a limited edition, or not. In TF Milan, they told me that they had grey and black; the grey was reduced in price by 50%, but the black was a carry over colour.

ddQnS.jpg

1jyxDA.jpg

1jyHC9.jpg

1jyRAJ.jpg

de9l0.jpg

...and he even has the tie
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Very impressive! Nice coats, gentlemen!
  • shaken66shaken66 california usaPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    The weather back East certainly justifies that coat! ;) Congrats on picking one up, David! I bet the cardigan and that coat make for a warm bundle!

Now only if TF would open a store here in LA... I've heard rumblings that one is in the works. Does anyone have any info/news? The only place to purchase any TF wear here is at Neiman Marcus, and they certainly don't pull out the scotch for you there. 8-)

Kind regards,
    Craig

TF store now under construction on Rodeo Dr. $10 charge to walk by on the public sidewalk. :)) Awesome coat Mantis and one reason to wish for the return of the Ice Age here in So Cal!
    "How did he die?"
    "Your contact?" "Not well."
    Thanks!h
  • qbviqbvi AustraliaPosts: 254MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Well, the coat looks amazing on you...don't think I would change a thing....and it SHOULB be a herringbone type pattern in black...not midnight blue. But as far as virgin wool, you should read again the label in the inside pocket. Its a cobo of two fabrics, neither of them wool.

I bought mine OTR but had it tailored nat TF to make it fit perfect. They took in the coat in the appropriate areas to make it fit dead on to the Kazan scene.

BTW, I like how you are buttoning the last two buttons...very Screen Accurate! :)

stf2.JPG

Excellent Holden and Mantis

You both look terrific in them...ps the last 2 buttons..allows Bond to reach in for his Walther PPK...Holden since you have the coat and tie...is that armpit bulge hiding a PPK...LOL

Darn in sunny Australia..when am I ever going to use a coat like that??? 8-)
    A Whisper of Love, A Whisper of Hate
  • JesseDartJesseDart Posts: 25MI6 Agent
    How much was it if I my ask??
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    qbvi wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

stf2.JPG

Excellent Holden and Mantis

You both look terrific in them...ps the last 2 buttons..allows Bond to reach in for his Walther PPK...Holden since you have the coat and tie...is that armpit bulge hiding a PPK...LOL

Darn in sunny Australia..when am I ever going to use a coat like that??? 8-)

Move to Scotland? ;)
    Do you know it is a combo of what fabric?
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    According to the label on inside pocket,
    Fabric: 100% Lana Vergine (Virgin Wool)
    Lining: 45% Cotton 55% Cupro

Price.........fearsome I'm afraid. Roikins post when he saw the coat last year gave everyone a head's up, so this shouldn't be a great surprise......mine cost 3250 Euros.
  • urhashurhash USPosts: 983MI6 Agent
    Holden if you won the lotto you really should spread the wealth with us =D