5 things I learned from QoS.

007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
1. Shooting hydrogen fuel cells won't hurt you.
2. If you're teetering on the edge of a roof, don't try holding onto Bond's jacket.
3. Overthrowing dictatorships is actually quite easy.
4. If you need to get hold of the CIA just find the nearest cabbie.
5. Never go near Bond if you're on a motorbike. Chances are he'll twist the throttle sending you flying. And do it while looking awesome and stylish.

Anyone got any others?
Things I hate:
1. People who hate things.
2. Irony.
3. Lists.

Comments

• thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    6) The throttle on Haitian motorbikes is on the wrong side.
    7) Crappy old cargo planes are actually pretty good in a dog fight.
    8) As well as tv's, kettles etc, Haitian hotel rooms are equipped with tailoring scissors, very handy in a scrap.
    9) Alfa 166 saloons can keep up with Aston Martins with 4 times the horsepower.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • stjimmy456stjimmy456 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 75MI6 Agent
    10. Dominic Greene can't have a single party without Bond or one of his allies ruining it.
  • Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    11. MGM sucks.
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."
  • ClarkeyClarkey FrancePosts: 32MI6 Agent
    12. You can doing skydiving without a parachute, you'll never get hurt but a face scratch and a dirty shirt...{:)
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    1) henchmen named after fat american 70's singers bite arse
    2) gemma farterton should stick to them high quality st trinian flicks
    3) people with a nervous disposition make crap camera men and editors
    4) gregory beam should have been called jim
    5) i'd treat an aston with more love than mr bond
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    edited July 2010
    Clarkey wrote:
    12. You can doing skydiving without a parachute, you'll never get hurt but a face scratch and a dirty shirt...{:)

hahahahaha i love that one...
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,414Chief of Staff
    minigeff wrote:

Gregory Jim ? :s
    YNWA 97
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Sir Miles wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

On behalf of Oscar Jade, a confirmed Jim Beam drinker, I say: Shame on you! :D
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Mister GreeneMister Greene Posts: 224MI6 Agent
    - You can always find a Tux in your size just hanging around
  • stjimmy456stjimmy456 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 75MI6 Agent
    Bond has been spending enough time hanging around with M and her apartment to start asking questions. (Apartment isn't a euphemism) ;%
  • ClarkeyClarkey FrancePosts: 32MI6 Agent
    14- Never going to the toilet when Bond is in the neighbourhood...
    15- Breaking a door handle is very easy and done correctly you can lock the door...:(|)
    Sir Miles wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

On behalf of Oscar Jade, a confirmed Jim Beam drinker, I say: Shame on you! :D

Sorry Loeff...I didn't realise Oscar Jade has those types of tendancies :o :))
    YNWA 97
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    The bike is in gear and the rider has the clutch pulled in. Bond smacks his hand and he dumps the clutch.

I learned Bond should always carry a parachute, as he is forever falling out of planes.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sorry Loeff...I didn't realise Oscar Jade has those types of tendancies :o :))

Yes...he has a decided tendency to drink Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey...namely, Jim Beam. Keeps a half-pint under the seat of his car.

You must be thinking about some other tendency...

This is one of many moments I've experienced on this site from time to time (mostly with NP): Despite a common language, sometimes I'm just at a loss.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
    Well, it's not often an Englishman has a German at a loss these days. But I'll accept the compliment. {[]

Or is this another bit of language confusion? ?:) :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Well, it's not often an Englishman has a German at a loss these days. But I'll accept the compliment. {[]

Or is this another bit of language confusion? ?:) :D

No---that one I understand {[] :))
    Yes...he has a decided tendency to drink Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey...namely, Jim Beam. Keeps a half-pint under the seat of his car.

Drinking & driving, Loeff ? That's bad, very bad - he might spill some X-(

:))
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

Drinking & driving, Loeff ? That's bad, very bad - he might spill some X-(

:))

Oscar Jade would never spill a drop anywhere...except down his throat, LOL B-) Besides, to Jade it's more driving & drinking than vice versa...the man's a model of functioning self-medication.

Back on topic: One thing I learnt from QoS is that anybody can edit a Bond film these days---whilst using oven mitts :#
    it's more driving & drinking than vice versa...

And whom said men can't multi-task ? :))
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

:D And driving & shooting B-) And driving & running bad guys over :v plus driving &
    ... :o
    Sir Miles wrote:

:D And driving & shooting B-) And driving & running bad guys over :v plus driving &
    ... :o

I'm sure it does spoil her :))
    YNWA 97
    ExpatJB wrote:
    The bike is in gear and the rider has the clutch pulled in. Bond smacks his hand and he dumps the clutch.

I learned Bond should always carry a parachute, as he is forever falling out of planes.

Ah, and I thought with the throttle on idle it would simply stall. My Honda VTR 1000 simply stalled when I once dropped the clutch a the lights. Maybe its a V-twin thing. Oh well.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

Clarkey wrote:
    14- Never going to the toilet when Bond is in the neighbourhood...
    15- Breaking a door handle is very easy and done correctly you can lock the door...:(|)

Time to admit to being a touch adolesent. I found a door handle just like this one recently at a motorway services and gave it a go. It bent very badly, and after nearly breaking my wrist, felt a bit of an idiot. Oh yeah, and before anyone says anything about being weak - I'm six foot, 250lbs and used to teach unarmed combat both in the Paras and to private sector security/protection companies. In fact, I find the stunts in Bond far more plausible than this door handle thing... :#

• Mr_IceMr_Ice USPosts: 137MI6 Agent
    16-Wrist locks work all the time, in hotel rooms and on motorcycle cops.
    Guys in hotel rooms get their wrists broken.
    Motorcycle cops flop into spectacular break-falls.
  • Trance AssassinTrance Assassin Turks and Caicos IslandsPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    17 - All assassins have a briefcase containing 100 pages of blank white paper, a picture of their target, and a gun.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Some pretty funny posts on this thread, my compliments. -{
  • cdsdsscdsdss JakartaPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    *If your car door obstructs your line of fire, just ram a semi until it gets ripped off.

*If at all possible, try and work for an organization where the first thing your boss does when you've just survived a deadly chase and delivered a high-value target is serve you a high-ball.
  • Trance AssassinTrance Assassin Turks and Caicos IslandsPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    If you are with a girl and want to have sex with her, just become inept at finding stationary.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    1) Bond is still cool to a generation most likely pretty unaware (at least in any great detail) of the franchise's history pre-Brosnan (half a billion at the box office, not bad).

2) Craig owns the role like nobody since Connery.

3) David Arnold has some very surprising music cues in him (thinking of the very retro-sounding segue bits sprinkled throughout the film, very nice indeed).

4) Bond can survive - and flourish - on film without the previous Bond's ubiquitous nudge-nudge, wink-wink tie-straightening act or other camp moments of that sort (to be fair not started by Brosnan, just the most recent violator), said moments usually presaged by a handy-gadget escape (also banished, yay!)

5) Bond can have the cinematic equivalent of Fleming-Bond's FU moments, and pile on the booze (nice touch IMO).
  • Ricardo C.Ricardo C. Posts: 916MI6 Agent
    1. You can survive point blank gun fire from a machine gun
    2. You don't have to be that far from the ground to use a parachute and survive.
    3. People who work for the government are shocked when they have to do underhanded things.
    4. No one has time for anything other than shooting and killing.
    5. Water is so important that it actually serves as a plot for a series about major political espionage.